onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

I would take a point after the previous games, as I was expecting us to be beaten by them.  However, the new players seem to have brought something extra to the team and need time to bed in, so they know their new team mates and the team to know how they play as well. 

After this game we are more than a match with teams in this division now.  Some more players to come in and our injured players back, we should have a good squad to secure mid table at the end of the season.

Advert

My overriding sensation after that is “we are going to be alright.

Bolton are no mugs and they will be up there at the end of the season.

Their keeper made 3 great saves… the one from Harrison’s header was unbelievable and on another day we would have won that!

Very impressed with Stevens who made 2 decent saves himself.

Harrison was very industrious and will be a real handful.

Big shout out to Benning who was excellent and Walker was spraying balls around for fun!

I also love the directness of Massey!

KTF

UTV

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

Good game before the sending off.

2 points dropped v 10 men in this heat. I thought we were a little too slow switching the play to really stretch them enough and ran out of ideas to break them down.

Outstanding save from Bolton keeper at the end.

I think we’ve shown are going to be very competitive in this league. Expect us to get better offensively as the attacking players start to gel.

Decent debut from the GK but MOTM, really??

The sponsors who choose man of the match must be getting given free MDMA this year or something 😄 

In all seriousness the Stevens looks assured, he wasn't our best player todaythough

Way too harsh. He's someone coming back from a terrible injury and who probably needs plenty of minutes to get some confidence back and feel good about his game.
Walsall fans seemed to rate him even though his time there was blighted by injury, so let's see how he's doing a bit further down the line before insisting he's rubbish.
Sweeping statements are annoying and pointless. 'Holden is shocking' rather than 'I don't think Holden played well today '. Which is opinion?

Just now, Matlock Vale said:
2 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Way too harsh. He's someone coming back from a terrible injury and who probably needs plenty of minutes to get some confidence back and feel good about his game.
Walsall fans seemed to rate him even though his time there was blighted by injury, so let's see how he's doing a bit further down the line before insisting he's rubbish.

Sweeping statements are annoying and pointless. 'Holden is shocking' rather than 'I don't think Holden played well today '. Which is opinion?

Some people have strong opinions,

Although it would be happy to hear why he thinks that....

maybe a few additional lines of 'Why' would be good

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

For making a definitive judgement based on one substitute appearance at the start of the season… you sir win the skip fire opinion of the day award!

16C3FB7A-C896-41CA-8413-908171074BD1.jpeg

Have you been in a coma my friend ? He's made appearances at Fleetwood and Exeter away. Both of which I thought he did very well. Least do your research if you're gonna try be smart. 

Good game for a 0-0 that. Huge side Bolton who will be right up there. Missed a few chances there and with Wilson / another forward we win that game. Thought we created a lot but nothing in the box. 
Keeper looked very good (certainly not motm) Massey was excellent when he came on. For me Ojo was motm, benning close behind. I thought Walker was immense when he came on, for me he has to start, his range of passing is easily the best at the club. Harrison put a real shift in, I’m not sure he’s going to get us the goals though. Thought proctor struggled again and not impressed with Holden so far but early days.  It’s a good point against a very good side but feels like we’ve missed a chance for 3 there. 

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

For making a definitive judgement based on one substitute appearance at the start of the season… you sir win the skip fire opinion of the day award!

16C3FB7A-C896-41CA-8413-908171074BD1.jpeg

His opinion is absolutely shocking. Not going to be good for the lad to read if he comes on here either. Potentially harming the player and the club. 

6 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

I would take a point after the previous games, as I was expecting us to be beaten by them.  However, the new players seem to have brought something extra to the team and need time to bed in, so they know their new team mates and the team to know how they play as well. 

After this game we are more than a match with teams in this division now.  Some more players to come in and our injured players back, we should have a good squad to secure mid table at the end of the season.

A good test, their local rag quotes it a Titanic achievement  to avoid defeat and so make it their 11th on the trot unbeaten L1 game

2 minutes ago, WV said:

His opinion is absolutely shocking. Not going to be good for the lad to read if he comes on here either. Potentially harming the player and the club. 

Get a grip. I thought a player didn't do well and gave my opinion.

I'll happily get Holden on my shirt if he turns out well. 

To call it absolutely shocking is way over the top. A player played bad it's not end of the world 

Archived