Stoke Relegation Thread

45 minutes ago, falmouthssoberist said:

My god just had a look on their horrible site and they are saying we are obsessed with them for having this thread while they have a thread about this thread........ 3 pages of comments so far.... emoji1787.png emoji23.png emoji28.png Have they cashed in their one shared braincell to put a bet on Leeds not getting promoted...

They had a thread about our relegation and ownership problems. Dozens of pages.

Rivals take the p*** out of each other. Completely normal. This whole 'rent free in your head' nonsense just ignores the entire rivalry aspect of football. Of course your rivals are thinking about you.

If they didn't care about us, which some claim not to, we wouldn't be mentioned. We would never feature our their websites. They'd barely remember us.

That clearly isn't the case.

Edited by Joe B

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently just announced the the crowd over the tannoy 25,308 🤣🤣🤣

Interestingly I was sat next to the Stoke official who works out their home attendances, he hadn't gone to QPR so called in to watch us today. I asked him what he thought the crowd was this afternoon?

They are the most fragile supporters in club football. The weakest chinned, the most fickle, the most bluntly demanding. They don’t care about us at all and the multiple anti Vale threads that ru

Posted Images

The biggest smack in the face Stoke could offer us is to forget we exist. I'd be gutted. Would be a tragic loss.

Don't sell out our away stand in an hour, light your genitals on fire as your Golden Generation has a 4th put past them by the WORST Vale side in our miserable history, and then go 12 rounds (losing via split decision) with our away stand urinals as your son weeps openly in the stand.

Don't devote entire threads to our relegation/ownership problems, or make threads about Vale forum threads (wrong'un behaviour).

Don't involve us in every other chant. I understand 'Vale' is a versatile for the rhyme scheme but I don't think Michael O'Neill knows who we are, and you haven't 'gone back up and won the cup' whilst the only thing you've 'kicked <ovf censored> out of' is our sinks when your day out in Burslem was ruined by a team of borderline semi-professionals.

I'm pleased we're still mentioned. It's brilliant. We haven't been relevant in 20 years. But the lie they tell themselves that 'we don't care about the Vale' is a fallacy. Tuning in every day to learn that Vale, a proper tinpot club, still rustle the Stokies on a regular basis warms the cockles of my heart. The fact that, after 20 years of being proper bad and decline to the point of near oblivion, we're still knocking around, and now back on the up, is superb.

A side note; I find Stoke fans who were fans pre-2008 far sounder than the 2008 contingent. Can have a good laugh, proper rivalry banter. Been through the relative grinder. The newer generation, raised on battering Arsenal and away days at Anfield, who abused the greatest manager in their history because the football wasn't pretty enough, and then promptly jumped ship and became 'too busy' for a Season Ticket when the consequences of their actions occurred and they got relegated, are often a lot less agreeable. Can't handle banter. Give and can't take. 

(Yes, I know you're reading this Oatcake dweller. This is for you.)

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

I think the inability to take banter (of some of them, not all) is an extension of the siege mentality, 'everyone against us' think Pulis whipped up from 2008-13ish.

Everyone hates them. Everyone wants to see them fail. Everything is an affront; whether its (rightly) being last on MOTD after a 0-0 draw, or someone suggesting that Shawcross could have maybe tackled Ramsey with less aggression, or someone suggesting the Bet365 is a miserable, soulless enterprise (it is). They've got it ingrained to hate all and everyone. Its media bias. Its the big club bias. etc etc. They never learnt to take a bit of ribbing.

I think the mentality extends to Stoke on Trent as a city too. But the fans who arrived, conveniently, in 2008 and stopped properly attending in 2018 (must have been loads of Saturday jobs going) are the ones born and bred on this siege warfare stuff. Hence being rubbish at rivals taking the mickey. The lads who've been about for a while are better.

Edited by Joe B

Stokes home form over the last 9 games is won 7 and lost 2 do that over a season and they would get something like 50 points from there home games. So o neil has turned them around and done a decent job for them so far just needs improve that away form. 

Love the way Brentford kept playing ,yes on the whole of the game they certainly did not deserve lose today but did thanks to the excellent defensive display from the stoke players .

I wouldn’t be too disheartened if I was a Brentford fan really love the way they play the game .

As for stoke the goalie who finished the season is better than Butland .

Well done to them .

The contracts must be running out asxmore effort at the end of the season than throughout the rest of it .

The money bag club survives on the 45th game of 46 .

i do not personally think that’s owt celebrate 

Imagine if they go down next year while we go up ,Burslem will be booming. Credit where its due but funny how stoke fans were calling for his head a few weeks ago all over social media and now all of a sudden he's the messiah that's gonna get them promoted next season. Fickle lot them lardies are.

2 hours ago, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

As for stoke the goalie who finished the season is better than Butland

Let's face it, I'm better than Butland.

Stoke defended well today but they got lucky with that ref - how was that blatant foul in the box first half not a pen?  That game today was typical Pulis - get a goal up then don't bother to cross the half way line for the rest of the game!

• Haha 1

Open top bus celebrating their survival.

Bryn, Ange the squash player and Martin Smith guests of honour. 

Should be a fun day out, be there or be square. 

Ps Champions next season, I've been told in good faith the Jamieson's swiller is a top manager 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Open top bus celebrating their survival.
Bryn, Ange the squash player and Martin Smith guests of honour. 
Should be a fun day out, be there or be square. 

Ps Champions next season, I've been told in good faith the Jamieson's swiller is a top manager 
Even happier now they haven't been relegated. IMG_20200728_163559.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, ginginator said:

This needs a bump up. Season starts soon so this thread will be busy. 

Never say never mate but i think last season was the one .

This year Sheff Wed begin minus 12 and they finished below Stoke anyway. Also Wycombe, Rotherham and usual suspects Luton, Barnsley, will be at the bottom i predict.

• 5 weeks later...

After one win, they're at it again!  Yes folks, it appears to be promotion time again and Michael O'connor is a gifted genius. Admittedly the Wolves win is commendable,  but just hearing the general OTT  cringeworthy reaction on Radio Sjoke is a classic example of what we've become accustomed to.

I know that we've got one or two ourselves,  but most of us try to temper our dreams with a measure of reality so that they don't become ridiculous expectations. I'm not saying that they won't do well, but to listen to them you'd think that they're already on the verge of promotion. 

The bottom line is, that's just we've come to expect from and why we celebrate when their ingrained arrogance is repeatedly shredded when stark reality kicks them in the b@@ls.