onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I also think there will be more than 2 or 3 to come in,if it's true how long Wilson is out then you would think possibly 3 strikers will be needed, I will be surprised if we sign Lowery tbh and i am guessing Holden still has a lot to prove

On the subject of Willo the Supporters Club put up a tweet not long ago saying he will be the guest at their AGM on Thursday so guess can finally get to see what his actual status is.

What a 24 hours it has been. Started going down to VP in the late nineties as a child and can honestly say I’ve never been more excited for the start of a new season. Some very impressive signings, the manner in which we are strengthening our squad - which IMO could already hold its own in L1 - is really giving me butterflies! The Small signing could be a master stroke, hats off to DF for creating ties with a club that’s arguably best in the UK for churning out fantastic youngsters. What a great time to be a Vale fan

Very intriguing signings. As many have said, this could be a very exciting season. If they maximize their potential, this could really be another promotion team. Obviously that’s not a guarantee, but for me, these signings, on top of what we have could be that good. 

Usually we get a few duds, but even then, that should do us for mid table. 

A fantastic day of signings, a real mix of development and quality. If there was ever any doubt that the recruitment know exactly what they need for the squad and the ambition then today drives a stake into the bizarre worry and lack of faith some fans have shown over the last few weeks.  

WHERE IS BEN??

I was never concerned and I’m not a happy clapper and there are still signings to be made, but forum members on here need to use this as a lesson. The club isn’t going to announce signings when you want them to. They will announce them when it’s right for the club.

Yes, people think differently, form different opinions but the signings were always coming. I’m really disappointed at peoples lack of patience. Seeing the comments on here, the FB group and Twitter the last few weeks, it’s actually embarrassing. Questioning Carol, even Flitcroft earning his salary when the deals had been done. 

I see Carol is looking to hire a Lollipop Man for match days to hold the hands of all the bedwetters crossing Hamil Road.

3 minutes ago, Rocky said:

A fantastic day of signings, a real mix of development and quality. If there was ever any doubt that the recruitment know exactly what they need for the squad and the ambition then today drives a stake into the bizarre worry and lack of faith some fans have shown over the last few weeks.  

WHERE IS BEN??

I'm not going to use the P word about recruitment but I would describe our approach as methodical.

DC and Flickers both talk about getting the right blend of experience, age and players at different development for the squad. Today has been a really good demonstration of that.

This club is in great hands thanks to the Senior Management Team. 

Well done Vale for finally getting some deals over the line. Massey aside, I don’t really know too much about the other signings. I would still like us to get in a proven striker and goalkeeper to compete with Stone before the season starts. Still a few days left to get them in. Fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Small has come to play. Something has to give on the left flank. 

Nothing has to give, that’s not to say it won’t, but first and foremost Small will have to earn the right to play.  He’s 17 so I’d be delighted if he was a immediate contender but I’m guessing this won’t be the case.

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Nothing has to give, that’s not to say it won’t, but first and foremost Small will have to earn the right to play.  He’s 17 so I’d be delighted if he was a immediate contender but I’m guessing this won’t be the case.

Small has yet to make his League debut, he has played in the FA Cup as Everton`s youngest ever player at 16y176d. Has the physique but men`s football is why he is here to learn, the potential is there, hopefully he will make his mark.

6 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

We can only thank Danny Butterfield and Southampton for making this deal work, we delivered a presentation to them about our club, our playing style, the manager and the environment that we have created, and they were blown away by it.

That's a great reaction to the new-found professionalism of Vale's backroom staff...especially with a club like Southampton who have a fair bit of renown for their youth system!

Looking at the way the squad is shaping up I'm thinking we will look to play 343 as our primary formation, especially with Conlon, Walker and Pett working back to fitness.

Saturday can't come quick enough.

Archived