onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC R1 Port Vale v King`s Lynn Town

Fosse69

10 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I believe Askey, probably rightly, plays the striker who is on form at any given time.

Robinson got 2 in a game early on then kept his place, Pope got 2 last week so he starts.

Cullen has been out injured for about 5/6 weeks.

Should still have your main striker imo. I just don’t think he knows who to pick. The issue is how are they meant to get into form? How can cullen show anything other than in training? Pope won’t start the next game now, askey will jump to cullen or Rodney if available 

Advert

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

At home unless the opposition come to play then we haven't a clue how to break teams down.

Contrary to opinion on here Harrogate are bang average and we couldn't break down their blockade.

Cheltenham and Salford came to play and we created better chances albeit Salford was scrappy. 

No creativity whatsoever against stubborn teams 

To be fair Darren we created lots of opportunity’s second half but the quality of the final ball, or finish, just wasn’t there.  You could argue that numerous times the ball didn’t quite drop for us in the box second half but that would be masking the overall performance, which was complacent and pedestrian at best.

21 minutes ago, Properman said:

Go back over 12 months I did say he does not make subs. He is the most boring manager going, I fall asleep listening to him. How can he make the players perform when you need need a bit of passion.  I also know some of the players think he is crap.

Are those players the same that nearly for us relegated 2 years running until Askey came in?

Joke of a post.

How many more times do we not turn up against non league teams, I know it has been under different management, but the players were spineless, and the manager is tactically inept. If they aren't bothered, then when the gates open I ain't bothered. His after match comments from As key, resembled Pages at Exeter.

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Should still have your main striker imo. I just don’t think he knows who to pick. The issue is how are they meant to get into form? How can cullen show anything other than in training? Pope won’t start the next game now, askey will jump to cullen or Rodney if available 

Probably will pick Cullen next game, like I said he’s been injured for  the last 5/6 games so wasn’t available to be picked, he was on the bench today so obviously recovered from injury and will be available for the next game.

cant do anything about Rodney, he tested positive for covid so obviously not been at the club since.

I’m mostly annoyed because I didn’t think KL were any good at all, poor with the ball, defensively we had chances that we’ve got to be taking to win that comfortably. As the game wore on and the offside goal wasn’t given (looked in line but hard to tell) you just felt the sucker punch was going to come.

The attitude after the goal was absolutely diabolical though, lost all what we’d been doing to open them up and just poor.

Get them in tomorrow.

Nobody to blame but the players for this. Askey picked the team the vast majority of us would have picked, when other managers would have fielded a weakened team. Embarrassing performances from the senior players, notably legge, Joyce and pope. Playing 442 doesn't mean you're going to score, just like playing pope doesn't, contrary to popular belief. Crossing was woeful again today, back to the bad old days.

But we know this squad and manager has what it takes to win, so no need for the meltdown comments of the minority.

3 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

I’m mostly annoyed because I didn’t think KL were any good at all, poor with the ball, defensively we had chances that we’ve got to be taking to win that comfortably. As the game wore on and the offside goal wasn’t given (looked in line but hard to tell) you just felt the sucker punch was going to come.

The attitude after the goal was absolutely diabolical though, lost all what we’d been doing to open them up and just poor.

Get them in tomorrow.

They need a rest  that game at Southend must have took it out of them — lol

Port Vale       Shots   17    On Target    11       Goals   0   = Lost £17,000

Kings Lynn   Shots    3     On Target    1         Goals   1   =  Won £17,000

This was a Disgrace - Bring back our FA Cup Giant Killing of the Past !

Scalps =  (Matthews) Blackpool 1954  /  Cardiff City 1954 /  Sunderland  1961  / 

Tottenham 1988  /  Derby 1990  /  Southampton  1994  /  Everton  1996  /

Are those players the same that nearly for us relegated 2 years running until Askey came in?
Joke of a post.
I'm not knee jerking. I'm not calling for anyones head....BUT. That's the worst game Legge has had for ages. Joyce couldn't pass wind today, let alone pass to one of his own players. Conlon should take up tap dancing, he was tippy happy all match. Wozza must hate Dracula as he couldn't cross anything today.Tom was seriously attempting to resemble a cart horse, he couldn't get slower if he tried. I could go on I'm that depressed at such an inadequate, disgraceful display. Thank God we have Clarke, a total breath of fresh air in a stinking cess pot of a day for Vale. I'll end my tirade before I start on Askey by saying well done K L. Enjoy your trip home, cash in the bank and a look forward to round 2. Oh what a pain in the back end it is following Vale for years and years. I ought to know better!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHTGtvrpLP6X7hdpfcDpp_HJ8qg1-ckSdDYIrc0/?igshid=1302n5oczts6b

DTS goal for leek- i said after pre season he looked a really tidy player i think he deserves a chance after todays midfield display great on the ball and creative 

We had 17 shots today 11 on target and failed to score. Kings lynn had 3 shots 1 on target and scored it. We need to start being more clinical with our chances as it's going cost us more games if we dont take chances. 

Also you have to give credit to kings lynn they defended well and had some good pace upfront which legge struggled against. 

Sort of performance I thought had been banished with the Smurfwaite era. Utterly depressing and unacceptable to watch. 

Legge can’t get another contract, he was so slow and kept getting beaten for pace. Worrall was wasteful and sticking Pope up top on his own was simply a stupid idea from Ashley. 

This lot have been whipping boys quite often in non league and to not go with at least two strikers from the start is just not on. 

Overall I think this was one of those games where the players were actually let down by the boss. The set up was just too negative and we gave to be prepared to take the initiative. Askey needs to show faith in his players, not set them up for a close game against a mediocre non league team.  

12 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Probably will pick Cullen next game, like I said he’s been injured for  the last 5/6 games so wasn’t available to be picked, he was on the bench today so obviously recovered from injury and will be available for the next game.

cant do anything about Rodney, he tested positive for covid so obviously not been at the club since.

He’s been on the bench the past few games and hasn’t got on the pitch. I get they need to get fitness back but that’s only done with game time. If he’s  not fit enough don’t put him on the bench 

Archived