soothsayer

Assisting Club Cash Flow

13 hours ago, Phil said:

Why would West Ham be relegated if the season stopped now?

Guessing he didn't check the league table before posting.

If you have a season pass for I-follow then you have access to a full re-run of all league games so far. Plus the EFL Trophy games. But (legally) these are only available to non-UK residents.

Seeing as no way could this affect attendance anymore, might it be an idea to sell passes for these re-runs in the UK? Raise a bit of cash for the club and give fans who couldn't get to the game chance to watch it. Plus start a thread "vs xxxxxx revisited", and relieve some boredom  to boot.

I killed Saturday afternoon by re-watching game 1, Colchester away.

29 minutes ago, toyahw said:

If you have a season pass for I-follow then you have access to a full re-run of all league games so far. Plus the EFL Trophy games. But (legally) these are only available to non-UK residents.

Seeing as no way could this affect attendance anymore, might it be an idea to sell passes for these re-runs in the UK? Raise a bit of cash for the club and give fans who couldn't get to the game chance to watch it. Plus start a thread "vs xxxxxx revisited", and relieve some boredom  to boot.

Think the clubs are too paranoid about technology to take advantage of it. Just like when televised sport first arrived on the scene the top clubs banned television cameras from the grounds in the fear they'd reduce income though gate receipts. How times change, and let's hope they quickly change back btw.

Actually the Leyton Orient chairman was on a podcast and said that his club made a tonne of money from the ifollow app due to the club's efforts to market it abroad.

2 hours ago, toyahw said:

One possibility to continue the season and generate income could have been to play the games without spectators in the ground but let fans buy access to iFollow but it's a non-starter because of the risk of infection to players etc never mind the logistics of doing it for all the EFL clubs' fans  and season ticket holders who've already paid their money.

One option is changing the season start and end dates so that the 2022 World Cup ends up being played during a close season.

Interesting one this. So maybe finishing this season in the Autumn which is maybe more realistic and having the 2020/21 season running Feb-October or something and the one after the same with the World Cup in November-December and the one after the same before reverting back in 2023 to its usual slot?

Would mean changing the current Euro 2020 plan discussed today and playing it in the winter close season but would solve the issue of the World Cup essentially having three seasons of mainly summer football.

Allows this season to complete before the end of the year at least and keep the seasons 46 game going forward whilst the balance is redressed.