onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Has anyone watched Askey’s post match interview on YouTube? The bloke looks defeated. Come on John, do the right thing and walk. 

1 win in 11.

Unrest behind the scenes. 

80% of the fan base against the management. 

There is no way back for him. Thank you for steadying the ship initially, but we have now reverted back to the laughing stock you inherited. 

8 points off relegation.

Key players missing for another 2/3 weeks. 

Bradford, Mansfield and Grimsby in the next 3. Can anyone honestly see us winning one of them? I certainly can’t. If we don’t pick up at least 4 points, we will be facing a relegation battle. 

I presume Askey will keep his job, which obviously means Carol is going to give him the January window. Another window of utter sh*t being bought into the club. 

Mills, Whitehead and Robinson are easily three of the worst footballers I’ve seen in a long, long time. They just about sum up the p*ss poor recruitment.

Time to go John, before it’s ultimately too late. 

Advert

41 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Writing a post about how you are unhappy with Carols actions over Askey, saying she has no ambition and then stating that you stand by that statement means you can’t claim to be in NO WAY anti Carol... that’s 3 ways you have been. 2 if you don’t include this post which was a direct response.

Why is he still in a job - I don’t know but my guess = Cash is tight, Carol overpaid for the club to save it. She has built a successful business based on trusting people and helping them work through problems. She might think that  the chances of finding a new manager that will get us promoted is slim to none, so this season is a write off. She will have a line in her mind when the risk of relegation becomes more real... maybe she is not there yet.

Based on his performance last year, she probably believes that he has earned the right to try and turn it around with a January window. Is that right I don’t think so personally.

Why isn’t she communicating - I don’t know, maybe she is deliberating on a difficult decision and wants to afford those involved a bit of respect.

But to address the original point... To claim she has no ambition is stupid.

Also none of those 4 points points are about her ambition, just her approach to dealing with a set back.

If you were to question her approach to this problem, calmly, I couldnt argue.

But you clearly posted 2 “Carol isn’t doing what I want” posts during the game... you questioned her ambition as if to say she doesn’t give a sh*t about the vale and is happy for us to fail... which is stupid. You got called out and kicked off to the post  of calling me a pr*ck which was very naughty.

I 100% am no way anti carol after everything she has done for the club how can you be anti carol but that doesnt mean you hve to agree with everything she does or every decision she makes. And the questioning ambition is down to the fact anybody with ambition wouldnt find this acceptable and carol was the one saying at the start of the season was we wont finish  8th again  saying that statement and backing askey with how we are doing at the moment is a big contradiction and that is why am questioning her ambition that does in no way saying im anti carol or trying to turn people on carol. And have at no point said that carol doesnt give a <ovf censored> you are putting words in my mouth by saying that.

also you have also said many names about me so me saying that is just giving it you back.

i just personally feel weneed clarity on the situation and as a fan herself carol would understand that is what we all want as fans. But we have heard nothing but rumours why not come out a make it crystal clear askey isnt going nowhere im sure that would help the players aswell as the players played today like they were playing for a manager that was on borrowed time and looked dis interested

10 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I 100% am no way anti carol after everything she has done for the club how can you be anti carol but that doesnt mean you hve to agree with everything she does or every decision she makes. And the questioning ambition is down to the fact anybody with ambition wouldnt find this acceptable and carol was the one saying at the start of the season was we wont finish  8th again  saying that statement and backing askey with how we are doing at the moment is a big contradiction and that is why am questioning her ambition that does in no way saying im anti carol or trying to turn people on carol. And have at no point said that carol doesnt give a <ovf censored> you are putting words in my mouth by saying that.

also you have also said many names about me so me saying that is just giving it you back.

i just personally feel we personally need clarity on the situation and as a fan herself carol would understand that is what we all want as fans. But we have heard nothing but rumours why not come out a make it crystal clear askey isnt going nowhere im sure that would help the players aswell as the players played today like they were playing for a manager that was on borrowed time and looked dis interested

Again... I’m sure Carol doesn’t find this acceptable. She has huge ambitions for this club. Saying different is wrong.

She is not sat there saying “this is fine by me”... I’m sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes one way or another, including talking to the players (I’m sure they don’t need her to make a statement).

She just had a different way of dealing with it than you want. Which makes you frustrated. Which is perfectly ok. Lots of people question the manager, say they want him out and even question why Carol is doing things a certain way. 

However, You get overly emotional and angry during games that don’t go well. It has in the past (one post every 3 mins repeating the same thing) ruined thread after thread. And today you said she had no ambition... again... madness.

