onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Advert

Think toms input on uche was completely unnecessary and to be honest to hound someone based on what he was like as an 19-20 year old on loan and to say he cant play football is ridiculous. Last 4 clubs have been 3 championship clubs and played 15 times for a team that finished 8th in the turkish top league. Im not saying hes going to be incredible for us time will tell but to totally berate a signing as bad when was the last time he watched him play? Comparing him to reggie is ludicrous. Also questioned the need for him when its glaringly obvious to me that we need someone whos going to occupy centre backs. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Think toms input on uche was completely unnecessary and to be honest to hound someone based on what he was like as an 19-20 year old on loan and to say he cant play football is ridiculous. Last 4 clubs have been 3 championship clubs and played 15 times for a team that finished 8th in the turkish top league. Im not saying hes going to be incredible for us time will tell but to totally berate a signing as bad when was the last time he watched him play? Comparing him to reggie is ludicrous. Also questioned the need for him when its glaringly obvious to me that we need someone whos going to occupy centre backs. 

Agreed. He scored 5 in 21 league 1 games before. I’d very much take that now. He also managed 6 in 30 for Wycombe in the championship which isn’t dreadful considering they struggled as a side. Did also have a season where he scored 14 in 44 at league 2. Respectable goal scoring total.

• Like 1

I like Tom and his insight and although I disagreed on Politic who I think we wasted with how we used him I think he's wrong on Big Uche.

The link up play with him and Andoh was outstanding, I recall for example the Gillingham game their players ended up just hacking them down as they couldn't cope and they just grew stronger.

Although I dont think Reggie was THAT bad (tin hat on) Uche was miles better than him and he adds a real physical presence and what we need.

Enjoy the pod though, love listening to it and will have it on whilst doing the London Royal Parks Half Marathon on Sunday chuckling to myself, its a game of opinions and Tom is certainly as entitled to them as much as anyone else, time will tell if he is right I guess about Uche.

On 07/10/2023 at 16:44, Wrex said:

He scored a hat-trick in the Champions League and has never been without a club for long. He wasn't that bad for sure.

He had some horrific games such as Coventry Away but got a few goals, granted he probably bamboozled defenders as he didn't know what he was going to do but was he any worse than Paterson that season!

Cat guy* / Wikipedia was right about Nesta Guinness-Walker being the great grandson of Alec Guinness. I did think when I heard the name but I thought it'd be too unlikely to be true so I never checked before I heard the podcast 

*Sorry I never remember you guy's names, I just remember the voices. Cat guy is the fella whose wife keeps getting cats, and he once found one of the cats stuck up a tree after it had gone missing. Pretty sure he's the carpet fitter man too, but he's definitely cat man in my mind 🐱

• Haha 2

On 17/10/2023 at 00:03, Wrex said:

Cat guy* / Wikipedia was right about Nesta Guinness-Walker being the great grandson of Alec Guinness. I did think when I heard the name but I thought it'd be too unlikely to be true so I never checked before I heard the podcast 

*Sorry I never remember you guy's names, I just remember the voices. Cat guy is the fella whose wife keeps getting cats, and he once found one of the cats stuck up a tree after it had gone missing. Pretty sure he's the carpet fitter man too, but he's definitely cat man in my mind 🐱

Cat guy on again tonight as we had a chat with Aiden Stone my lord 

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

I urge everyone to listen to the latest podcast with Andy Crosby interview. 1st half talks bout his career and then a real in depth and honest discussions about where we are and what we are trying to do.

Fantastic job by Jonny and Tom. Well done chaps.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 2

I urge everyone to listen to the latest podcast with Andy Crosby interview. 1st half talks bout his career and then a real in depth and honest discussions about where we are and what we are trying to do.
No difficult questions asked. Just one big love in if you ask me.

2 hours ago, rob1983 said:
On 25/11/2023 at 12:11, MBE said:

No difficult questions asked. Just one big love in if you ask me.

Where was questions like

Why are we not changing formation to fit players that we have fit into there correct positions?

you say that we are going to carry on playing this way but surely if the results don't change we have to adapt and change?

do you not think teams have worked us out hence our run of results? 

why do we only have two wing backs at the club when our whole system and attacking play is built around wing backs? Was this your decision are you happy with this? 

are you allowed to change formation from 3 at the back or is flitcroft telling you its this way ? 

Do you feel any pressure from the club to turn this run around? 

have you been given striking options that your happy with? 

Why do we look like we have no idea what to do after crossing the halfway line?

whats the point in keeping possession when we do nothing with it?

even when he said things like it was my fault for lincoln why not question why? what had he told the players. Why did he make the decision to sit back even when it was 10v10 

• Like 2