soothsayer

Assisting Club Cash Flow

With the distinct possibility of the club having a big hole in their finances or at least a cash flow interruption, should the fans try to assist in bridging the gap?

Things like renewing ST early have been mentioned at other clubs. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Carol has said  she wouldn’t dream of asking fans to buy st, early, but was incredibly touched by fans on social media saying they were going to do this to help the club out.

• Like 1

Like contributing to the Lorne Street stand, I think this is better left to individual choice and circumstances. Many fans will be fearing the same cash flow problems as the Club and have their own financial and family worries at the moment. Those who can then fair enough but the majority I doubt are in a position to do this. But I suppose every little helps.

• Like 1

I’ve already mentioned this.Those who don’t normally buy  STs may  now be able to. Mark Palios(Tranmere) has estimated it will cost Tranmere 500k. Scary for some clubs.A dozen of us are booked in for Mother’s Day at the club next Sunday.Every little helps.

19 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Like contributing to the Lorne Street stand, I think this is better left to individual choice and circumstances. Many fans will be fearing the same cash flow problems as the Club and have their own financial and family worries at the moment. Those who can then fair enough but the majority I doubt are in a position to do this. But I suppose every little helps.

I totally agree that it’s personal choice and I respect the view that people may have other priorities, particularly if their incomes fall in the coming weeks. I just put it out there as some people could consider it if their personal circumstances allow.

• Like 2

To be fair, as a walk up and away fan, I’m saving money so may chip in the cost of one of these games at the end of the month, depending on my finances at the end of it. 

As has been said, every little will help.  Why not pop into the club shop and spend a few bob etc,  

All things being equal, after what Carol said on social media, I fully intend to purchase my season tickets early this year. I’d normally leave it until the end of the deadline but not this year because in light of the current situation.  To be fair, it’s only laziness that I leave it late.

4 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Would anybody chip in with helping the cash flow of there employers?  Just wondering?

There’s no comparison in this case.

I hope any cash flow problems don't result in defaulting any payments to the fat controller. I would hate it if he reappears on the scene.

It would seem as though the Lorne Street was cursed if the money raised from supporters to complete it ended up having to go to sustain the club during this crisis in order to keep Smurthwaite off the scene.

I'd imagine Carol has the finances and accumen to avoid the need to request access to the Lorne Street fund, but we don't know how bad things will get for clubs yet. The Leyton Orient chairman said he expects multiple clubs to go to the wall.

Ive donated to the Lorne Street fund,I am more than happy for my money to be used by Carol to ease the cash flow or in any way she's fit.

Why ? Because I trust her and Kevin to do the right thing for my football club........No other reason.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Ironic the conversation turned to Lorne St. I hope the RW concert isn't in doubt.

Problem is re the concert, we may still be playing football on the pitch

51 minutes ago, ginginator said:

Problem is re the concert, we may still be playing football on the pitch

In these exceptional circumstances, I’m sure  we could come to some arrangement with the EFL that we play one of our away games that weekend.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I didnt say there was.

What are you saying then? The topic is “Assisting Club Cash Flow”, the operative word being club.  Why have you asked if anyone would “chip in with helping the cash flow of there employers” if you’re not making a comparison?  Care to expand?