onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Peculiar? Remind me how high we've finished for the last decade. I hate the way we treated one of our own. I've tried not to criticise Carol but (for the same reason). I can see through BS and DC is full of it.   Not peculiar, at all.
We all know people central to our club. It comes with the territory. If you've moved in football circles, you get information passed through. We always have - all my life. Some of it you ignore but when you hear the same stories from different mouths, you pay attention.
https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/profile/1392-doha/
You've written some weird rubbish in your time.

Another moron desperate for us to fail.

Would literally criticise anything that happens at Vale.

Pathetic.

Advert

28 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Doha, you've tied yourself up in knots.

So you'll be happy with 8th?

Time you moved on. Try to take some of your own advice.

Try holding off on the condescension for a mo and reading properly.

He's gone, he's not coming back, Carol intervened and stopped his inability to manage causing an irrecoverable disaster. Put your vindictive DC/DF vendetta to one side and let them actually sign their own squad first.

There are a small number of fans who might as well openly admit they don't want them to succeed it's that obvious in their tone. 

10 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Another moron desperate for us to fail.

Would literally criticise anything that happens at Vale.

Pathetic.

Moron? That's polite of you. That's the level of your argument, is it?

Pathetic? Take a look at yourself before judging anyone.

6 minutes ago, Doha said:

Try holding off on the condescension for a mo and reading properly.

He's gone, he's not coming back, Carol intervened and stopped his inability to manage causing an irrecoverable disaster. Put your vindictive DC/DF vendetta to one side and let them actually sign their own squad first.

There are a small number of fans who might as well openly admit they don't want them to succeed it's that obvious in their tone. 

Inability to manage? But we were in 7th and the form team and by your own standards, it is success.

Tie yourself in knots, mate. Just keep on digging.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Reliable evidence, excellent, I'll concede to that point then. I do not buy into Ron Cs insinuation though that poor old John was working on a shoestring while any success from DC can be explained by being given a blank cheque. 

I don't believe there is a blank cheque this season and have absolutely no idea what the budget is. Until the club says what the budget is it's impossible to say, although I'm sure he has a decent budget to work with there will certainly be some sides with more.

I'm relatively neutral on Clarke at the moment. The big thing he needs to do, for me, is to adequately replace the keeper along with the Conlon, Joyce, Oyeleke midfield. When the midfield 3 have played together we've looked a balanced top of the table side for 3 years under 3 managers. I'm sure letting Manny leave was the right call and once you are looking for a new balance in the engine room there was logic to letting Joyce go. I'm genuinely interested in seeing what midfield he puts together and how they work next season. If we get promotion great but it will take time to bed in so many players. What I do expect is playoff form over the last 30 games and a top 10 finish. 

Just now, Ron C said:

Inability to manage? But we were in 7th and the form team and by your own standards, it is success.

Tie yourself in knots, mate. Just keep on digging.

7th?

Remind me, what happened on Jan 2nd this year when Shankley/Ferguson/Clough all rolled into one was still in charge? That day we got battered 4-0 away after winning 1 in 12 and propped up out of the relegation zone by the truly diabolical Grimsby and Southend?

He was a poor, very limited manager, hence the absence of football league job offers in the 5 months he's been available. Dry your eyes mate. 

I'd like Vale to sign at least half a dozen good footballers at Lge 2 level including a couple of forwards who have a track record of scoring 10+ goals/season at Lge2 level or above. I couldn't care less how the recruitment is done, whether it involves stats or not, just get it done.

Vale have released at least 5 good, experienced  Lge 2 players and they need replacing and that number doesn't include Manny.

2 minutes ago, JRC said:

I don't believe there is a blank cheque this season and have absolutely no idea what the budget is. Until the club says what the budget is it's impossible to say, although I'm sure he has a decent budget to work with there will certainly be some sides with more.

I'm relatively neutral on Clarke at the moment. The big thing he needs to do, for me, is to adequately replace the keeper along with the Conlon, Joyce, Oyeleke midfield. When the midfield 3 have played together we've looked a balanced top of the table side for 3 years under 3 managers. I'm sure letting Manny leave was the right call and once you are looking for a new balance in the engine room there was logic to letting Joyce go. I'm genuinely interested in seeing what midfield he puts together and how they work next season. If we get promotion great but it will take time to bed in so many players. What I do expect is playoff form over the last 30 games and a top 10 finish. 

Agree. I'm really surprised Oyeleke has played so much (although went off injured today.) It would be just our luck that he plays 44 x 90 minutes for Chesterfield next season after managing 5 minutes every other month for us.

I do not think DC is a bullshltter. I think DF answers every single question like he's in a job interview but I saw and read enough of Clarke's set up last season to be confident in his ability. The players praise his man management at every turn in the media, they are not doing it at gunpoint. When we lost or drew games early in his tenure he did not blame them, he always put his hand up. When we won or drew playing well he would deflect Bowers praise towards the players. While I'm a bit perplexed at his unusually spiky relationship with journalists I think he's a good bloke players will want to run through brick walls for. 

