Players released from other clubs

9 hours ago, 1 said:

Tshimanga would be fantastic, and I don't usually like taking players from national to pro. The gap is getting smaller though, which is why so many teams fall into oblivion after dropping.

The top half of the national league is on a par with the bottom half of league 2. I think the gap to league 1 is probably wider. Very few clubs come up and straight back down and they tend to keep the core of the squad. Most players are professional in the national league, so for me there isn't a distinction between the national league and being professional.  That said I've no idea if Tshimanga is the right player for us as I've only seen a youtube clip. His age and goals per games stats at that level are on a par with Rodney, who has been better all season than the 3 football league experienced pros on our books. If we've done our homework and sign him that's fine. I'm sure he will get a place at a league 1 or 2 side next year.

Advert:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On a different slant it is good to see referee Graham Salisbury has retired. Now hopefully Trevor Kettle will do likewise.

Flitters the absolute mad man has already done it. Hero.  

I'd love to hijack some contract renewal negotiations at Crewe. Don't even want the players, just pressure the tramp in having to concede higher wages because Flitters sent Wintle and Porter's agents

Posted Images

Chris Stokes released from FGR. Wouldn't surprise me if we had a look at him. (Will have to change his name though)

They've offered Aaron Collins a new contract as well. Wouldnt mind trying to pinch him.

1 minute ago, Mellor! said:

Chris Stokes released from FGR. Wouldn't surprise me if we had a look at him. (Will have to change his name though)

They've offered Aaron Collins a new contract as well. Wouldnt mind trying to pinch him.

Never did Dean any harm 🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

I thought Stokes was older than that - he only turned 30 in March, but I thought he was about 33+!

Really decent L2 left back. Great delivery on him too. I'd be happy for him to be one of the 2 LB's we'll sign.

I work in an office above 

29 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Never did Dean any harm 🙂

I'm based in an office above a school and often used to hear a specific teacher really screaming at the kids. Turns out, it was Dean! He's still got the teeth.

Just checked his wiki page and it seems like one of the pupils may not like him much.

As of December 2011, Stokes works at Abraham Moss High School as a P.E teacher and Giving Head Master.

There's a video featuring him here too.

• Haha 1

Advert:

L1 Sunderland

Callum McFadzean
Chris Maguire
Conor McLaughlin
Grant Leadbitter
Josh Scowen
Max Power
Remi Matthews

39 minutes ago, Doha said:

L1 Sunderland

Callum McFadzean
Chris Maguire
Conor McLaughlin
Grant Leadbitter
Josh Scowen
Max Power
Remi Matthews

Matthews a possible . Think wages prohibit most of the others .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

James Vaughan retired despite having a year left on his contract!

Bit of a shock that and a loss to lower league football.

I suspect it’s to do with his injury and the ability to get an insurance payout on it.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Bit of a shock that and a loss to lower league football.

I suspect it’s to do with his injury and the ability to get an insurance payout on it.

Agreed - may well pitch up in the Conference for some moneybags team, as I don’t think that prevents the insurance payout triggering

Edited by Bald Eagle

Advert: