Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Advert:

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Can I please make a couple of comments: 1. Please KEEP ON TOPIC. This is about a football match. I am now going to plough through and remove all posts not to do with the game (happy

Nice to see you are starting early Should we play poorly or lose then no doubt we will hear a lot from you today again..... play well or win we will see you Tuesday. For goodness sake Askey

Pope back by the end of March, apparently he’s running now which is a bonus, he couldn’t run before his injury.😃

Posted Images

Well lets see how it goes,be positive let's not judge before we have seen .

Come on Millsy play a blinder 

UTV, not a bad bench very attack minded .

If Gibbons is only half fit then it is the only thing the manager could do 

• Like 2

Just now, darren1810 said:

Oh my god Mills.

Now surely if Gibbo isn't fit he's not risked on the bench.

What is that all about !!!!!! 

Pugh explained it didn’t he? Gibbos had 2 full 90 mins after so long out. He looked tired in the last game so better to do that than risk us losing him again. 

Advert:

2 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I'd take young RCG or even a retired Adam Yates over Mills.

put Smith at right back and Brisley at centre 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d have gone Smith RB and Brisley in rather than that.

Jesus Christ.

All the positivity sucked away just like that there.

Surely it can’t be 3-5-2 with Mills wing back? Got to be 4-3-3 with Rodney and Monty with Guthrie?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rayzer said:

Robinson on the bench. I thought he was de-registered, or have I missed something?

Was initially, but re-registered in place of Visser once he did not move on in the transfer window

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

Pugh explained it didn’t he? Gibbos had 2 full 90 mins after so long out. He looked tired in the last game so better to do that than risk us losing him again. 

I haven't heard Pugh. Let me play devils advocate. Mills injured after 10 minutes, what then ? 

Shouldn't be on bench if not fit.

Mills is the worst right back I've seen in a Vale shirt , bear in mind I've seen Wayne Ebanks and Kevin Steggles that tells you everything

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Why put him on the bench if he needs a rest? Dosent make sense and is a waste of a sub. 

• Like 1

Advert:

3 minutes ago, rayzer said:

Robinson on the bench. I thought he was de-registered, or have I missed something?

Was initially, but re-registered in place of Visser once he did not move on in the transfer window

3 minutes ago, osprey said:

put Smith at right back and Brisley at centre 

Didn't see Brisley on the bench there. Least we've got that option which will likely happen after half time.  

Edited by boslemportvale91

10 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Mills starting. Christ 

First player that needs to be on the released list end of the season. Dreadful player 

We will see how good of a coach Clarke is. 😀

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Why put him on the bench if he needs a rest? Dosent make sense and is a waste of a sub. 

Case of easing his workload after injury, but could still be used perhaps last 20minutes or so

• Like 1

Advert:

9 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I haven't heard Pugh. Let me play devils advocate. Mills injured after 10 minutes, what then ? 

Shouldn't be on bench if not fit.

Mills is the worst right back I've seen in a Vale shirt , bear in mind I've seen Wayne Ebanks and Kevin Steggles that tells you everything

Sorry mate assumed you had radio stoke on. It’s true that Mills could get injured or sent off, that’s the risk you run, but as much as I’d prefer a half fit Gibbo over mIlls I don’t think we should risk our better players who are coming back from long injury. It would be madness to play him for 90 mins in 3 consecutive games in 7 days after his lay off. They should be managed better and it’s happened too often in recent memory where the club haven’t looked after players. Listening to Clarke’s interviews this week he’s already said he intends to look at the pattern of injuries and thats the right thing to do IMO. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 4

Feel this is gonna be another Stevenage game. 9 men behind the ball and hoof it over the top for Rodney to try and get in behind. Depending on how we set up we look a bit unbalanced, we have no width on the right side as Mills barely gets past the halfway line or just passes backwards and Montanos the opposite on the left. We will be tough to break down but not pretty watch. Hopefully we get a bit of luck today.