onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

A whole week to freshen and tune up for the visit of a team in a play-off position instead of the recent run of 6 pointers. An early goal before they settle, they have lost to Notts and Morecambe recently, so must be suspect although Ward their loan keeper from Reading has been performing very well. So three home wins on the trot, why not?

Advert

As mentioned on the run in thread FGR form has been poor recently, the win against Colchester a rarity in recent weeks so one we should feel we can win.

They like to knock it about on the deck so one where the high press may force errors like Mansfield?

Hopefully we can win this and be all but secure for another season of league football.

Tough game this they are doing so well .

Moving house on sat,so will pay on day if i get chance go as was delighted by what i saw on my last game v Mansfield.

Team well v Swindon we didnt seem get going so it gives the squad a chance force there way into the starting xl and will give Askey something worth considering as 3 games in a week seemed one to many for most as we never got going yet we got a point despite been very poor .

My team is the same team as the previous 3 games but would think of changing it earlier if players aint at it as the likes of Pope Montano Whitfield should be raring to go .

Id even consider Gibbons in a role as the driving midfielder if anyone at it in there isnt at it as he as a drive in him which centrally id like to see as i think theres a goal or two in him

UTV

"Id even consider Gibbons in a role as the driving midfielder if anyone at it in there isnt at it as he as a drive in him which centrally id like to see as i think theres a goal or two in him." (V f in A)

Surprisingly, I would agree with you on this - and it's not that often I agree with your views!! And I would certainly put him there rather than Kay if Manny got injured again.

Let up on the intensity even by 1% and we’ll drop points. If we’re sufficiently up for it, I think we’ll win and that’s very very important with some difficult games to come. On paper, one of the better chances for 3 points. Gibbons in the centre holding? Funnily enough, I think that would be an interesting plan B too.

Let up on the intensity even by 1% and we’ll drop points. If we’re sufficiently up for it, I think we’ll win and that’s very very important with some difficult games to come. On paper, one of the better chances for 3 points. Gibbons in the centre holding? Funnily enough, I think that would be an interesting plan B too.

Gibbons at right back and Clark at left back.

Swindon seemed to target Crooks as our weakness on Saturday.

Gibbons also links up well with Worrall and they cover each other when Gibbons goes on one of his runs up the wing.

The same team if all fit for me. Same work ethic and confidence levels. Hopefully, fair weather to play in that doesn't ruin the game. Then Forrest Green look very beatable. I do believe we are a much better team than our league position if team play and confidence grow from playing together. That is the route to consistency.

As above, got to be the same team for me too. Seems the right time to play these, given they have the 2nd best away form in the league, & we did have the worst home...both teams form is drastically different in the past few games, & no reason we can't get at them like we did with Yeovil & Mansfield.

Gibbons at right back and Clark at left back.

Swindon seemed to target Crooks as our weakness on Saturday.

Gibbons also links up well with Worrall and they cover each other when Gibbons goes on one of his runs up the wing.

Personally I have no issue with Crookes at Left Back, and struggle to see why he has become the new Dodds / Kay on here.

He has been ever present in our recent revival, where we have conceded just 2 goals in 5 games, picking up 8 points along the way when we looked dead and buried a month ago.

Like all our squad he has limitations (Gibbo gets caught too high up / Legge lacks pace / Smith lacks height etc, etc.) but as a collective the back four are performing well, helping secure a valuable clean sheet / point last week when we were not at our best.

Agree Gibbo very unlucky to lose his place, but likewise Clark has done little wrong and looks far better at RB than LB and has also linked up well with Worrall.

Gibbo’s Day will come again, but for now see no reason to disturb the current starting eleven who collectively are performing above the sum of their parts.

Archived