Match Thread: FAC R1 Port Vale v King`s Lynn Town

3 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

Very good away performance from Kings Lynn, they looked much better than their level.

Legge couldn’t cope with Powers speed, Crooks looked a little below their level, Joyce wasn’t able to dictate play the way he usually does and Worrall blew hot and cold... mostly cold. Clarke and Amoo were so much better than others they became a predictable outlet and Pope was well marshalled. More than a couple of their lads put in league standard performances. 
Bad day at the office, I’ll be the first to say it: oh well at least we can concentrate on the league now!

A bit more money would have been handy in the extreme, mind.

Is this a wind up post?

Very good away performance? 17 shots to 3? They were charmed!

And there is NO MONEY in this years FA Cup as there are no crowds!

Advert:

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have to take your medicine on days like today if you want to enjoy giant killings like Everton and Spurs. Part and parcel of the game. That's why the FA Cup is the greatest etc etc etc.

I assume you are posting this as a wind up ?

I have not yet conceded that we lost today pending a number of legal appeals. 

Posted Images

Really poor game for Vale but not one i will lose sleep over after winning the last 3 league games,we would be having no big day outs this season anyway,i would of hated draw stoke or tottenham,liverpool and the like at some point and not be able to go,also the money on offer in the current climate isnt the same,so no loss for me.

I think we would all take promotion instead,onwards and upwards you win some you lose some

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Is this a wind up post?

what about the prize monies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

6 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Is this a wind up post?

Plenty of prize money, of which we have lost 17k 

Is this a wind up post?

I’m sure Carol would have welcomed the £17k on offer today, a lot of money in the current climate that would likely have made a big difference to the operation of the club.

Win what exactly? I don’t see us winning anything except the league 2 mid table mediocrity prize based on that. 
It's a good job that 1 performance in the fa cup doesn't decide our final league position then! Good God, talk about a prime example of taking 1 game in isolation and ignoring the rest, particularly the 3 immediately preceding it! Get a grip man (or woman, mustn't presume in this day and age).
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

17 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

I’m sure Carol would have welcomed the £17k on offer today, a lot of money in the current climate that would likely have made a big difference to the operation of the club.

I arent saying she wouldn't,i am saying its no great loss and its less than you would get with a cup run with fans in etc,at least we got 5k from losing,again luckily we arent desperate for the money but as you say any money does help but not a great loss

42 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

The attitude after the goal was absolutely diabolical though, lost all what we’d been doing to open them up and just poor.

Our reaction each time we have gone a goal down in games, except Cambridge game is the biggest thing which concerns me about our squad. We look beaten each time we concede a goal and don't know how to get back in a game - its a very worrying trend.

Advert:

20 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Thought Smith did well also  considering he had to carry Legge today.

Legge's worst game for us today imo,he has looked sluggish in a few games but we have got through and those turns do scare me at times..he has been immense for us and no one can doubt that but maybe he needs a rest and at least we have a good stand in in brisley

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Legge's worst game for us today imo,he has looked sluggish in a few games but we have got through and those turns do scare me at times..he has been immense for us and no one can doubt that but maybe he needs a rest and at least we have a good stand in in brisley

Agreed. I thought a few players looked leggy and tired today which is a worry considering we didn't play Tuesday. 

I don't wanna slag Legge off because he gives everything and fights for every ball and can get a goal. Not to mention he is a decent bloke that does a lot to help others but he can be a bomb scare at times especially with those back passes and with his age you can't expect to play him every game. Same for Pope