onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Shrewsbury Town

Fosse69

Advert

14 hours ago, DazFred said:

I must confess I didn't watch the game but I've seen Wozza in the home games and at Burton and he looks like the player he was "pre Wembley". 

Forrester doesn't link with Wozza at all. Cass does.

I've said before,it's Ojo OR Pett...it can't be both.

The forward options look better now. My concern is our MF set up and Hall has had a poor season thus far. Jones is the scapegoat for the fans but if Clarke prefers him over Benning then we have to accept it. 

Hopefully 3 points on Saturday will set us up for the run of tough fixtures. Last night was an excellent point...they beat Sheff Wed 2-0 in the previous game

51 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Wow, 350 we’d better get there early.

boslem will be booming!!!!!😄

1 hour ago, sheffield61 said:

It's on blue & amber forum saying they've sold a massive 350 tickets as of last nite for the enormous treck to Vale park.....

The general excuse being given is they're unsure if the game will go ahead.....

DESPITE there being a full league 1 schedule on Tuesday........

TIN POT....🤔🤣

Have the police authorised such a high-profile match?

18 minutes ago, sheffield61 said:

TBF it IS 40.9 MILES from Shrewsbury to Burslem!!

🤣🤣

Travelling this weekend is going to be difficult. I can't get home via train from Stoke / Longport with a combination of sold out trains and Avanti chaos. So it's train to Crewe and bus between Crewe / Burslem. 

I may be impacted by Shrewsbury fans using trains. They would need to go via Wolverhampton or Crewe. Wolverhampton impacts my using trains from Liverpool to Stafford and coming back to Stoke or more directly trains from Crewe to Stoke / Birmingham or Stoke / Newark. 

If we win this game we are well placed in mid table having overcoming the start up problems of promotion to L1. Lose and everyone fears we are in relegation trouble. Neither is true, but confidence is a fragile thing. 

No fans have objective insight on the physical and match fitness of the squad. That is aside from watching the games live. What we can agree on is that post subs on Tuesday we looked a very strong L1 team and got back a point from a goal down from a team that will likely finish in the playoff area. It's time to put a team that can keep the ball and pressure the opposition box effectively on the pitch from the start - please. 

17 minutes ago, Warren said:

Travelling this weekend is going to be difficult. I can't get home via train from Stoke / Longport with a combination of sold out trains and Avanti chaos. So it's train to Crewe and bus between Crewe / Burslem. 

I may be impacted by Shrewsbury fans using trains. They would need to go via Wolverhampton or Crewe. Wolverhampton impacts my using trains from Liverpool to Stafford and coming back to Stoke or more directly trains from Crewe to Stoke / Birmingham or Stoke / Newark. 

Hi Warren, not sure it helps but Avanti are running extra trains to Manchester this weekend, not sure how reliable they'll be though!

3 hours ago, Warren said:

I live in Crewe, i could pick you up from the station and bring you back.

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

How are ticket sales for this? Have we sold out any stands?

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

two seats left in the Lorne Street, so I'd expect it to the same as other home matches where the LS goes tonight, then the Railway Stand tomorrow.

I do think with Sheff Wed and Derby on the horizon a few 1876/POTD fans might be down-prio'ing this one, though.

On 14/09/2022 at 11:27, WV said:

Its only Shrewsbury we should be hammering these :upthevale:

Not sure if this is tongue in cheek me owd fruit( I feel it might be) but I think we all fall for Names of teams and not the form they are currently in,i had a look at the fixtures a few days ago and thought how good it was to have them at home but then i looked at their current form and noticed that they haven't lost away as well.

Having said that these are the ones you hope to try and get points off. I think this will be to early for Politic or Wilson to start but surely Massey must be fit and ready to start? I would go with Cass instead of Forrester, Massey instead of Worrall and Butterworth might be pushing Garrity close for a start now. Oh and Benning for Jones

On 14/09/2022 at 12:22, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Controversial opinion…

I’d play Jones at LCB over Hall at the moment.

I was going to mention this in my previous post but forgot,i think Hall is suffering from a poor start so far so his place will also be at risk.

On a side note how many games is it now since we had a penalty 68?? I am sure they said that Galway hold the record at 72 but we now have the 2nd longest not sure how true that is though

Archived