onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Am a minimal contributor as like to have a balanced opinion.....but...
1. Pedestrian, risk averse, lacking confidence , lack of creation and initiave/ leadership.
2. Joyce worst offender re above.
3. Defence are disjointed, nervy, inviting pressure, and lacking any quality whatsoever. Mills, Crookes and Whitehurst should be nowhere near this side.
4. Southend and Grimsby flattered beyond reality.
5. Is it too much to ask for Ifollow/EFL to instruct BBC broadcasters that people all over the world are not paying to listen to avTranmere superfan interrupting and contradicting an even-handed BBC reporter to push his own opinions beyond challenge. We can all do that if so employed. But not pleasant listening for relatively moderate fans.

Anyway, team is crying out for a STRONG new manager ASAP to get rid of some and bang a few heads of others.

Very poor performance all round with the exception of Brown. 2nd best all over the pitch. To me a lot them players are going through the motions .When will the players wake up and realise we are playing for survival and need a bit of fight?

Don't see much fight from them at all - we just accept our fate.

3 very very poor goals to give away... At least we know Crookes can't play CB either.

New manager need ASAP!!!!

Another bad day at the office, but we wont be going down with Grimsby and Southend at the bottom. I doubt we will finish any higher than 16th though and that is a serious regression after last season. Bringing a new manager in wont change much either, as he has little to work with, especially at the back.

Hope this puts to bed any ideas of Pugh like people have been suggesting. Every game under him has been abysmal apart from when we played two non league sides. Forest Green we were rubbish but bailed out by Rodney brilliance. And I’m not having a go at him. He’s caretaker, he’s doing his best.

Was always going to be tough today, but what’s disappointing is we didn’t compete at all. It was an easy game for them. Think we had one shot on target all game. And they wouldn’t have had an easier time playing against our defenders nans they were that bad.

Our defence is absolutely shambolic. Mills worse than Lawrie Wilson which I didn’t think was possible. I said give Crookes a chance to play his natural position. Turns out he’s sh*te. Bin him off. We need someone to dominate in the defence again, whether that’s Legge or the new bloke I don’t care.

No one comes out of today with any credit besides Brown, and I think Hurst did alright when he came in and was involved in a lot of our play. Everyone else was either not involved or dreadful.

This proves how much we need an experienced manager in to sort things who knows what he’s doing. I’m in no rush for it. If it takes Carol another two weeks then fine, the seasons over anyway, I’d rather them not rush and get it right. But get a proper manager in. Sick of being a joke of a team, it’s depressing.

1 minute ago, MBE said:

Very poor performance all round with the exception of Brown. 2nd best all over the pitch. To me a lot them players are going through the motions .When will the players wake up and realise we are playing for survival and need a bit of fight?

Don't see much fight from them at all - we just accept our fate.

3 very very poor goals to give away... At least we know Crookes can't play CB either.

New manager need ASAP!!!!

It's alright. We beat Southend and Grimsby. Super Danny with all of his experience and tactical nous will do the business until the end of the season.

Awful.

Mills and Crookes are poor, not league 2 standard. Legge is unregistered in the stands I think? Madness, thought Smith actually didnt to bad today and was let down by the 2 former. Brown is just oright, can't remember the last one on one where I thought he would come out on top - saying that, he's a decent shot stopper.

Montano good effort, bit of quality. 

Worrall setup the goal, was willing if not a bit erratic, don't really ever get taking off out biggest assist and most willing runner for Alex Hurst, who for me, should not be the go to at all. Didnt really offer much when he came on and just showed his inexperience.

Joyce poor, backwards passing, Taylor oright but died in the second half, Conlon again lot's of trying but not much help around him. Rodney looked devoid of space on that wing, and had a terrible touch all game - but I tend to give Worrall and Rodney passes for the season in general, even though they were both pretty poor today.

Guthrie, not the answer. Swann looked semi decent but whoever is in charge next week, play two up top and don't include Guthrie. The chasm between Vaughan and Guthrie was huge and he should be used as a sub to 'throw a bit of size on' akin to Pope.

All in all, a waste of a tenner. Another tenner I might add.

Hopefully a management change will see us in mid table mediocraty with the shipping out of some of the deadwood that Askey brought in - Fitzpatrick, Oyeleke (love ya but your never there), Whitehead, Robinson, Mills, Crookes, Amoo - and if Legge is still in bad form after his 3 questionable games, Legge also.

Frank goes back to the youth squad, Pugh back to the coaching staff and a half decent manager please who has some transfer window nouse.

Beaten by a much better organised, better managed side. We are a poor, poor side aided and abetted by poor management. We had no idea how to defend and, despite huffing and puffing, very little going forward.

How many dozens on this site commented on the starting line up? We could all see it - a defence as porous as a colander and, yet, even as we ship goals the management does NOTHING about it. Can anyone explain this?

If Legge is not going to be played - for contractual reasons it seems - he should be nowhere the match day squad.  What's the point of having him on the bench if the manager doesn't intend to play him? 

Shambolic. We need a new experienced manager from outside the club to shake this lot to their foundations. And to plan for next season with a complete clear out.

Same old mistakes inability of certain players, same managerial tactics. Not surprised Guthrie released by Bradford. The managerial current circumstances enhancing the problems within the club. The rot needs to stop now not at the end of the season. Totally frustrating and tiresome.

Archived