Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Very good from him. He’s been a very good player and I have no doubt he’s still good enough for us. 

Hes been poor for a few weeks now though (ironically until yesterday) for me askey needs to manage him and rotate him much better. He’s not getting any younger and shouldn’t be having to play every Saturday and Tuesday week after week. Brisley is more than competent use him and rotate legge so that he’s fully fit. As when he is fit he’s an excellent defender 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A proper man who accepts his faults 

Personally I don't think he needs to apologise, it's football stuff happens. 

But he's obviously got other issues and also his health is very important.

Move on Leon now it's done and dusted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top bloke is Leon. 

Performances on the pitch aside he has been a great servant to the club on and off the pitch and is a stand up role model.

Every one has a right to be critical of a players performance but some of the gammons on Facebook/twitter were disgusting with some their comments. Never okay to get personal. While it was only the odd weapon it still shouldn't happen.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a super pro and a very good defender for us. He's not been anywhere near his best lately, but funny thing is he was having his best game for us for a while right up until he got himself sent off yesterday! I've felt like a game or two off would have been good for him in the last few weeks but obviously Askey see's it differently.

If we can pull out a gritty 1-0 win it can really turn your form around instantly, and a few wins on the spin would put us right back up there. We've already seen that we are capable of it this season. As much as I've moaned and groaned these last two or three weeks here, lady luck has definitely not been on our side. With a little more luck we'd probably be a few points better off...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admire Leon’s honesty.

I’m afraid he hasn’t looked quite at it for weeks in my opinion and it was managerial madness to leave him on after half time yesterday given he was walking the 2nd yellow tightrope and had done so from the 4th minute.

I agree that a break might do him some good - at 35 the volume of games was always going to prove challenging as it is for Pope. Brisley has rarely let us down when called upon and should be given a chance to stake a claim.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to apologise Leon lad. At the risk of sounding like Golden Gordon ( life long fan of Barnstoneworth United in "Ripping Yarns" ), we're just going through a bad patch. Late goals have been felt like an almighty "thwack" in the nether regions to Valiant supporters and players alike. The main thing, albeit we're not getting the rub of the green, is that the team are trying their best, and reading your message today, really care. So thankyou and Up the Barnstoneworth. I mean Vale

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TylerB said:

He's a super pro and a very good defender for us. He's not been anywhere near his best lately, but funny thing is he was having his best game for us for a while right up until he got himself sent off yesterday! I've felt like a game or two off would have been good for him in the last few weeks but obviously Askey see's it differently.

If we can pull out a gritty 1-0 win it can really turn your form around instantly, and a few wins on the spin would put us right back up there. We've already seen that we are capable of it this season. As much as I've moaned and groaned these last two or three weeks here, lady luck has definitely not been on our side. With a little more luck we'd probably be a few points better off...

I think we’re lucky we have the best keeper in the league otherwise we would be a few points worse off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

I think we’re lucky we have the best keeper in the league otherwise we would be a few points worse off

And if Cambridge didn't have the best striker in the league the same would apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, blackdog said:

Image

Top ,top man is Leon!Always gives 110% in games,in training(as I watch many times),coupled with his off the field community assistance to those less fortunate that most of us.All the idiots who are having a go at him,give it a rest,please🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t want an apology. I want better self discipline and decision making from a senior pro. 
 

I could play badly for Vale and apologise for it. It may make me a better human being for taking responsibility, but I won’t be a better footballer. 
 

 

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I don’t want an apology. I want better self discipline and decision making from a senior pro. 
 

I could play badly for Vale and apologise for it. It may make me a better human being for taking responsibility, but I won’t be a better footballer. 
 

 

Unfair, that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I don’t want an apology. I want better self discipline and decision making from a senior pro. 
 

I could play badly for Vale and apologise for it. It may make me a better human being for taking responsibility, but I won’t be a better footballer. 
 

 

I personally don't think Leon needs to apologise, but the guy has felt the need to do so.  I think you should take it in the spirit it's intended.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

I don’t want an apology. I want better self discipline and decision making from a senior pro. 
 

I could play badly for Vale and apologise for it. It may make me a better human being for taking responsibility, but I won’t be a better footballer. 
 

 

🔧

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Please don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy