onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

lot of delusional people on here who think  that our management team have greater experience and more knowledge than there counterparts in league one !!!  trust the process is all we keep hearing , wait until this time , wait until they are back from Spain , they are willing to wait for the better players ! who are they kidding ? do people really think that we can sign better players than what are being snapped up sooner than later ? they talk the talk but will they walk the walk , I for one am not convinced
So what did they do last season, if they didn't 'walk the walk'?

Advert

15 minutes ago, mvb said:

lot of delusional people on here who think  that our management team have greater experience and more knowledge than there counterparts in league one !!!  trust the process is all we keep hearing , wait until this time , wait until they are back from Spain , they are willing to wait for the better players ! who are they kidding ? do people really think that we can sign better players than what are being snapped up sooner than later ? they talk the talk but will they walk the walk , I for one am not convinced

If only there was something they had done in the last year or so to show they could walk the walk…

There is nobody from the club that has said trust the process by the way. That was just something Pope said on the Ale and the Vale podcast as a stick to beat the club with but it just backfired.

15 minutes ago, mvb said:

Have faith MVB 

The season hasn't started yet 

Get behind the team,enjoy L1. Look at the fixture list. Fleetwood is one of the worst ones! 

13 minutes ago, mvb said:

Im sorry but seriously mate your entitled to your opinion but why not back them until proven otherwise. Like why be so negative when the recruitment last season was on the whole impressive and got us promoted. why assume the negative when theyve only shown us positive things. The whole idea of supporting a club/manager is backing the ideas /vision they have for the club. So if your going to be negative when they have shown us so much positivity in the past year then when will you genuinely support the team and back there decisions. You could be right but why have that mindset when there is no evidence for your opinion. 

I think it's best to wait and see who we sign before making judgements. Many of these teams who have signed players early have probably paid well over odds for players just for the sake of it, with no plan as to how they fit. Yes, we may have missed out on signings but I don't think we should be silly and throw money at it like some clubs.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

I think you can hold the view that the management know what they're doing whilst also believing this summer hasn't entirely gone to plan.

I think Clarke and Flitcroft are quite good. I think they had a good plan for the summer. I don't think that plan would have been 2 signings a week and a half before the first game!

We'll be fine, but believing the summer has been a difficult one is not the same as doubting the management. I think we've been outbid for a number of targets and ideally would have had more players in for the Spain trip.

38 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Im sorry but seriously mate your entitled to your opinion but why not back them until proven otherwise. Like why be so negative when the recruitment last season was on the whole impressive and got us promoted. why assume the negative when theyve only shown us positive things. The whole idea of supporting a club/manager is backing the ideas /vision they have for the club. So if your going to be negative when they have shown us so much positivity in the past year then when will you genuinely support the team and back there decisions. You could be right but why have that mindset when there is no evidence for your opinion. 

I am just frustrated , and believe that our management team are no better than most other management teams in league one ,it frustrates me when some fans see them as some sort of gods who work on a higher plain than other management teams , as always the proof will be in the pudding , hope my frustration and concerns are not justified 

From an Oxford United forum...

We have made 1 signing, of which they were on loan with us last season. But have lost a few 1st team players with no replacements yet.

Our manager has this morning reported of missing targets, but each season he says we will do our business early, yet are still scrambling to sign players after the season has started

44 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

in business ( and it is a business) you cant dwell on past performances , you have to keep moving forward

19 minutes ago, mvb said:

I am just frustrated , and believe that our management team are no better than most other management teams in league one ,it frustrates me when some fans see them as some sort of gods who work on a higher plain than other management teams , as always the proof will be in the pudding , hope my frustration and concerns are not justified 

Ignore my earlier post, treat yourself to that 99. 👍🏻

2 hours ago, mvb said:

Understand your view completely. But I think they have credit in the bank from last season. If Blackman signs this week then I think that’s a sign of things to come. We probably have missed out on quite a few we wanted with it being so much more competitive and we’re not a big side compared to some in this division. 

We might not sign household names or proven league 1 players but I think that’s a good thing. No point wasting our time saying we’re after Norwood when Barnsley are interested. 

My view on this, is that we have a very good management / recruitment team but I think they would be lying if they said this window has gone to plan. We will have definitely missed out on a few so far and I’m adamant they would have liked the majority of their squad in place before Fleetwood. Still time to go but I would really like to see 2/3 sign this week. 

We may have missed out on targets , so what ? Lee Trundle was once en route to sign for us till he got a phone call, constantly saying we are finding it hard is achieving absolutely nothing , you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to know we need more players. In , ramming this down everyone’s throat gets a bit tiresome

My view is simple , DC since joining the club has proven himself , it could go wrong of course , that’s life

Archived