onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

4 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Some great points.

Ojo is not a DM. He is a ball-player. Never gets stuck in and never breaks sweat. Pett any day in the same role, but we can do better than both. Maybe Lowe is the answer?

On the Massey debate - although he isn't very good, I think the ire is more to do with him being symptom of the shambolic forward recruitment for the past two seasons.

Agreed. He can look to be a good player, as he did against Ipswich at home last season, and he clearly has something given that he has won promotion from this division before, but it’s just not working out for him at the Vale. 

Hopefully things will change and the team gel’s really quickly, otherwise Crosby has to go unfortunately.

Advert

7 hours ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

Agreed. He can look to be a good player, as he did against Ipswich at home last season, and he clearly has something given that he has won promotion from this division before, but it’s just not working out for him at the Vale.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/23566003.colchester-united-aiming-add-summer-transfer-window/

Still fondly thought of at Colchester

9 hours ago, MBE said:

I can't think of any manager who has lasted much longer after an absolute tanking like that.

The last team I can remember getting beaten 7-0 was Man Utd at Liverpool last season. Similar game actually in that the 1st half was pretty even, and they imploded in the 2nd half.

There manager is doing just fine though, and is under no major pressure for his job. The key was he got a good response from his players, and that's what Crosby needs to do now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, matmat said:

The last team I can remember getting beaten 7-0 was Man Utd at Liverpool last season. Similar game actually in that the 1st half was pretty even, and they imploded in the 2nd half.

There manager is doing just fine though, and is under no major pressure for his job. The key was he got a good response from his players, and that's what Crosby needs to do now.

I forgot about that game last season.

Big difference is the manager had already established himself and generally was doing quite well. Crosby unknown as manager.

Spot on response is now everything.

6 hours ago, matmat said:

I'm not really sure you can compare Port Vale to Manchester United.

Ten Hag started to get a tune out of Man U within 3 games of taking over from Manchester United. Winning them a trophy and getting them back into the Champions League

Utd's results leading up to that 7-0 defeat to the bin dippers were:

Man Utd 2 v 1 Barcelona 

Man Utd 2 v 0 Newcastle (League Cup Final)

Man Utd 3 v 1 West Ham

Then when they lost to Liverpool, Utd's next game they beat Real Betis 4-1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, matmat said:

He also had a squad worth multi millions, situation at United and vale isn’t remotely comparable 

20 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

They make a very good point that if we are looking to add anymore new signings, we have just made it very hard for ourselves because any potential new signing is going to look at the second part of last season and then see the 7-0, they are going to have more that second thoughts about coming.

It could also increase the wages that any new player wants because they could be saying you need to give me a few hundred quid per week more to come to you now

Not just that, do we think that Sheff Utd and Swansea will be happy with 2 good prospects being at a club who are getting pasted every week?

4 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

He also had a squad worth multi millions, situation at United and vale isn’t remotely comparable 

I'm not comparing Vale to Man Utd lol. The poster made the point they couldn't remember the last time a team took a tonking & the manager lasted much longer. I was just pointing out it happened last season & the manager is doing just fine. I'm not comparing us to Utd or Crosby to ETH. Just that the situation can be turned around. If Crosby is capable of doing so we will find out in the next few weeks!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...