onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Rob, hope this is ok to post.

Three of us have got together and have done a Vale podcast. The first one is up now, and is basically us introducing ourselves, how we got in to Vale and our likes/dislikes that we've picked up over the years! We finish up by talking about how the season has finished and whether PPG is the right measure (Or whether other suggestions such as Tranmere's 'Margin for Error' PPG is a good alternative). 

It's a long one to start (1h 15m) but we're attempting for usual pods to be around 40-50 mins once a week, until our players can start kicking a ball together again. We've got some good guests lined up to join us in the next few weeks so please give it a listen! Any feedback (Constructive please!) would be welcome. We're already aware that Bezza sounds like he's social distancing from the microphone.

Here are some links. Let me know if you use any particular podcasting platform, and I can try and get the feed uploaded to that site! - 

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/ale-and-the-vale/id1515835229

Spotify (You can search for 'Ale and the Vale', but it might be far down the list

https://open.spotify.com/show/1ED6FDomEkdOoSPAwoyT8A

Podcast hosting site 

https://aleandthevale.podbean.com/

• Like 2

Advert

Thanks for everyone who's listened so far. It's now also on google podcasts so if anyone wants to download on there, brilliant!

We're recording the next episode on Sunday. Radio Stoke's Phil Bowers is joining us to discuss the retained list! It should be released on Monday all being well.

As part of the episode, we're looking for 3 word views for players on the retained/released list for Vale. We'll read some good ones out 

E.g - Ryan Lloyd - Solid squad player 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

Episodes 2 and 3 are out of the Ale and the Vale podcast.

It's a 2-parter. We spoke to Phil Bowers from Radio Stoke about how he got in to the Vale, before getting stuck in to some of the latest news from Vale, and we have a deep dive in to the retained list.

Any feedback is extremely welcome. We've got some great guests lined up in the next few weeks (Mark Porter,  chairman of the Supporters club is up next and will be released on Monday 15th June).

Give it a listen on all major podcast platforms (Apple, Google, Spotify - Links above) and also on the website https://aleandthevale.podbean.com/

Thanks to everyone who has listened so far. Hopefully people are enjoying it!

• Like 1

Episode 4 is out now. We catch up with the latest news out of Vale Park (Season ticket refunds, PVFC Foundation work, Askey's shopping list for the summer).

Then we go in to a great conversation with Mark Porter, Chairman of the Supporters Club. We touch on the past, before going in to the positives of the last year and looking ahead to the future. If you're ever feeling down about the Vale, get in touch with Mark Porter. He's beacon of positivity for this club!

• Like 1

Great podcast guys. The first episode was too long and had poor audio at times but you were aware of that and improved it for the next episodes.

Really looking forward to the next one. Getting a guest on and discussing their favourite ever played and their irrationally disliked player is a great introduction before you chat with them about things in general.

Hope this podcast continues cuz as I said there have been an unofficial and an official Vale podcast and they both have been silent for months. Keep it up!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wrex said:

Great podcast guys. The first episode was too long and had poor audio at times but you were aware of that and improved it for the next episodes.

Really looking forward to the next one. Getting a guest on and discussing their favourite ever played and their irrationally disliked player is a great introduction before you chat with them about things in general.

Hope this podcast continues cuz as I said there have been an unofficial and an official Vale podcast and they both have been silent for months. Keep it up!

Thanks mate, we really appreciate the feedback. Bezza didn't have a microphone for the 1st one, but we've sorted that now. I think the next stage will be making sure we all have some decent equipment to record with and then we should see things even more.

People are listening, and we are enjoying it, so long may it continue! 

• Like 1

Episode 5 out now! We cover some news (Season ticket sales, new opponents and fans returning to stadiums), and then we get talking to the Sentinel and SOT Live Port Vale report Mike Baggaley. We discuss his favourite interviewees and interview, before going deep in to the idea of Salary Caps. Would it work? If so, how? He's got some thoughts from Colin Garlick on the matter. I'm quite passionate about the subject of managing club finances, so apologies if there's a lot of me talking on this one!

It's downloadable from the usual places (Apple, Google, Spotify Podcasts). You can also listen at https://aleandthevale.podbean.com 

Please subscribe on your podcast platform and pass on to your mates. We're getting some good listening figures, but it'd be great to get even more involved!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 6 out now!

Just the 3 of us this week! We explain how we know each other, and why it's really my fault that we're mates. Then in to the weeks news with L2 playoffs, Nathan Smith and whether you should be able to have a beer in the stands all being discussed. 

It's downloadable from the usual places (Apple, Google, Spotify Podcasts). You can also listen at https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Please subscribe on your podcast platform and pass on to your mates. The podcast is growing and growing and we're grateful to Rob on OVF for the help he's offered!

• Like 1

Hi mate, we have thought about it but my sound editing skills are in their infancy so I need to work out how to do that at some point! I think I have worked it out but now it's finding the right tune. We were thinking about asking if there's anyone listening who fancies coming up with a tune? 

I can say we've got a pretty big guest this week that we're prepping for, and then I think we might put it up as a thing, either mentioning it on the pod, or on here, Facebook and Twitter. 

Cheers for the feedback, we really appreciate it as we're trying to get better!

Edited by stupers
  • Like 1