onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics bid turned down

Jacko51

At the end of the day as much as I don't particularly like it. He is the owner and it's up to him and not us how much he sells the club for.

If I ever sell my house it would be up to me how much I accept. Same concept.

However as somebody ages ago said on here, you wouldn't buy a mansion then let a huge hole appear in the roof, dry rot set in and a 20 foot high lawn and expect to get your money back.

The offer is more than fair, if he dislikes it so much, take the money and run.

Run fat boy run

Advert

At the end of the day as much as I don't particularly like it. He is the owner and it's up to him and not us how much he sells the club for.

But if somebody offered you £500k for a house worth half of that would you turn them down.

However as somebody ages ago said on here, you wouldn't buy a mansion then let a huge hole appear in the roof, dry rot set in and a 20 foot high lawn and expect to get your money back.

The offer is more than fair, if he dislikes it so much, take the money and run.

Run fat boy run

He got the club on the cheap but he has put an enormous amount of money into the club.

I can't see why he doesn't deserve all his investment back.

This is not a house, it is a community football club. Big difference

I think you should sell your house . Now.
No. I've spent £150,000 doing it up as it was rotten to the core. Paid £50,000 for it. Should I now sell it for what I paid for it?

Or should I have just let it crumble and not pumped money into it to keep it from falling down?

I would if I'd paid a million on the upkeep and to stop it falling down.

If you spent £1 million stopping a house worth £250k from falling down, then I would say that you are on a par with Gorm. But then again, most on here think you are anyway.

Folks - I know it's Vale's future and many strong emotions are at play but can we please refrain from personal insults and/or threats. I am sure we can debate this issue without such language.

If there are any posts on here that contain threats please let me or the Admin team know and we will remove forthwith. We post-moderate so we may have inadvertently missed some.

Thanks,

Rob

The Synectics bid makes sense as I'm sure the Shanahans , having been regular Vale supporters, will have seen the sense of scrapping the existing ground, and turning it into extra office and business space.

They could then invest further in a small 15,000 seater stadium which would sit between where the training ground is and Stanfields. There would be walking paths from Dimensions and the neighbouring streets and the Synthetics premises

THAT has to be the way forward now

Has anyone got any evidence to support this belief that Norman has put loads in to the club? Anything at all? What we do know is that he takes the income from the concourse sales. He even wanted to keep that if he sold. So we basically have his word that he's stuck loads in. That's worth a lot given his history!

"Norman Smurthwaite says he won't be giving any public interview UNTIL THE CLUB IS SAFE".

What if we go down? Then what?

A non-league club isn't worth as much as a L2 club.

What he basically means is, he thinks we will go down and won’t have to give a public interview.

Archived