There are more than a few inhabitants/diaspora of SOT who tend to have a real dislike of change to the point of self-detriment. 

If we have a mixed or bad start I can foresee the 'told you so' comments already. If we start at a canter there are people who will slink away or otherwise will find a way to be negative about the good run and our prospects. I honestly think Clarke can't win with a small number of Vale fans and the reasons for that exist solely in their own heads. 

9 minutes ago, Doha said:

7th?

Remind me, what happened on Jan 2nd this year when Shankley/Ferguson/Clough all rolled into one was still in charge? That day we got battered 4-0 away after winning 1 in 12 and propped up out of the relegation zone by the truly diabolical Grimsby and Southend?

He was a poor, very limited manager, hence the absence of football league job offers in the 5 months he's been available. Dry your eyes mate. 

You said inability to manage. Not me.  I'll remind you of that when he was already operating at a successful level as defined by the Diary of Doha. See if you can remember that.

Here's a rope go and make a noose for yourself after you've finished with your shovel. Deary me. You have no analytical plan for anything. No wonder you're taken in by any old BS.

Just now, Ron C said:

You said inability to manage. Not me.  I'll remind you of that when he was already operating at a successful level as defined by the Diary of Doha. See if you can remember that.

Here's a rope go and make a noose for yourself after you've finished with your shovel. Deary me. You have no analytical plan for anything. No wonder you're taken in by any old BS.

I did say that, yes, because it's true. His truly abysmal signings plus his poor game management got us into real trouble last year, his inability to manage meant he couldn't rescue the situation and fortunately Carol invested the money in a lifeboat in the form of Darrell Clarke, the bloke who doesn't save his game changing substitutions until the last three minutes. 

You want DC to fail not least because he isn't JA who you evidently have some sort of connection with as he's pretty much all you've ever posted about on here. 

Very strange. 

I really don't understand some of the negativity on here about our 2 signings.

Last week posters I see posters moaning and concerned we had not signed anyone,This week we sign 2 players, what looks like a squad player to develop and an upgrade on Joyce. 

We need to sign 5/6 squad players plus 6 1st team L2 ballers. So far we have 1 of each. Would you prefer it if the club do not announce any signings until they had secured THE 1st team players? The 1st teamers we are after will be on the shopping list of every club in this league with an ambition to get promotion. These players are going to have lots clubs to discuss terms to drive up the salary and will play out over the summer. Its going to take time. 

Sun clearly getting to some.....

1 minute ago, MBE said:

I really don't understand some of the negativity on here about our 2 signings.

Last week posters I see posters moaning and concerned we had not signed anyone,This week we sign 2 players, what looks like a squad player to develop and an upgrade on Joyce. 

We need to sign 5/6 squad players plus 6 1st team L2 ballers. So far we have 1 of each. Would you prefer it if the club do not announce any signings until they had secured THE 1st team players? The 1st teamers we are after will be on the shopping list of every club in this league with an ambition to get promotion. These players are going to have lots clubs to discuss terms to drive up the salary and will play out over the summer. Its going to take time. 

Sun clearly getting to some.....

Good points.

My criticism is why we are paying compensation for squad players. There are an awful lot of players out there desperate for security at the moment. He may turn out to be much better and I will be very happy,. With our finances, we can only have success by striking lucky with some unknown gems. Let's hope we get them.

He will have no excuse for not being successful given the time he's been given and the budget situation we've now got. He knows what he's got regarding both player and budget issues.

I’m not a football manager or coach but I trust DF and DC  these 2 players can be improved by coaching and that’s the trick with league 2 recruiting I think. In the age before social media we would of said good one and waited to judge them on performances not on some comments from fans who know as much about professional football as I do .

It’s painfully clear that a few posters have had their nose put out of joint because they know the Askeys or the surrounding families and had a nice link into what was going on at the vale.

Calling for a United club when their “in the know” ticket was there and then tearing it to shreds when he was quite rightly removed for poor performance shows the measure of the man.

This small town, everyone must be connected, mentality was NOT what was needed to heal the Vale on the pitch after the fat slug brought it to its knees. It’s need professionalising... no fitness tracking or Medicals... Jesus wept. 

Luckily, the Pro Askey, anti DC agenda is very easy to spot.

I know I’m an overly positive, glass half full guy when it comes to the vale, I have defended signings in the past which have made me look seriously daft... never in a “he’s definitely going to be brilliant” way ... but I always try and think about why someone was signed, and what the manager thought he could do.

I cannot for the life of me understand the mentality of just assuming someone is crap without knowing what role the manager has planned for him. Maybe Garrity has been brought in to be a spoiler in games, high energy, less importance on quality, use his engine, spoil and reset.... I have no idea. Neither does anyone here, so let’s wait and see.

I cannot for the life of me understand what drives someone to have such a level of dislike for a manager that they purposefully look for the most negative angle to look at everything they do. To me, It’s weird.

But crack on... must be a draining and anxiety inducing existence! 

Archived