onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

Advert

I think DC sees the squad as a rotation of players and real competition in all places. When the squad fit, the subs must be as strong as anyone’s. The problem is when we lose players to injuries all the time. After Wilson and Worrall are back we can hopefully have a strong showing with a fully fit squad that is rotated to prevent injury without losing quality.

The squad is much, much better than the fully fit squad that got out of L2, and still a few more bits to fill!

I'm chuffed with the result by the way but people on here will slate you no matter the comment.
If We had a striker on the pitch today it would have been game over but that's football for you. I'm confident we'll be fine this season. 
Desperately need wilson back though 

I'm not slating 'whatever the comment'. I thought he was OK. Not great. I don't expect every player in league on to be world class every game. Enjoyed the game. Happy with 0 0 at this stage of the season.

Getting tired of Vale fans slagging their own off on minimal evidence and then covering themselves by saying "I'm entitled to my opinion".  We're all entitled to our opinion, it's just that some opinions are more rational and evidence based than some other knee jerk ones based on one performance when we don't always know the context.  We've moved up a league, and not everyone is going to be perfect every week.  Let's bed in for the long haul shall we, and try to be positive where we can?  Always the best way I find. If a player is shockingly bad, they don't need us to remind them of it - they have their professional pride and will be hurting.  4 points from 3 games. Onwards.

0-0 is a result I would have taken at the start of the game.

I thought we were well in the game when Bolton had 11 players, I think we were in control for the whole of the second half.

I thought we made some chances that we should have done better with, i think we were unlucky that their Goalkeeper made an absolutely world class save towards the end.

I think the players don't know each other that well yet and there was a number of instances of miscommunication.

i thought Benning was great, Proctor doesn't look fit to me, hopefully we can sign more strikers so he doesn't have to play if he's not 100%.

Surprised there was only 7,250 Vale fans there, that's actually a bit disappointing imo.

Some positive stuff to take in to Tuesday, am i going? Yes I am

8 hours ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

0-0 is a result I would have taken at the start of the game.

I thought we were well in the game when Bolton had 11 players, I think we were in control for the whole of the second half.

I thought we made some chances that we should have done better with, i think we were unlucky that their Goalkeeper made an absolutely world class save towards the end.

I think the players don't know each other that well yet and there was a number of instances of miscommunication.

i thought Benning was great, Proctor doesn't look fit to me, hopefully we can sign more strikers so he doesn't have to play if he's not 100%.

Surprised there was only 7,250 Vale fans there, that's actually a bit disappointing imo.

Some positive stuff to take in to Tuesday, am i going? Yes I am

You think an awful lot!

Just messing. 😊

Good game before the sending off.

2 points dropped v 10 men in this heat. I thought we were a little too slow switching the play to really stretch them enough and ran out of ideas to break them down.

Outstanding save from Bolton keeper at the end.

I think we’ve shown are going to be very competitive in this league. Expect us to get better offensively as the attacking players start to gel.

Decent debut from the GK but MOTM, really??

8 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I've criticised a player who made zero difference against 10 men. You might think different and that's fair enough  but my opinion is he was way out of depth today and was like a lost boy in midfield. 

I pay my money to go every game like every vale fan so if i criticise a player that's my opinion. Don't like it then fair enough but bore off with your snoody remarks. 

Last i checked this was a forum but god forbid you make a negative comment.

By the way. I was chuffed with a draw at the start your majesty if that's okay ? 

Way too harsh. He's someone coming back from a terrible injury and who probably needs plenty of minutes to get some confidence back and feel good about his game.

Walsall fans seemed to rate him even though his time there was blighted by injury, so let's see how he's doing a bit further down the line before insisting he's rubbish.

Archived