Jump to content
Iron Curtain

Players in and Out

Recommended Posts

Our new goalie has got a glowing send off from Darlington fans...

Hopefully working under Brown and having proper full time coaching will bring him on. Screenshot_20190801_075504_com.android.chrome.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

Our new goalie has got a glowing send off from Darlington fans...

Hopefully working under Brown and having proper full time coaching will bring him on. 

Do many fans have positive things to say about their own players anyway? We probably only have Brown that doesn’t split opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably thought he would walk into any league 2 club, might make him realize he should have bucked his ideas up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

Our new goalie has got a glowing send off from Darlington fans...

Hopefully working under Brown and having proper full time coaching will bring him on. Screenshot_20190801_075504_com.android.chrome.jpeg

The last time Darlington fans didn't rate someone we signed from them, we ended up selling him for £300,000 to Sheff Wed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having said that, I thought it was odd that Maddison was on trial for so long before being given a deal.

Surely if Askey rated him, he'd have signed him sooner? Seems like he wasn't fully sure and maybe waiting for someone else first? Or was it Ronnie Sinclair that was making this decision?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

The last time Darlington fans didn't rate someone we signed from them, we ended up selling him for £300,000 to Sheff Wed!

He ain’t efe, he’s his brother.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Says on profile SIGNED 28/7/19  ! Have I missed something ?

Alex Hurst played for Bradford on Tuesday against Terriers U19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Having said that, I thought it was odd that Maddison was on trial for so long before being given a deal.

Surely if Askey rated him, he'd have signed him sooner? Seems like he wasn't fully sure and maybe waiting for someone else first? Or was it Ronnie Sinclair that was making this decision?

Askeys comments don’t exactly make him sound great in his interview yesterday. Said he did ok in the matches and has got some things he needs to improve on. Hopefully brown stays fit anyway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't hear his interview but with a reserve goalie we are not going to sign a player of proven quality.

Whoever it is will need to bide their time, watch Brown and try and work hard and improve. Confidence seems to be a big thing with keepers.

I'm not too worried. He might not play much but he's still young for a keeper and learning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Louis Dodds has signed for Chorley. They are now Ernies favourite team. 

I'm surprised he isn't playing higher than that but if they are paying him a decent wage and it isn't far to travel maybe the ducks are in a row for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Louis Dodds has signed for Chorley. They are now Ernies favourite team. 
Good luck to him, feel as though 99% of vale fans have a genuine soft spot for that bloke, both as a man and as a player during his first stint.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy