onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Black dog, you’re going to have to educate me. What is the meaning of WUM’s.
Thank you
WUM

It is an acronym meaning Wind-Up Merchant.

It refers to someone who posts on message boards and newsgroups with the intention to cause as much disruption as possible by goading others.

Advert

WUM is wind up merchant otherwise known as someone who says something different from the shared mental model. If I was to say I'm glad Rodders is staying, there is something there, he's done alright with a few games under his belt. Unfortunate with injuries and stuff. That is WUM. Because the shared mental model is he's a lazy sick note who should be binned ASAP.

Ergo, I am a WUM.

24 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Reading between the lines of Flitcrofts comments about Rodney, are we to take it that he isn’t playing because of his situation and that the club are looking to sell him? Or is he injured? 

Puzzling. If he's injured why would clubs want to buy him at the moment? If not, why hasn't he been in and around our team e.g. on the bench for example? If non-injury problems, how would they be solved by moving - just location, or getting away from people within or outside the club?

We have never averaged 10,000 have we ?
Not since the early 60s, there was concern by the directors that gates of 12,000 were needed to build a promotion team. It makes me think when we are accused of no ambition, where is the money coming from. Steady and sure is the only way.

42 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

Puzzling. If he's injured why would clubs want to buy him at the moment? If not, why hasn't he been in and around our team e.g. on the bench for example? If non-injury problems, how would they be solved by moving - just location, or getting away from people within or outside the club?

I think it’s a bit of both our style of play dc does not rate him as high as expectations and don’t think he is happy here so think it’s in both interest to let him go 

I’m slightly worried about the squad continuity tbh… if Cass/Rodney leave… maybe Conlon for the right deal, we’ve seen a fairly big coming/going off players…

Our recent form, has to have something to do with a) not playing for a month and b) continuity of the same starting 11

To have so many players coming and going mid season… and to bring in very young players who are not used to that type of change cycle, is a slight worry for me….

I just hope it all comes back good, because we are miles away from where we were at the end of November

Archived