onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

I know there are a lot of people chewing their lips and finger nails over the lack of signings; and some of intimated we might only compete for the dregs of whats left, but i have a feeling that, after what Carol and Flitters have said, we could very well end up with a couple of Prem League guys joining us on loan soon.

Me - i'm just looking forward to us playing in EFL1 and surprising one or two teams with the lovely style of football we play.

KTF and UTV

As someone said earlier(Tisdeano i think) if a few of our targets are tied to other clubs then maybe this is why DC asked for patience as the club will have to wait for things to happen at the other club first or maybe negotiating a fee.

One thing is with loans or signings tied to clubs at least they should come in ready to go if they have been involved in their current teams pre season and training. I for one cant wait for these next 2 weeks now

55 minutes ago, smithie said:

If any fan needs cheering up after that hugely entertaining season and the Wembley win, 6000 season tickets sold, the ground looking a million dollars and some huge fixtures to look forward to then I have to assume they're clinically depressed.     

Are you for real, the situation in the country and the world, some of us might be a bit depressed so don’t be so condescending .

6 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I see MK Dons have signed Grigg

There will certainly be some seasoned strikers in this league next season

His career seems to have hit a downturn after joining Sunderland. Decent loan spell at franchise though. Certainly a big name player though whether at this point the myth is greater than the reality we’ll see I guess.

1 hour ago, bomber said:

I know most are a little concerned on signings as I am. But Luton are in the championship with basically the team that got them out of league 2 ! And very nearly got in the prem! So fair play to them. There is no reason we can't emulate them, we do have some very good players . Maybe a few shrewd additions and we could ruffle a few feathers. 

The whole "Luton fairytale" is a fallacy.

Their spend from League Two to the Championship is much much higher than people ever realise.

They spent around £1m on transfer fees in 17/18 in League Two and had a wage bill of £3m! Then they spent around £800k on transfers in League One the season after.

Credit to them, they've done exceptionally well in the Championship since, but they've definitely spent their way up there.

50 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

What??? You're not enthusiastic about the new season????

I seem to have rattled a few feathers unintentionally.

A lot of fans are concerned about the lack of signings and are saying it’s been a boring pre-season with no friendlies etc.

So perhaps the enthusiasm has    been quelled a little and replaced with a little concern regarding the coming season.

If people don’t understand that, then fair enough.

Perhaps after the video tonight fans will feel a little more relaxed and confident.

I reckon we have signed 6 players and they will all be revealed on fri 22nd July then away shirt release day 23rd and pick season tickets up weekend .
Wow unbelievable what happening off the pitch new turnstiles magnificent suites .
Never known Vale be so professional
It's a exciting time expect the unexpected
UTV

I absolutely cannot wait for the season to start. I've bought 2 season tickets for the first time in 5 seasons and the lack of signings/Hamil End debate/lack of friendlies,do not affect the way I feel one little bit.

I'm still watching videos from the final at Wembley and when I look at the fixture list,it is so exciting. 

I know the club will think differently but as long as we are still in League 1 the following season then we can build upon it.

And I am probably the most pessimistic person you can meet who can moan about anything and everything!

Archived