onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics bid turned down

Jacko51

The Synectics bid makes sense as I'm sure the Shanahans , having been regular Vale supporters, will have seen the sense of scrapping the existing ground, and turning it into extra office and business space.

They could then invest further in a small 15,000 seater stadium which would sit between where the training ground is and Stanfields. There would be walking paths from Dimensions and the neighbouring streets and the Synthetics premises

THAT has to be the way forward now

This is probably the last thing I will say on this matter. The only way forward now is to appease Norman Smurthwaite.

As much as you won't like to hear it. The protests are just making him dig his heels in even further.

I'm sure some of you are starting to realise that now

Advert

This is probably the last thing I will say on this matter. The only way forward now is to appease Norman Smurthwaite.

As much as you won't like to hear it. The protests are just making him dig his heels in even further.

That wouldn't be wise in fact it would be very stupid

I see synetics have issued a statement that it was Norman’s suggestion that he receive it in instalments. It’s like a bad soap opera this, with arguments being issued back and forth.

Putting money into a home or a ground for its upkeep and general maintenance and saying you are entitled to get that money back is a poor analogy. That maintenance is a part of every property up and down the country. Fixing leaks, painting, replacing worn out stuff doesn’t automatically add value.

No. I've spent £150,000 doing it up as it was rotten to the core. Paid £50,000 for it. Should I now sell it for what I paid for it?

Or should I have just let it crumble and not pumped money into it to keep it from falling down?

Where’s the evidence that he has put this money in?

Who else has kept the club afloat? We don't get enough in attendance at the moment to pay all the bills

Income from the gate is about 35% of the club's income. There should be plenty of money to pay the bills if the club is managed properly.

Thanks Norman

At the moment it's obvious to me a lot of you are angry at Norman Smurthwaite.

I have a different opinion to some of you because I like to look at both sides of the coin.

I don't let my emotions run away with me.

If you are angry with Norman don't take that anger out on me.

No. I've spent £150,000 doing it up as it was rotten to the core. Paid £50,000 for it. Should I now sell it for what I paid for it?

Or should I have just let it crumble and not pumped money into it to keep it from falling down?

He's not spent money "doing it up", using your analogy of selling a house, he's adding utility bills and weekly food shop to the value. Nothing he's spent has improved the saleable asset.

Archived