Have known Mike for 30 years can't put into words how sad I feel he was the best Vale fan I've ever known. He will be missed so much at the Vale best wishes to his family 

• Like 3

Absolutely devastated at this.  I didn't know Mike personally and never spoke to him myself. I attended the protests against v2001 and always loved his calls on radio stoke.

He was a great poster on here too.

I can honestly say, even though I didnt know him, I will miss him greatly. 

Life can be desperately cruel.

• Like 3

Like many before me I didn’t know Mike personally, but through this site I feel like i have known him for years. Vale through and through, good and bad times, always held Vale close to his heart. I too hope there is some part of Vale Park that people can remember him by, certainly OVF and P&G will never be the same.

RIP fellow Valeite and thanks for the memory.

• Like 3

Always a worthwhile read on OVF,  sorry to hear the sad news.  Saw his picture for the first time and realised I used to bump into him in Clayton but never knew his name. Usually had my Vale top on so we would chew the fat. He was Vale through and through.

RIP Old Sage. Valiant through and through. Your battles with Smurthwaite were legendary. The fight is over now mate. You can rest easy. Our club is finally in sage hands.

• Like 1

R.I.P Old sage condolences to all the family .

Always had time for his posts ,always spoke sense I’m sure I probably have spoke to him at Vale matches home and away ,and if not wish I had 

UTV R.I.P Vale brother 

• Like 1

Sitting here thinking of the big fella and I suddenly remembered the sponsored walk to Shrewsbury in the early 70's.

The club was short of money (Again) and the supporters club arranged a sponsored walk to Gay Meadow from Vale Park to raise funds for the club, there was approx. 30 hardy souls who made the trip and Old Sage was one of them, the idea was to get there before the 7-30pm KO which they succeeded in doing...... So for Old Sage fighting for his club was not a recent thing............ He was doing it years ago.

P.S. Yes we won the game !

• Like 5

I didn't know Mike at all and only knew the name old sage on OVF, but it's clear by the overwhelming reaction that we've lost a diamond.

Deepest condolences and thoughts to his family and friends.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SMURF said:

I am saddened to learn of the passing of OS.

My first encounter was during my first and was meant to be my only Fans Forum

Originally it was my intention on that night to announce l was winding up the Club and refunding all ST monies

When the meeting starting l recall a very passionate bearded guy giving me a grilling due to failures of stock in the shop

I realised that night the passion of OS and many others and the rest as they say is history

OS or Mike as l learnt later was one of my biggest critics but always presented himself with passion and at times with restraint and more often than not was better briefed than l on the subject matter

It saddens me of his passing and l am sure the SC will think of the fitting tribute to mark the mans commitment to the Club

RIP Mike 

My opinion of you just went up a notch. 

• Like 2