Who ya got?

A) getting in

B) winning it based on which order they finish?

Tranmere

Morecombe

FGR

Newport

leading to Tranmere FGR final. Tranmere winning it. I think they’ve been the best team of those 4 and it would be better for us, as that’s a harder fixture than any of the others next season.

Advert:

FGR are on the crest of a slump at the moment - only one win in the last 10 games.  Sadly I think Salford will get in the top seven.

9 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

FGR are on the crest of a slump at the moment - only one win in the last 10 games.  Sadly I think Salford will get in the top seven.

FGR  next game Tranmere at home

Morecambe have got (on paper) the easiest fixtures left, so can see them holding on to 4th, with Tranmere 5th, Salford nicking 6th and Newport limping into 7th.

Got a horrible feeling Salford are going to do it, which would lead to unbearable levels of smugness, but at least gets the whole circus away from us next year (and figures crossed they'd get spanked in L1)

• Like 1

Advert:

We need Salford gone they haven't got enough home fans to even half fill our away end so the away following is poor. Plus they are distorting the league with stupid money and we might pick up another little gem like Dave when they have their annual clear out

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

I don’t want to lose nearby(ish) away trips so I wouldn’t want to lose Tranmere or Morecambe

You won’t lose Morecambe. 

Don’t get the Salford project at all. Are they aiming for a Championship club with 1000 fans? Makes no sense and has no long term viability other than as a hobby for the obscenely rich.

• Like 1

Advert:

4 hours ago, 1 said:

Don’t get the Salford project at all. Are they aiming for a Championship club with 1000 fans? Makes no sense and has no long term viability other than as a hobby for the obscenely 

And a mecano built stadium!Those aluminium steps are dangerous when wet!Kidsgrove Athletic have a better stadium!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well we've ended up with a Morecambe v Newport final and congratulations to both teams on reaching Wembley.

Derek Adams has done a magnificent job at Morecambe,who were one of the favourites to go down and I can't wait to see Kevin Ellison up against his old club again. 

• Like 1

I'm just jealous and bitter as anything that either Morecambe or Newport will be in L1 next season - a league above us.

Both clubs are overachieving non-league clubs, sheds of a ground and about 2,000 fans each.

I hate it. It's horrible. Years and year of mismanagement and neglect has meant these types of clubs have progressed enough to leapfrog us.

Very happy we have C&K now and we're on the right track, but falling so far behind clubs like these really kills me.

12 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I'm just jealous and bitter as anything that either Morecambe or Newport will be in L1 next season - a league above us.

Both clubs are overachieving non-league clubs, sheds of a ground and about 2,000 fans each.

I hate it. It's horrible. Years and year of mismanagement and neglect has meant these types of clubs have progressed enough to leapfrog us.

Very happy we have C&K now and we're on the right track, but falling so far behind clubs like these really kills me.

I know it hurts but I also have to agree with what Leeds United had on their shirts 'Earn It'.

• Like 2

Cracking game last night.  That is what the playoffs are all about.

To be fair, all the playoff games have been decent.  The second legs were all brilliant.

It's horrible losing in them but it's a great format.

• Like 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

It's not just us though. Look at the National League and it looks like the old division 4 there are so many ex-league teams in it, teams with proper history, proper fans and proper stadiums. And just the reverse in L2 with so many former non-league sides with nothing to recommend them apart from their rich owners. We just have to get out of L2 to where we properly belong - but we have to earn it.

Hopefully with Carol and Co, it will be the start of a long upward journey and the good times will be back 🙂👍.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, For Us All said:

Well we've ended up with a Morecambe v Newport final and congratulations to both teams on reaching Wembley.

Derek Adams has done a magnificent job at Morecambe,who were one of the favourites to go down and I can't wait to see Kevin Ellison up against his old club again. 

I watched the Morecambe Tranmere game and for the life of me I can't work out what Morecambe do and how they get the success they get, it seems they go for a spoiling game and very defensive approach, Adams was vaunted as a manager for us and I wonder what Vale fans would think of his approach, they wouldn't moan about the play off final obviously but the style of play would raise a few eye brows I'm sure.

• Like 4

On 28/04/2021 at 18:08, 1 said:

Who ya got?

A) getting in

B) winning it based on which order they finish?

Tranmere

Morecombe

FGR

Newport

leading to Tranmere FGR final. Tranmere winning it. I think they’ve been the best team of those 4 and it would be better for us, as that’s a harder fixture than any of the others next season.

told you

• Like 1