• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Oatcakes !!

Davo666

Advert:

11 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

We quite like Locjetts again from Normacot. I’m sure I heard on RS that some geezer has been caning it in since the virus started by selling the oatcake mix dried. I don’t have the name of him or the product

Hole in the wall oatcakes supply the powder mix to do your own,actually were doing it before the other guy(i think he is staffs oatcake company),we also post out all over the country now oatcakes and the dry mixes in packets

Advert:

1 hour ago, falmouthssoberist said:

https://thestaffordshireoatcakecompany.co.uk

I had 2 packs from these guys sent to me last week, made my own,  awesome but more expensive than buying ready made admittedly but there are no Oatcake shops on cornwall sadly

You've got plenty of fish to make up for your oatcakes. Get on that St Mawes ferry and see what you can catch! :classic_wink:

You've also got a fabulous pub, Pennycomequick, in the square, where the lads who run it do amazing food and are great guys.

Failing that get some from High Lane. I buy them regularly from there and as far as I am aware they haven't changed the recipe and are still the best for miles around but everyone has their own opinions and tastes.

Hamil Road are not bad either.

2 hours ago, falmouthssoberist said:

I had 2 packs from these guys sent to me last week, made my own,  awesome but more expensive than buying ready made admittedly but there are no Oatcake shops on cornwall sadly

Everything is going online with Covid, postage is the big cost for fresh oatcakes. But worth it as a treat. I enjoy those at  staffordshireoatcakes based in Broad St Hanley. Thickness, shape, and taste.

Advert:

We live in the Highlands, so getting hold of oatcakes is problematic and they don't do well after being frozen

However, wife number 2, 'She-who-Wiggles', has mastered the art of making them. Indeed she says it's not that difficult

Wife number 4, 'Scrubs-up-Well' also likes to make them, we haven't the heart to tell her, but her's are always a bit too thick

Good oatcakes have to be just so

When in the Potteries I get mine from the oatcake shop on Kings Street, Fenton

Points-with-Bone

8 hours ago, falmouthssoberist said:

Wel if you promise not to send us any Ivor Dewdney’s, we won’t send you any N Staffs or Poveys

27 minutes ago, falmouthssoberist said:

Seems like a deal to me,try to pick up aunty's Sarah's (i think) whenever I come up for a visit 

I used to be based at HMS Seahawk (RNAS Culdrose) in the 80’s and played local football on a Saturday afternoon. After every game it would be alcohol which I was happy with but Ivor Dewdneys, please.

Advert:

7 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I am sure i read that they promised not to change or mess with the recipe?

We still get, I usually get 2 doz. And freeze in two's, it then easy to take a couple out at a time, don't think there's any difference, but think there they're made on site now but at poveys factory in Biddulph 

Don't go high lane or smallthorne as there awful. The one on hamil Road are really nice, there's one in sneyd green towards the top of Milton Road thats nice too. Ive not been the one opposite forest Park oatcake shop for a few years but last time I went they were decent. 

5 hours ago, points-with-bone said:

We live in the Highlands, so getting hold of oatcakes is problematic and they don't do well after being frozen

However, wife number 2, 'She-who-Wiggles', has mastered the art of making them. Indeed she says it's not that difficult

Wife number 4, 'Scrubs-up-Well' also likes to make them, we haven't the heart to tell her, but her's are always a bit too thick

Good oatcakes have to be just so

When in the Potteries I get mine from the oatcake shop on Kings Street, Fenton

Points-with-Bone

Blimey PwB how many wives? You musk like wedding cake 

Archived