onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

10 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

My only question mark over Blackman would be why he stayed at Chelsea for so long without playing, rather than leaving and looking to play games. I never understand why players are happy being paid for doing nothing.

Is he just motivated by money? Will he fit the work ethic of the group?

I trust this will have been spoken about during the process if we sign him though.

Look at Baker who has now gone stoke,he went the longest at Chelsea without playing i think and now he has become probably the best player at stoke now.

Advert

1 hour ago, Vale Ball said:
1 hour ago, Alsager Whites said:
Covolan was signed to be our first-choice and within 6 months had been ostracised from the first-team before being loaned back to non-league where he was signed from.
2 red cards and not many fantastic performances, and the experiment has been abandoned within the year. 
Has to be a poor signing for me. If you're moving on from your first-choice keeper in 6 months, it's not gone well.
Hussey I really didn't think was very good at all.

Name one club where every transfer is successful...

Arguably no one, but as mentioned in the original post it depends on the definitions of success.  Take Ryan Johnson as an example - not a success on the pitch from a fan forum perspective but impressed Stockport enough, as a footballer(?),for them to pay more for him than we did, so a definite success from the business model perspective.  Even more so if the timeframe is considered - we added value to an asset between consecutive transfer windows (could only be bettered if we bought and sold in the same window).

If 75% is DC’s stated aim then based over on responses thus far (really liked the structure of AW’s breakdown BTW and agreed with virtually all the player placements too) just on permanent signings at worst it’s 4/15 poor (just under 75% successful) counting Amos, Cov, Hussey & Johnson as the poor signings and at best 3/15 (80% successful) -Amos and Cov poor with Johnson and Hussey perhaps combined as one since the good business for Johnson and Hussey only here for 6 months and was injured in that time too so not necessarily seen enough of him (though that is enough for some to class him as poor) so we are there or thereabouts at the target.

Hopefully opinions on existing players won’t reduce this % too much through this season - judgements so far made on success of signings in context of Lg2 rather than Lg1 and let’s hope this season’s signings, whenever they come in, keep up the trend!

It will also be interesting to see where we are at with the trialists when they come back Holden and the other lad(sorry cant remember his name)
Big Derek.

I'd say that naming him in the media releases rather than calling him "trialist" means we might have signed him?

Didn't Carol say recently they want a group of 8 or so young pros under the first team, similar to a development squad? He might be one of those?

44 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

My only question mark over Blackman would be why he stayed at Chelsea for so long without playing, rather than leaving and looking to play games. I never understand why players are happy being paid for doing nothing.

Is he just motivated by money? Will he fit the work ethic of the group?

I trust this will have been spoken about during the process if we sign him though.

Well if we signed him he would be the first Vale player with a Champions League Winners Medal

For me Benning had a fantastic end to the season, and this seemed to gloss over a bang average season for the lad. He embarked on a new fitness regime, and looking at the photos on social media, completely transformed his body. Looked way more energetic and stronger. The reason I mention this is the way we've seen Hussey look on pre season photographs, he looks ripped like a middle weight boxer. Fingers crossed he's walking down the same path as Benning, looks like a guy with a point to prove. If we get to see a fully fit Hussey he might just turn all those negative comments around. He's definitely got talent, but looked laboured and slow last season. We could have a new player on our hands this season.

8 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

For me Benning had a fantastic end to the season, and this seemed to gloss over a bang average season for the lad. He embarked on a new fitness regime, and looking at the photos on social media, completely transformed his body. Looked way more energetic and stronger. The reason I mention this is the way we've seen Hussey look on pre season photographs, he looks ripped like a middle weight boxer. Fingers crossed he's walking down the same path as Benning, looks like a guy with a point to prove. If we get to see a fully fit Hussey he might just turn all those negative comments around. He's definitely got talent, but looked laboured and slow last season. We could have a new player on our hands this season.

Obviously the fitness coaches are earning their money and the players are motivated, trust the process🙂

Have you actually read anything I've said?
I was clear in my initial post our recruitment record is very good and provided a fairly objective assessment of how each signing has fared. Admitting Covalan and Hussey aren't great signings is a completely rational opinion.
I haven't criticised at all! Literally said that the signings have overall been good. This forum is getting ridiculous. If you don't pretend literally every decision ever taken by the process is perfect, you're criticising. So boring!
I don't think you read what you put or you forget, virtually every post you put on is going on about the transfers that haven't worked, we know all about it, it happens at all clubs, move on enjoy the good weather and concentrate on the positives in life.

2 hours ago, Alsager Whites said:

Have you actually read anything I've said?

I was clear in my initial post our recruitment record is very good and provided a fairly objective assessment of how each signing has fared. Admitting Covalan and Hussey aren't great signings is a completely rational opinion.

I haven't criticised at all! Literally said that the signings have overall been good. This forum is getting ridiculous. If you don't pretend literally every decision ever taken by the process is perfect, you're criticising. So boring!

I think DC said in the video with DF and Carol if he gets 75% of his signings right he’ll be a happy man. As far as I’m concerned, he has achieved that figure unlike many previous Vale managers so in that respect I do trust the process. 👍

UV also linking us Vaclav Hladky again, but as I mentioned a couple of times, Ipswich want £100,000!
https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/aberdeen-face-fee-hurdle-land-7248857
I'd be happy with either, but Blackman seems more likely.
Given the coin made at the playoffs, I wouldn't think spending this sort of money on the right player was out of the question. But I don't see that for a keeper.

Just now, The French Connection said:
7 hours ago, valeparklife said:
UV also linking us Vaclav Hladky again, but as I mentioned a couple of times, Ipswich want £100,000!
https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/aberdeen-face-fee-hurdle-land-7248857
I'd be happy with either, but Blackman seems more likely.

Given the coin made at the playoffs, I wouldn't think this was out of the question.

It has been hinted at on here before but it looks like we are also targeting players who are still under contract at other clubs,so i have no doubt that we can pay transfer fees for the right players

Ryan Edmondson scored again for Carlisle against Bolton in pre season game. That four in three games. Carlisle fans seem well happy with him. I thought we would have picked him up as a backup striker when Leeds released him.

Ryan Edmondson scored again for Carlisle against Bolton in pre season game. That four in three games. Carlisle fans seem well happy with him. I thought we would have picked him up as a backup striker when Leeds released him.
Agreed. Although the proof will come in the real fixtures. Rekeil Pyke scored 4 in his first 2 for us pre season. Has scored 6 in 4 years since, with none for us!

Archived