onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wrexham

Advert

Same could be said for Vale Warren.  I remember during the promo season (I think) back in the 70's running the gauntlet down the platform to get back on the train with stones thrown by Wrexham fans from a bridge  ricocheting off the train and station buildings.....hold on why would I like 'em back in the EFL?

31 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Same could be said for Vale Warren.  I remember during the promo season (I think) back in the 70's running the gauntlet down the platform to get back on the train with stones thrown by Wrexham fans from a bridge  ricocheting off the train and station buildings.....hold on why would I like 'em back in the EFL?

Always preferred Chester myself 

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Yes, the Welsh boys come with a bit of attitude. Never experienced them in that era but even in the 1990's when I did go to a Tranmere v Wrexham game it was - shall we say - vibrant in the stadium. Wirral has quick connections to Wrexham via motorway and train. To be fair I worked in Wrexham for a month in 2014 and it has a surprisingly nice centre / shops. Not seen it post Covid-19. 

• 7 months later...

Finding a lot of the coverage of this really nauseating, tbh. Congratulations and all that but to paint it as some kind of fairy tale is pathetic. 

The BBC wrote... 

"It has been an unbelievable story, a story you probably wouldn't write in Hollywood.

But sometimes dreams come true and it's happening here."

which is such claptrap. 

2 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Finding a lot of the coverage of this really nauseating, tbh. Congratulations and all that but to paint it as some kind of fairy tale is pathetic. 

The BBC wrote... 

"It has been an unbelievable story, a story you probably wouldn't write in Hollywood.

which is such claptrap. 

Same

They've got a league 1 squad and a keeper that was playing premier league Two years ago.

If you don't come up from the conference with that then you've got problems.

22 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

The BBC wrote... 

which is such claptrap. 

It isn't claptrap and it is an unbelievable story. 

How many Hollywood actors have bought a run down football club in a depressed area/town of North Wales which has seen better days, they didn't know where Wrexham was, had no links to the area and  knew nothing about football yet still sank their own money into the club on the basis of "wanting to do something right for people and the community" if my memory of the reasons given serves me correctly.

If the reaction of the people of Wrexham on the docuseries is only half true then those people are very grateful and overjoyed that this big part of their life and community has been saved and resurrected for now. The questions now are "What now?, What's the long term" which are questions that apply to all lower league football clubs.

I have absolutely loved following the story of Wrexham since Deadpool and Rob Mcelhenney have taken over.

It is not only the football club that they have done wonders for but it's also the town of Wrexham, North Wales and Wales in general.

They have really got a hold of the local community and do wonders for that.

Its crazy to see all these Hollywood A - listers like Antman & Will Ferrell just popping up in Wrexham on matchday going for a few beers with the supporters.

Congratulations to Wrexham on getting back into the football league. Looking forward to hopefully playing them again soon

23 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I have absolutely loved following the story of Wrexham since Deadpool and Rob Mcelhenney have taken over.

It is not only the football club that they have done wonders for but it's also the town of Wrexham, North Wales and Wales in general.

They have really got a hold of the local community and do wonders for that.

Its crazy to see all these Hollywood A - listers like Antman & Will Ferrell just popping up in Wrexham on matchday going for a few beers with the supporters.

Congratulations to Wrexham on getting back into the football league. Looking forward to hopefully playing them again soon

I'm pleased they are back. But Hollywood funding meets Financial Fair Play rules in L2. Their ascent through the leagues will be much harder.

I'm definitely off to watch Tranmere v Wrexham provided Tranmere aren't on the same home schedule as Port Vale. Sell out game at Prenton Park.

34 minutes ago, Warren said:

I'm pleased they are back. But Hollywood funding meets Financial Fair Play rules in L2. Their ascent through the leagues will be much harder.

They will  fine in regards FFP.

They have a number of high paying sponsorship deals in place. They are getting paid a huge amount by Fox for the documentary. They have got Kings of Leon playing two concerts in the Summer.

The money coming into that club at all angles, in the right way , is bananas 

Hate Wrexham and hate seeing how well thy are doing, but this is purely from a jealous point of view and it's a shame these random hollywood A Listers didn't choose Burslem.

I do think the media circus around it all is nauseating though. How many times do you think Wrexham will be on sky next year? Do you think it will be more than every team in league 1 put together?

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Well done Notts County, they’ve had a fantastic season. I’d imagine every team in that league is glad to see the back of Wrexham. At least the league will be on a level playing field next season. Already talking about the EPL.

Really hope County come up in the playoffs.   Done incredible to keep pace with money bags.  Personally thought Billy Sharpe  was right in what he said.

Archived