You feel like you have a divine right to complain and sl@g off people at the club, but when I have pointed it out and disagree with you you have lost it and taken your insults to another level.

You lost control today because I kept pointing out you spelt “you’re” wrong... which I only did because you were having a go at me... that and it was funny. 

If you want to be the person that gives it the big un, be all shouty and have a go at the owner, be prepared for it to be called out.

Another way fo saying it... If you can’t take it don’t give it out.

41 minutes ago, blackdog said:

It comes to something when Legge who was dropped, is shouting instructions and organising the side from the touch line, it does make you wonder ?

He ain't happy with Askey at all I don't think.

Training ground square ups etc.

It's well known Pope doesn't see eye to eye with him either.

Even if you don't get on with them, you need be able keep the bigger dressing room voices onside. 

17 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Again... I’m sure Carol doesn’t find this acceptable. She has huge ambitions for this club. Saying different is wrong.

She is not sat there saying “this is fine by me”... I’m sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes one way or another, including talking to the players (I’m sure they don’t need her to make a statement).

She just had a different way of dealing with it than you want. Which makes you frustrated. Which is perfectly ok. Lots of people question the manager, say they want him out and even question why Carol is doing things a certain way. 

However, You get overly emotional and angry during games that don’t go well. It has in the past (one post every 3 mins repeating the same thing) ruined thread after thread. And today you said she had no ambition... again... madness.

You feel like you have a divine right to complain and sl@g off people at the club, but when I have pointed it out and disagree with you you have lost it and taken your insults to another level.

You lost control today because I kept pointing out you spelt “you’re” wrong... which I only did because you were having a go at me... that and it was funny. 

If you want to be the person that gives it the big un, be all shouty and have a go at the owner, be prepared for it to be called out.

Another way fo saying it... If you can’t take it don’t give it out.

Who are you to tell me im getting over emotional i can react however i like to certain things again i never said that she has no ambition i said i was starting to question her ambition again your putting words in my mouth. I mean youve been slating me for weeks about calling for askey being sacked and so have a lot of other people but slowly more and more people have began to open their eyes and see whats going on. After the tranmere game i was calling for his head and you were all calling me mental and look how thats turned out. 

and your literally a hypercrite you were calling me names way before i was calling you them so I think youll find is was you acting the big un so if you cant take it dont hand it out 

how have I ruined threads im sure there are people that agree with what i say and those like yourself that dont but thats what a thread is for us all saying what we think about a game and give our opinions. If you dont like mine leave me too it dont see why you feel like u have call me out all the time. 

9 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I have already addressed this.  We need to shift players on or pay them up if we want to get rid.  If you want to step in and pay them up 👍,  otherwise we need to avoid hanging them out to dry.

How can we hang them out to dry.

What little football they have played, they have been garbage. They dont deserve a place in the 11.

Only hope is to get rid at as little cost to us as possible.

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Who are you to tell me im getting over emotional i can react however i like to certain things again i never said that she has no ambition i said i was starting to question her ambition again your putting words in my mouth. I mean youve been slating me for weeks about calling for askey being sacked and so have a lot of other people but slowly more and more people have began to open their eyes and see whats going on. After the tranmere game i was calling for his head and you were all calling me mental and look how thats turned out. 

and your literally a hypercrite you were calling me names way before i was calling you them so I think youll find is was you acting the big un so if you cant take it dont hand it out 

how have I ruined threads im sure there are people that agree with what i say and those like yourself that dont but thats what a thread is for us all saying what we think about a game and give our opinions. If you dont like mine leave me too it dont see why you feel like u have call me out all the time. 

Also how have i slagged carol off literally making up im doing things ? If you had it your way the whole thread would be a how amazing carol is and that askey is doing an amazing job appreciation thread 

51 minutes ago, blackdog said:

It comes to something when Legge who was dropped, is shouting instructions and organising the side from the touch line, it does make you wonder if the right decision for today.

Quigley is a handfull and he hit both Smith and  Crookes in first few minutes and he bossed them from then on. Did suggest at halftime Legge for Mills and move Smith to fullback.

The whole back four today were shocking. Defensively terrible and as for trying to start a move from the back, they looked as if they did not know what to do with a ball.

16 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Who are you to tell me im getting over emotional i can react however i like to certain things

Agreed... and I can react to your reactions. Yet again, why do you get to sl@g people off but no one is allowed to criticise your posts? What makes you so special?

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

Agreed... and I can react to your reactions. Yet again, why do you get to sl@g people off but no one is allowed to criticise your posts? What makes you so special?

I dont post about your posts i post about the game what the thread is about 

Archived