Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So would I; it would put us home and away against Exeter who are out of form and a potential Wembley final against the Railway Children. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's two from three for the last two play off spots, live odds....

 

Colchester........4/11

Northampton....8/11

Port vale............11/10

Bradford.............9/2

Forest Green........8/1

 

I recon Colchester will make it, I feel it's us or Northampton for the final spot.....

Northampton at Forest Green next up, FGR hitting form as their win @ Swindon Yesterday showed......

Key could be Northampton play teams all in the current top eight in their last five games.....😁

Our due home game v Bradford looking like a TEN pointer too it seems.....🤔😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This season has shown it isn't who we play but which Vale team turns up. We're playing well and have  a great chance of making the play-offs, 75pts will do it me thinks.

Interesting to consider Vale stated and finished the game yesterday with just two players and one player different respectively from the team that really struggled last season and we should have beaten a promotion chasing team.. Just a testimony to how well JA and DK have got this team set up, organized and motivated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The season has shown us we will have no one to fear and I would fancy our chances if we make the play offs.

We need 6 wins with the remaining games and I think the next 3 games will define our season. Win back to back home games and win. at Oldham we should make the play-offs. 

I still think we will do it.

Edited by MBE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

This season has shown it isn't who we play but which Vale team turns up. We're playing well and have  a great chance of making the play-offs, 75pts will do it me thinks.

Interesting to consider Vale stated and finished the game yesterday with just two players and one player different respectively from the team that really struggled last season and we should have beaten a promotion chasing team.. Just a testimony to how well JA and DK have got this team set up, organized and motivated.

We wont get 75 points don't score enough goals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DistantVale said:

We wont get 75 points don't score enough goals

Intriguingly, before yesterday's game, we were 7th highest scorers and in 7th place.

I was surprised, as, like you, I didn't consider us to score enough.

But then, in recent weeks, we have been both creating chances and scoring more goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Intriguingly, before yesterday's game, we were 7th highest scorers and in 7th place.

I was surprised, as, like you, I didn't consider us to score enough.

But then, in recent weeks, we have been both creating chances and scoring more goals.

I think the feeling is that we should score more from the positions and chances we create.  We just lack a bit of quality in and around the box, we’re a bit wasteful at times.

I’d be more worried if we weren’t making chances to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's been constant talk of how our big issue is that we don't score enough, however stats just don't lie & I've never agreed, it simply isn't true. We look (& are) miles better going forward than last season. I think by the start of last month we'd already scored more than last season's total.

We're top 4 in the league for games where both teams have scored, & our total shows we clearly can score, just can't outscore the opponent. This is not a purely offensive issue, it's defensive too.

We're very much draw merchants, joint highest in the league. Yes, a 20+ a season striker would put us higher up the table, but so would a better quality/more consistent defence. They're equally as important. If you look at goals conceded, last season it was 55. If you average our current figure out over the rest of the season, we're actually on target to get the exact same amount, therefore our defence hasn't improved whatsoever, but our offence definitely has (on target to score 62~, against last season's 39).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

There's been constant talk of how our big issue is that we don't score enough, however stats just don't lie & I've never agreed, it simply isn't true. We look (& are) miles better going forward than last season. I think by the start of last month we'd already scored more than last season's total.

We're top 4 in the league for games where both teams have scored, & our total shows we clearly can score, just can't outscore the opponent. This is not a purely offensive issue, it's defensive too.

We're very much draw merchants, joint highest in the league. Yes, a 20+ a season striker would put us higher up the table, but so would a better quality/more consistent defence. They're equally as important. If you look at goals conceded, last season it was 55. If you average our current figure out over the rest of the season, we're actually on target to get the exact same amount, therefore our defence hasn't improved whatsoever, but our offence definitely has (on target to score 62~, against last season's 39).

Agreed... Its a bit of a myth that we are a low scoring team. 

We are scoring about as many as you would expect for someone in our position in the league.

Obviously scoring more would improve our chances of scoring... but that's a bit of a captain obvious statement.

People seem to think we are under indexing in goals and are scraping into the playoffs by not conceding many... in reality we score in the vast vast majority in games and are sharing the goals around the team.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a nine game season now whatever has gone on before is relevant but not as relevant a second these last nine games .

Not really fussed what other clubs do as long as we produce the level of performance Colchester home the other week and Cheltenham Away sat then the wins will come .

Not all down to the players though any Vale fan who still doesn’t go after a very decent season needs to be making a effort to go .

8000 made a effort go Man City well we have nine Man City type games left with the stakes high and the outcome can either be pleasant or very unpleasant .

So I’d urge season ticket holders being there friends etc (pay for them if you have to as it works out 15 quid each for Crawley and Bradford so ya m8 who can not afford gets the 15 paid for him and he only has to find 15 quid for two games bargain and is days of no longer going cannot be used as a excuse .

Looking at the games left I see at least 5 wins but with a go for it attitude which we displayed away at form team Cheltenham then why not  7 wins .

Yes our goal difference may count against us but it will not matter if we win the games and play as well as we did sat for them nine games .

Brown had nowt do let’s have 9 more games like that 

UTV 

Edited by Vale fan in Alsager
Had not finished

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, vale victory said:


Have to agree with this I’m afraid
Next season it has to be addressed if we have ambitions to get promoted

I think it would be difficult for us to have 2 promotions in two seasons, a couple of years stabilising in league 1 first, then an assault on the championship. 🙂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy