onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Lincoln City

Fosse69

Need another good show against the Imps, a team in form with recent wins at Ipswich and Barnsley with a draw at home to the Owls in between, so should bring a few. Diamond on loan from Sunderland one to watch with a hat-trick in their 6-3 win at Brissel earlier in the season. Their last visit is best forgotten, a 6-2 thrashing 4 years ago, we are a different club now.  Shake yourselves down Vale and go at them, you can do it.

Advert

Thinking about Saturday after last night .
At present we conceding 2 goals (or more )too regularly at home .
Cheltenham Forest Green and last night Ipswich so fundamentally there's a little bit of a worry about that there moving forwards in home games .
There's not a lot wrong in forward areas although on another thread someone made a point on Wilson was he chasing and harassing them at full pelt having being there I'm not sure he was ,but he is a laid back player and one of our best so hope he can connect the play .
Pett was missed last night we seem a lot tighter when he plays I've noticed in games when he plays were a lot tighter wins v Burton and Cambridge I felt he was class and at home v Cheltenham they didn't have a sniff till he was wrongly taken off .
The Conlon debate will go on I don't know what to say he clearly works very hard but I think you play him in the 10 role or not at all controversial I know but this is a forum I'll say what I think .
So team for me .
Stevens
Forrester Smith(Hall) Jones
Pett Garrity
Worrall Wilson Massey (Benning )

Mipo Harrison
I noticed Mipo puts the hard yards in feel at present we need Wilson in the hole if he ain't at it then theres Politic Butterworth or Conlon who can play there .
Need to stop the silly goals going in in home games .
UTV

I’m not sure we will get anything out of this. Lincoln are a very good side and this will be another tough test for us. People said remember we are playing the team not the name when we played Derby and Weds and that very much is the same for this game too. 3 points would be great but this isn’t a home banker. 

2 hours ago, WV said:

I’m not sure we will get anything out of this. Lincoln are a very good side and this will be another tough test for us. People said remember we are playing the team not the name when we played Derby and Weds and that very much is the same for this game too. 3 points would be great but this isn’t a home banker. 

Bookies think it is, Lincoln nearly 3/1!

Be tough though, they are a bit like Shrewsbury, tend to keep it tight and try and nick one on the counter but we should be positive, a win and we go above them so not that much between the sides.

Wonder how many Lincoln will bring went there the other week for a weekend break (rowston just outside ).
Not a bad journey at all can even miss out driving through Nottingham on way back well we did on way there went past meadow lane (Notts County).
There a really good team won 1-0 at Ipswich so that tells you all need know about the test that awaits us .
We need everyone at it .
Goalkeeper making sure nothing comes across his six yard box .
Everyone putting the hard yards in if everyone does and the crowd get behind the Vale who knows .
We owe them one 6-2 or whatever it was I didn't attend that game thank goodness what a horror show .
UTV

4 hours ago, robf said:

I wanted to pop this link into the match thread in case there's people who don't read the blog part of the site.

You're invited to join in a minute's applause in the 76th minute and if you do, thank you!

As with any such gestures held during games hopefully those fans on the various social media channels can give this a push to make Imps fans aware, if not already done.

48 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

As with any such gestures held during games hopefully those fans on the various social media channels can give this a push to make Imps fans aware, if not already done.

Thanks. It's already been pushed through OVF's social media channels. There will be a post from the club (probably tomorrow) and also a few lines in the programme.

Archived