• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Wembley Tickets PO Final

Further to the stalling of ticket sales. I've been watching over the past 36 hours and the sales have gone right off. Clearly those who HAVE to be there already got their tickets early doors and that's an given. Trippers and 'plastics' who may be tempted to have a day out are not going to be impressed with the price of available seats, many of which are about 60 quid! Only the committed would pay that but they've already got theirs. The only way we could get a significant boost in numbers is if they opened the top deck opposite the cameras where the cheap seats are. How they've opened them up for sale so far suggests that won't happen, even if Vale asked them to. Unless there's a 'Payday' rush tomorrow, we won't even shift the blocks that are open never mind any new ones. I think it's a poor show to not have some of the cheapest seats on sale righ from the start. I'm not arsed about willy waving over attendances but to think some true fans can't go due to cost stresses me. 30 years ago I was on the dole and managed to attend twice in two Sundays but i was paying it back for quite some time in them days.

Advert:

Just been on the club shop ! Great to see it so busy! Spent a few bob . At last we are having some cash coming into the club, and most importantly will be spent wisely .

• Like 5

3 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

I know a few people, both fans and non fans, who would have come but are going away in half term. Popular week to go away is may half term.

I'm getting on the train on my own. Dad and brother going on a coach and then meeting a couple of mates down there who either live there or are coming from somewhere else.

Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

What time you catching the train? Me and my lad are heading down from Leeds too. 

42 minutes ago, bomber said:

Just been on the club shop ! Great to see it so busy! Spent a few bob . At last we are having some cash coming into the club, and most importantly will be spent wisely .

Me too, spent a small fortune.  Playoff scarves are (or were) back in too.  3 boxes arrived earlier.

Advert:

32 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Me too, spent a small fortune.  Playoff scarves are (or were) back in too.  3 boxes arrived earlier.

...and me too. Loads of Wembley gear and goodies for the kids on the coach ride

13 minutes ago, bomber said:

I think everyone is of a mind knowing our owners will put the money to good use .

As Carol Said the other night "Whatever happens we are at the start of a positive journey" if we do fall short I know we will be trying all we can again next season to make it rather than in the past flogging what assets we can and having to start again.

• Like 1

Advert:

The rate the stuff was being sold yesterday, the club could be making serious money from the Wembley merchandise. They deserve credit for sourcing it so quickly and in all fairness it's reasonably priced. They've also continued with the 10% discount for season ticket holders, which is a bonus. I hope they maximise it by staying open late and getting the shop open on Saturday morning for when the coaches leave. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smithie said:

The rate the stuff was being sold yesterday, the club could be making serious money from the Wembley merchandise. They deserve credit for sourcing it so quickly and in all fairness it's reasonably priced. They've also continued with the 10% discount for season ticket holders, which is a bonus. I hope they maximise it by staying open late and getting the shop open on Saturday morning for when the coaches leave. 

Shop opens at 7am, coaches leave at 9 am!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, connor hackett said:
5 hours ago, Joe B said:
Who cares how many we sell, really? Makes no difference.

Beyond the initial 5/6 thousand regulars, is a pi####g contest to see who's got the most plastic day trippers. Whether we take 15 k or 25k it will be back to 5k when next season starts. Who cares what about opinions of rival teams on the socials, I've had a great week since Thursday, and if we lose on Saturday, I've enjoyed the ride. If we win however il be buzzing all summer.

With all the work Carol and Kevin have done to bring more children to the club, it would be great if that 5k you quote could become 6k or 7k consistently over the next couple of years. I don't think we'll consistently get more than that, but surely 7k is achievable, especially with our current owners. 

• Like 2

Just now, valefan88 said:

With all the work Carol and Kevin have done to bring more children to the club, it would be great if that 5k you quote could become 6k or 7k consistently over the next couple of years. I don't think we'll consistently get more than that, but surely 7k is achievable, especially with our current owners. 

Due to the last 3 home gates we managed to average over 6000 this season. That's a decent base to start from. 

Winning football attracts people it's really that simple. But at least we are trying to attract kids and engage with the fans so hopefully we can increase the support. 

• Like 4

Advert:

1 minute ago, BriSilverdale said:

190 tickets sold in the last 24 hours (220 tickets in the previous 24 hours)...drying up a little but fingers crossed for that Friday pay day surge!

Great following regardless. UTV!

Looking this morning and again just now, feels like we've picked up a bit from yesterday. The lower tier block near the corner that opened up yesterday went from hardly any sold to a few rows. T2 tickets opposite the tunnel have seen a couple of blocks almost sell out. Wonder if the extra coaches (only 3 I know) have helped. Hopefully tomorrow will see a few make a last minute decision to go for it.

38 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Due to the last 3 home gates we managed to average over 6000 this season. That's a decent base to start from. 

Winning football attracts people it's really that simple. But at least we are trying to attract kids and engage with the fans so hopefully we can increase the support. 

Winning football matches helps but plenty of one-club towns get great crowds regardless of what division they're in (Norwich, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Sunderland etc). 

I think we're going the right way with the dirt-cheap/free junior season tickets and shirts, fan zones and massively increased role in the community. Ultimately you can't force people to come but you can remove a lot of barriers - and we have done.   

• Like 5