Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

I remember Askey saying he wants wet pitches so we can zip it around so lets see what happens today.I am desperate for a win today to try and give us some momentum,lose today then wow

Wasn't their striker Johnson linked with us when he was at Gateshead and Aspin was in charge here,seems to have hit form with Orient,Wright is also a tricky player for them,this wont be easy. They also have a 6'5 centre half so i hope we dont long ball it to a small striker again

They've two massive centre halves, and the younger one (Happe) has awful body positioning so can be spun quite easily.

Therefore, Vale will play hoofball to Mark Cullen.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stop turning on each other with abuse its ridiculous.  Disagree by all means . We are all sick to death of what's going on but abusing others is crackers   

But everyone was delighted that all the players we had last season re-signed.  Folk were orgasmic when Smith re-signed.  Yet now they're rubbish, too old, etc.  Some re-writing of history going on on

I know it’s sacrilege to suggest it but does anyone else think Scott Brown has fallen below his usual extremely high standards recently?

Posted Images

11 hours ago, rider1308 said:

G8 reading folks keep it coming, all those would be managers amongst you giving their team, player, formation sections. Would love to see how really good you are sat in the dug out on a match day running the gaf !!!!! Ps  I’d deffo pay the entrance fee for that one !!!!! 😂

You sound really, really intelligent.

Edited by Joe B

Brown 

Clarke smith legge fitz 

conlon joyce burgess 

amoo pope worrall

if we start with that we might have a chance. I would love askey prove me wront and go on a big run of good results but i just dont see it. Feels like make or break for him today and personally i can see us losing. I think the result actuallt isnt important it is the performance we have shocking, lack luster , no creativity for weeks so if we scrape a scrappy 1;0 win i dont think that would mask over the cracks-

+iron curtain im going to do a few posts during the game is that okay with you babe ?

Hoping for a win today but the most important issue for me is how the players perform. If we get a half hearted, couldn't care less performance then it will simply confirm my worries that Askey can no longer motivate the team and, if the players won't play for him, then it's curtains because in that situation you can never win confidence back. On the other hand, if the players give it everything, 100% for ninety minutes, the picture will look very different. 

Results are one thing - and it would be good to get a win - but if the manager's lost the players I don't think there's any point him staying on.

Big game, then - so here's hoping for a win but, more importantly, a great performance to put those doubts behind us.

UTV.

Edited by CambridgeDon

Advert:

Same system again just chopping and changing the centre forward for every match. Think we are in for a long afternoon. Still not convinced on Rodney, I'm hoping he can prove me wrong today. Good to see Joyce back and Oyeleke pushed forward. Must win imo. 

Advert:

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Mckirdy straight out of the squad as well. Seriously what was the point in signing him. Gone from starting to not even in the squad. 

May be the fans should say we don't want him in the squad or starting 11 and JA and CO will play him. 

Seem's strange to not put him in the squad with his touches.  Has he said something to JA and Co that hurt their feelings 🤪

Advert:

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Mckirdy straight out of the squad as well. Seriously what was the point in signing him. Gone from starting to not even in the squad. 

Didn't notice that but that's very odd. If he's not starting he's definitely worth a place on the bench as he can make an impact. Is he injured / self-isolating perhaps?

1 minute ago, robf said:

Didn't notice that but that's very odd. If he's not starting he's definitely worth a place on the bench as he can make an impact. Is he injured / self-isolating perhaps?

Same as Robinson (who I’m no fan of) just find it odd how he starting players for one game then dropping completely out of the squad. Lose today and Robinson and mckirdy will be back in.