Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Let's hope we are working on a 3-5-2 system for the rest of the week before the big game .

Looking forwards to it the past is gone the present is here .

My team for saturdays must win game 

Brown 

Legge Mills Oyeleke 

Worrall                        Clark 

Joyce Burgess 

Hurst 

Pope Cullen or Rodney if popes still isolating .

We were doing quite well with Mills in the side early doors and like see him come in for Smith who's forms plummeted along with many others ,is that the system or is the no fans being in there to  send a rocket up there neatherdals needed. 

BIg game for Askey might pop up Vale this week have a look at the training what goes on then I will know who the team is one things for sure Cullen Robinson do not become  bad players over night they are good finishers and its proven after all the games prior bar a few that they are isolated .

So my question to Mr J Askey is what system are you going to introduce to get these players scoring the goals ,your system doesn't work we ain't scored in half our games .

Over to you John 

FOREVER hopeful 

UTV 

• Haha 1

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stop turning on each other with abuse its ridiculous.  Disagree by all means . We are all sick to death of what's going on but abusing others is crackers   

But everyone was delighted that all the players we had last season re-signed.  Folk were orgasmic when Smith re-signed.  Yet now they're rubbish, too old, etc.  Some re-writing of history going on on

I know it’s sacrilege to suggest it but does anyone else think Scott Brown has fallen below his usual extremely high standards recently?

Posted Images

Let's hope we are working on a 3-5-2 system for the rest of the week before the big game .
           Brown 
Legge Mills Oyeleke 
              Joyce Burgess 
                   Hurst 
We were doing quite well with Mills in the side early doors and like see him come in for Smith who's forms plummeted along with many others ,is that the system or is the no fans being in there to  send a rocket up there neatherdals needed. 
BIg game for Askey might pop up Vale this week have a look at the training what goes on then I will know who the team is one things for sure Cullen Robinson do not become  bad players over night they are good finishers and its proven after all the games prior bar a few that they are isolated .
So my question to Mr J Askey is what system are you going to introduce to get these players scoring the goals ,your system doesn't work we ain't scored in half our games .
Over to you John 
FOREVER hopeful 
UTV 

A central defence including mills and manny?!

16 minutes ago, philmpv said:
42 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:
           Brown 
Legge Mills Oyeleke 
              Joyce Burgess 
                   Hurst 
Over to you John 
FOREVER hopeful 
UTV 

A central defence including mills and manny?!

IF you watched the Scunthorpe game we could have played without a defence ,that much ball Smith running forwards passing it to left back or right back running back etc ,watch the game give the ball Oyeleke there tell him to  drive as far forwards as he can then go after releasing not backwards forwards .

Mills why not he probably got more pace than Smith .

Who knows it until you try gives the opposition something think about doesn't it so we have 4 ar the back marking one player usually whereas the other 3 and what is there purpose.

My opinion you do not have agree with me I like attacking football with goal attempts created and go for it football ,is our one up front exciting you cause it ain't me 

UTV 

Advert:

3 hours ago, valeblue said:

Don’t forget that it’s a 1 o'clock kick off so your weekend will be spoilt two hours earlier!!

You should try dealing with it at this end.  I'm 5 hours behind you so the fun starts (and probably ends) at 8am.

Edited by Quebec_Valiant

Could you start a thread posting your Football Manager teams and results? Would entertain many of us greatly!

IF you watched the Scunthorpe game we could have played without a defence ,that much ball Smith running forwards passing it to left back or right back running back etc ,watch the game give the ball Oyeleke there tell him to  drive as far forwards as he can then go after releasing not backwards forwards .
Mills why not he probably got more pace than Smith .
Who knows it until you try gives the opposition something think about doesn't it so we have 4 ar the back marking one player usually whereas the other 3 and what is there purpose.
My opinion you do not have agree with me I like attacking football with goal attempts created and go for it football ,is our one up front exciting you cause it ain't me 
UTV 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

You should try dealing with it at this end.  I'm 5 hours behind you so the fun starts (and probably ends) at 9am.

Get it over and done with and try not to let it spoil the rest of your day.

