onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wrexham

7 hours ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Hate Wrexham and hate seeing how well thy are doing, but this is purely from a jealous point of view and it's a shame these random hollywood A Listers didn't choose Burslem.

I do think the media circus around it all is nauseating though. How many times do you think Wrexham will be on sky next year? Do you think it will be more than every team in league 1 put together?

Wrexham and Salford will be on at least 5 times each, guaranteed. Embarrassing. 

Advert

Yes huge Fairytale. Who'd of thought a team with Mullen, Tozer, Palmer and Youtube king Ben Foster would win that League ahead of the likes of Dorking and Maidenhead ?

Incredible feat considering they were the bookies 11/8 fav back in August.

No time for them. 

I always find it interesting that Wrexham and Salford (Salford more in the eyes of terrestrial tv channels) can be both "plucky underdogs" and "team owned by wealthy multimillionaire famous" people at once.

It makes BBC's job easier when scheduling FA Cup ties. Now they have two teams to choose instead of a small non-league team playing at home

I often think why is it the only teams i hate or dislike are teams that play in red and white.Stoke City,Walsall,Wrexham,Sunderland.Man u,Liverpool.and Sheffield United Crewe don't bother me really i'v always felt sorry for them since they lost 13-2 in a cup replay against Spurs.

Wrexham showed that they meant business when they signed Paul Mullin from Cambridge on a £4,500 a week salary.Signing Tozer and Hayden reportedly on £3,000 a week also helped as well but fair play to their owners and recruitment team.We had some tasty matches in the 60's with them and I remember going to the Racecourse among a crowd of 20,000 and getting a 1-1 draw,thanks to goal from Tommy McLaren.Looking forward to meeting up with them in League One sometime soon.

21 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

I have absolutely loved following the story of Wrexham since Deadpool and Rob Mcelhenney have taken over.

It is not only the football club that they have done wonders for but it's also the town of Wrexham, North Wales and Wales in general.

They have really got a hold of the local community and do wonders for that.

Its crazy to see all these Hollywood A - listers like Antman & Will Ferrell just popping up in Wrexham on matchday going for a few beers with the supporters.

Congratulations to Wrexham on getting back into the football league. Looking forward to hopefully playing them again soon

Well put BJ and I'm looking forward to the 2nd series which we now know will have a happy ending.  I always suggest to Americans who are traveling to London to see some football not to just go and see the the big clubs but also to take in a game at the likes of Leyton Orient, Crawley or Colchester.

The docuseries has given exposure around the world to the lower league clubs and the fact there is a professional tiered system in the UK with relegation/promotion, it's not just about Man U and Chelsea. 

I do my bit for Port Vale FC in Boston but I don't have the Hollywood money although I have the looks and the charisma!!!! especially when wearing the "Rays"..... jokes guys, jokes as I'm as ugly as hell and need the "Rays".

According to my wife, the Wrexham/Hollywood story made it onto the Good Morning America tv show, how PVFC and the club shop would love such exposure. However, the marriage will likely end up in the divorce courts some time but I hope with not too much acrimony.

9 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Well put BJ and I'm looking forward to the 2nd series which we now know will have a happy ending.  I always suggest to Americans who are traveling to London to see some football not to just go and see the the big clubs but also to take in a game at the likes of Leyton Orient, Crawley or Colchester.

The docuseries has given exposure around the world to the lower league clubs and the fact there is a professional tiered system in the UK with relegation/promotion, it's not just about Man U and Chelsea. 

I do my bit for Port Vale FC in Boston but I don't have the Hollywood money although I have the looks and the charisma!!!! especially when wearing the "Rays"..... jokes guys, jokes as I'm as ugly as hell and need the "Rays".

According to my wife, the Wrexham/Hollywood story made it onto the Good Morning America tv show, how PVFC and the club shop would love such exposure. However, the marriage will likely end up in the divorce courts some time but I hope with not too much acrimony.

Well said.

I came across this earlier today

Twitter.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived