31 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

The success of a “cheap option” will only come to fruition if the new manager has impart the ability to manage staff which will require a strong no nonsense impartial character. Has DP got that ? 

So are you implying this only applies if we appoint a "cheap option"?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

6 hours ago, rider1308 said:

The success of a “cheap option” will only come to fruition if the new manager has impart the ability to manage staff which will require a strong no nonsense impartial character. Has DP got that ? 

I thought he came across well in his pre match interview and he was a bit more upbeat than Askey but to answer your question only the players will know that i guess

Nothing against Danny but I want someone whether they’re experienced or not with no affiliation to the club. Who can come in with a fresh set of eyes and make some changes. Derek adams is still my choice but I’m not against someone having they’re first job. It’s working very well for other clubs and they will have new ideas especially compared to some of the older managers mentioned. I do want someone who focuses on youth, whether it be through our system or signing players released by prem sides and plays some decent football. 

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Nothing against Danny but I want someone whether they’re experienced or not with no affiliation to the club. Who can come in with a fresh set of eyes and make some changes. Derek adams is still my choice but I’m not against someone having they’re first job. It’s working very well for other clubs and they will have new ideas especially compared to some of the older managers mentioned. I do want someone who focuses on youth, whether it be through our system or signing players released by prem sides and plays some decent football. 

Sadly over the last several years we have always gone down that route of promoting from within(apart from Askey but him as a youth and his day being vale and Bruno) and i dont see this being any different tbh,i have no idea why unless we trust people more who have been around the players and know the set up

Just been reading Popes piece in the sentinel today and from that it seems like the players want Pugh(i do know he is liked by all at the club,not sure if thats a good thing or not)

Advert:

Sadly over the last several years we have always gone down that route of promoting from within(apart from Askey but him as a youth and his day being vale and Bruno) and i dont see this being any different tbh,i have no idea why unless we trust people more who have been around the players and know the set up

Aspin was an outside appointment.

12 hours ago, osprey said:

Why would he ?

He’s a deity in Accrington

He's an assistant. Might want a go at being the main man.

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Yes but he has been associated with the club,i think the post i was replying to was wanting no association with the club at all

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Nightwish said:

Too true that JA was hounded out.

Yes, the abuse at the last home game was awful. The boos made me sick to my stomach.

It is the fans fault.

Edited by Joe B
  • Haha 3

Surely we want the best man for the job regardless of an affiliation to the club either past or present.

Would you say no to Dean Smith or Gareth Ainsworth because they have played for us in the past? (I know neither would even consider the position currently)

Advert:

1 minute ago, wotsyobeef said:

Surely we want the best man for the job regardless of an affiliation to the club either past or present.

Would you say no to Dean Smith or Gareth Ainsworth because they have played for us in the past? (I know neither would even consider the position currently)

I agree tbf

When all said and done i will back Carols choice whoever it is,i dont expect that to be my choice but it isn't my money on the line,if she is going for a young fresh approach(which i think she will) then that could be exciting as long as it doesn't turn out like Brown of course 🙂 how the game is going it seems to be the younger new coaches who are doing well,maybe with modern ideas

12 hours ago, Nightwish said:

Too true that JA was hounded out.

How was he hounded out ?

There are no crowds booing or a toxic atmosphere , sadly for John results dictated his fate. 

Yes there has been unrest on social media and the radio but he has not been hounded out , certainly not by supporters anyway 

• Like 1

If you read between the lines of that article it becomes even clearer that Askey was shafted and it looks like Pope was involved.

I don’t think you need to read between the lines.Whatever a coincidence JA has gone ,players are returning and Pope wants to play and score goals for Danny Pugh.****house(s).
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

I said at the time. Had we appointed the Eastleigh or Boreham wood manager then this place would of self imploded. Aspo simply had no right to be in the frame, his Gateshead team were ambling around in mid table. 

He was only appointed to placate the fans and rally the troops based on his Vale playing career 

Was an awful lazy appointment by you know who. 

• Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, valesince83 said:

Somebody mentioned Gary Johnson at torquay, I've always liked him, and decent record and pedigree

Good manager, wouldn't relocate though for Vale

40 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

If you read between the lines of that article it becomes even clearer that Askey was shafted and it looks like Pope was involved.

JA was thrown under the bus. In all fairness to Tom, Askey has wanted to get himout of the door since becoming manager, they don't get on, JA did not like his influence, he ctiticised Tom's fitness and lifestyle and dropped him on numerous occasions. JA should possibly have shown Tom some respect, he was always on a loser with Tom and fans of Tom, like me.