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Could you start a thread posting your Football Manager teams and results? Would entertain many of us greatly!

I'm rubbish at computer games etc fifa played it once with me son got hammered so thought I'd give that the wide berth ,in fact space invaders was the last game I liked when i was younger a lot younger .

We all have to remain cheerful in these dark times for a lot of good folk who are dying of this horrible disease we just being put in tier 3 and I so want get back to Vale park encouraging them wholeheartedly but it's not to be and we have to hope that the Vale rise again .

My team is just a idea nothing more do you really think any manager listens or reads online forums (if they had Vale would be champions elect every season ).

COME ON THE Vale let's win ten in a row now ,is it doable cause it is ,what's done done 

UTV 

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Brown 

Legge Mills Oyeleke 

Joyce Burgess 

Hurst 

Over to you John 

FOREVER hopeful 

UTV 

That's possibly the weirdest team selection I've ever seen.

I think we need to stick to our strengths on Saturday. So in light of VFIA's post here is my suggestion;

gk - Leon Legge - some people said they didn't want to see him in the shirt again, perhaps they won't mind if hes wearing a gk shirt. 

rb - Manny - I am pretty confident hes never been injured before whilst playing right back so worth a try

lb - Worall - the further back he plays the more room he has for running up and down. This will mean he will cover more ground

cb - McKirdy - hes lightweight and so perhaps he will win some fouls on corners and freekicks - which will help us when trying to defend against them

cb - Tom Pope - taller than McKirdy and if he is playing in defence we literally can't hoof the ball up the pitch to him

lw - Clark - scored a few goals, worth a try as an attacker

cm - Rodney - similar to pope, if he plays here and we hoof the ball up to him it won't have gone very far and maybe another midfielder can get it

cm - DTS - Scored a great goal for Leek Town a few weeks ago, 100% what we need right now

rw - Monty - everyone keeps saying hes not a left back, and not a left winger. So lets try him somewhere else.

cf - Brown, excellent in the penalty area, wins a lot of crosses

cf - Smith - scored quite a few goals in the past and hasn't had his best season at cb, time for a change

subs - none as JA doesn't like them.

Edited by Emile
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Brown 

Legge Mills Oyeleke 

Joyce Burgess 

Hurst 

Over to you John 

FOREVER hopeful 

UTV 

Yes. Inject it. Love this. Hurst in the hole. Pick a striker at random. A slow CB at RCB, a RB at CB, and an attacking mid at LCB. A left winger at rwb and a rb at lwb.

Superb. Keep them coming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On a slightly more serious note I would go:

Brown

Mills Legge Smith Clark

Joyce

Oyeleke Burgess (if Conlon still out)

Rodney Pope Worrall

If Pope is still isolating I’d try Rodney through the middle and Amoo/Monty on the wing (but Monty on the left!!)

Subs: Visser, Brisley, Fitz, Hurst, McKirdy, Cullen, Robinson. Unless there’s someone else (Monty if not in the XI, Amoo or Conlon if half-fit) who could take Robinson’s place.

Advert:

We are on a poor run and leyton orient are on a good run so can't see anything other than an away win. Might aswell just pick any old random team out of what we have available as no matter what we pick at the moment they are either playing crap or not even trying.

Brown gk

Smith rb

Montano lb

Joyce am

Brisley cb

Legge cb

Rodney rm 

Oyeleke cm 

Robinson cf

Cullen cf 

Worrall lm 

Subs visser fitzpatrick crookes mills burgess hurst whoever else is available full the last sub spot.

I bet if we were the ones on a good run and them on a bad run you'd have vale to lose as well

We are on a poor run and leyton orient are on a good run so can't see anything other than an away win. Might aswell just pick any old random team out of what we have available as no matter what we pick at the moment they are either playing crap or not even trying.
Brown gk
Smith rb
Montano lb
Joyce am
Brisley cb
Legge cb
Rodney rm 
Oyeleke cm 
Robinson cf
Cullen cf 
Worrall lm 
Subs visser fitzpatrick crookes mills burgess hurst whoever else is available full the last sub spot.