RIP Old Sage

melv

Advert:

You always knew that you were in for an entertaining evening when Mike attended any meetings.

Never been a better guy to sum-up what football is all about. Passion, loyalty, humour and the spirit of being with folks that you’ve known (and some loved) for all of your life.

I’m not a religious person but Mike’s family should take great comfort from everything that he did and for what we will all benefit from, starting with promotion in 2021 x

• Like 8

Advert:

Absolutely devastated at this.  I didn't know Mike personally and never spoke to him myself. I attended the protests against v2001 and always loved his calls on radio stoke.

He was a great poster on here too.

I can honestly say, even though I didnt know him, I will miss him greatly. 

Life can be desperately cruel.

• Like 3

Like many before me I didn’t know Mike personally, but through this site I feel like i have known him for years. Vale through and through, good and bad times, always held Vale close to his heart. I too hope there is some part of Vale Park that people can remember him by, certainly OVF and P&G will never be the same.

RIP fellow Valeite and thanks for the memory.

• Like 3

Advert:

Sitting here thinking of the big fella and I suddenly remembered the sponsored walk to Shrewsbury in the early 70's.

The club was short of money (Again) and the supporters club arranged a sponsored walk to Gay Meadow from Vale Park to raise funds for the club, there was approx. 30 hardy souls who made the trip and Old Sage was one of them, the idea was to get there before the 7-30pm KO which they succeeded in doing...... So for Old Sage fighting for his club was not a recent thing............ He was doing it years ago.

P.S. Yes we won the game !

• Like 5

Advert: