onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

parking fine

captain scarlet

morning all 

got a parking fine from euro car parks this morning saying i had entered the sainsburys carpark at 08.28.27 on the 8/6/21 and departed at 10.17.56 on the 10/6/21 now both are true but in between i left after dropping off my son at college got home went to aldi to do my shopping with the wife in kidsgrove got home went to work at 3.00 pm -11.00pm drove to and from work at asda wolstanton got up on the 10th june took the lad to college dropped him and went home 

i have appealed this. any one else had a similar experience ? 

i will not be paying the fine thats for sure 

Advert

Private parking companies are generally scum.

It's a charge not a fine, private companies can't fine you, no matter how official they try and make the paperwork look.

Do not immediately give them your details, do not tell them who the registered owner is, do not say who was driving the car unless circumstances down the line dictate that you have to. 

I don't really understand your sequence of events sorry. When did you leave the Sainsbury's car park, and when did you go back?

What is their evidence that you overstayed?

It is worth spending some time reading this forum - http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=6d17799a80a78ec9fa306b836df96eb8&showforum=60

i took my son to college on the 9th june at about 8.30 am left within 2 mins of arriving 

went to pick up the wife from home butt lane 

went shopping at aldi in kidsgrove 8.50 -9.32 google maps tells me 

went to lidl only there 8 mins 

went to work at asda wolstanton arrived at 2.36 

arrived back home at 10.13 pm 

thursday 10 th june 

took the lad college at 10.02 

back home at 10.32

picked him up from college at 1.00 pm

then to work 

Ok, so you park in that Sainsbury's in Castle to drop him off and pick him up. 

Their claim is you entered at at 8am on June 8th and didn't leave until 10am on June 10th as far as I understand, is that right? For some reason the camera system didn't pick you up leaving on the 8th, nor arriving on the 10th.

What is their evidence?

All you need is to ask Asda for CCTV of the staff bit of the car park to prove you were in Wolstanton during the time period Euro car parks claim your car was parked outside Sainsbury's for two days without moving.

3 hours ago, captain scarlet said:

morning all 

got a parking fine from euro car parks this morning saying i had entered the sainsburys carpark at 08.28.27 on the 8/6/21 and departed at 10.17.56 on the 10/6/21 now both are true but in between i left after dropping off my son at college got home went to aldi to do my shopping with the wife in kidsgrove got home went to work at 3.00 pm -11.00pm drove to and from work at asda wolstanton got up on the 10th june took the lad to college dropped him and went home 

i have appealed this. any one else had a similar experience ? 

i will not be paying the fine thats for sure 

I had a similar experience at a motorway service station where they said id been there for 2 weeks! I appealed they rejected and I just asked them to take me to court and never heard anything since. This was around 5 years ago. 

I’m a member of the British Legion and have been involved with them for ten years selling poppies. The Poppy Appeal of 2019, I went to Wolstanton retail park to sell poppies at M&S. I was asked to cover the stall from 13.00-17.00. I’d had no problems the previous years and by the time I’d put all the stock away and handed it to staff at M&S for safekeeping I returned to my car and left the park at 17.15.

The week before the car parking had changed and I hadn’t seen the sign saying only four hours parking. My fault as I hadn’t seen the signs and I duly received a fine for over staying the car park by 15 mins. I thought that as I’d volunteered for what I consider an extremely good and worthy cause that I would get the fine over turned and that would be the end of the matter.

Having completed the excusal notice which was in digital form I waited and having got no reply I tried to phone them, no one answers the phone. Sure enough I received a reply saying that I had to pay the fine. I don’t believe that a human even looked at the reason that I given and it’s very black and white I exceeded the time limit, so pay up. I must admit I did feel aggrieved as my afternoon of volunteering had cost me £60.

4 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m a member of the British Legion and have been involved with them for ten years selling poppies. The Poppy Appeal of 2019, I went to Wolstanton retail park to sell poppies at M&S. I was asked to cover the stall from 13.00-17.00. I’d had no problems the previous years and by the time I’d put all the stock away and handed it to staff at M&S for safekeeping I returned to my car and left the park at 17.15.

The week before the car parking had changed and I hadn’t seen the sign saying only four hours parking. My fault as I hadn’t seen the signs and I duly received a fine for over staying the car park by 15 mins. I thought that as I’d volunteered for what I consider an extremely good and worthy cause that I would get the fine over turned and that would be the end of the matter.

Having completed the excusal notice which was in digital form I waited and having got no reply I tried to phone them, no one answers the phone. Sure enough I received a reply saying that I had to pay the fine. I don’t believe that a human even looked at the reason that I given and it’s very black and white I exceeded the time limit, so pay up. I must admit I did feel aggrieved as my afternoon of volunteering had cost me £60.

Shocking,as you were raising money for the brave souls who gave us all our freedom.Thank you for giving up your time for this worthy cause.

Certainly don’t hurry. I had a private parking charge once in Stockport when I lived there. They will send you a few letters, threatograms i call them. They will probably be from non existent bogus debt recovery firms and then solicitors all of which funnily enough have the same address and telephone number. Eventually they will give u up as a lost cause and you won’t hear from them again. These companies operate on the probably correct assumption that 3/4 of people will be scared and just pay up straight away. The ones that dig their heels in aren’t worth chasing. 

9 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Certainly don’t hurry. I had a private parking charge once in Stockport when I lived there. They will send you a few letters, threatograms i call them. They will probably be from non existent bogus debt recovery firms and then solicitors all of which funnily enough have the same address and telephone number. Eventually they will give u up as a lost cause and you won’t hear from them again. These companies operate on the probably correct assumption that 3/4 of people will be scared and just pay up straight away. The ones that dig their heels in aren’t worth chasing. 

Spot on there Fuzzyvalefan . 

Archived