Run In

MBE

• 2 weeks later...
Advert:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Shunters can do us a big favour.  They still have to play Colchester (A), Northampton (H) and Bradford (A) as well as ourselves.

It looks like just 6th and 7th spots to play for now.

Lots of our play off rivals will be taking points off each other.  Of these;

Colchester have yet to play Crewe (H), Bradford (A) and Northampton (A).

Northampton have an horrendous consecutive sequence of Crewe (A), Colchester (H), Plymouth (A) and Bradford (H).

Bradford have ourselves, Exeter (A), Colchester (H), Crewe (H) and Northampton (A).

All the above obviously interspersed with some “easier” fixtures.

Advert:

It's two from three for the last two play off spots, live odds....

Colchester........4/11

Northampton....8/11

Port vale............11/10

Bradford.............9/2

Forest Green........8/1

I recon Colchester will make it, I feel it's us or Northampton for the final spot.....

Northampton at Forest Green next up, FGR hitting form as their win @ Swindon Yesterday showed......

Key could be Northampton play teams all in the current top eight in their last five games.....😁

Our due home game v Bradford looking like a TEN pointer too it seems.....🤔😳

This season has shown it isn't who we play but which Vale team turns up. We're playing well and have  a great chance of making the play-offs, 75pts will do it me thinks.

Interesting to consider Vale stated and finished the game yesterday with just two players and one player different respectively from the team that really struggled last season and we should have beaten a promotion chasing team.. Just a testimony to how well JA and DK have got this team set up, organized and motivated.

Advert:

The season has shown us we will have no one to fear and I would fancy our chances if we make the play offs.

We need 6 wins with the remaining games and I think the next 3 games will define our season. Win back to back home games and win. at Oldham we should make the play-offs. 

I still think we will do it.

3 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

This season has shown it isn't who we play but which Vale team turns up. We're playing well and have  a great chance of making the play-offs, 75pts will do it me thinks.

Interesting to consider Vale stated and finished the game yesterday with just two players and one player different respectively from the team that really struggled last season and we should have beaten a promotion chasing team.. Just a testimony to how well JA and DK have got this team set up, organized and motivated.

We wont get 75 points don't score enough goals

11 minutes ago, DistantVale said:

We wont get 75 points don't score enough goals

Intriguingly, before yesterday's game, we were 7th highest scorers and in 7th place.

I was surprised, as, like you, I didn't consider us to score enough.

But then, in recent weeks, we have been both creating chances and scoring more goals.

Advert:

35 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Intriguingly, before yesterday's game, we were 7th highest scorers and in 7th place.

I was surprised, as, like you, I didn't consider us to score enough.

But then, in recent weeks, we have been both creating chances and scoring more goals.

I think the feeling is that we should score more from the positions and chances we create.  We just lack a bit of quality in and around the box, we’re a bit wasteful at times.

I’d be more worried if we weren’t making chances to be honest.

There's been constant talk of how our big issue is that we don't score enough, however stats just don't lie & I've never agreed, it simply isn't true. We look (& are) miles better going forward than last season. I think by the start of last month we'd already scored more than last season's total.

We're top 4 in the league for games where both teams have scored, & our total shows we clearly can score, just can't outscore the opponent. This is not a purely offensive issue, it's defensive too.

We're very much draw merchants, joint highest in the league. Yes, a 20+ a season striker would put us higher up the table, but so would a better quality/more consistent defence. They're equally as important. If you look at goals conceded, last season it was 55. If you average our current figure out over the rest of the season, we're actually on target to get the exact same amount, therefore our defence hasn't improved whatsoever, but our offence definitely has (on target to score 62~, against last season's 39).

Archived