onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics bid turned down

Jacko51

Stop with the insults, it doesn’t reflect well on your ability to debate.

If he’s a crook, where is the evidence?

Don’t patronise me James.

Just google his tenure, his quotes and his constant lies.

Oh man I can’t wait to find your shiny head in person to debate all of this. 🤫

Advert

Agreed, it would be great if they sorted the finance and offered the whole lot to Smurf to walk away.

I think it would be rejected again though and he'd have to think of another reason to state publicly.

But at least then he’d have to come out and say why and Synetics would prove their point.

It is odd why anyone would buy a club with staged payments, I can’t find many if any instances of it.

The problem is not buying the Vale, but keeping it afloat. Borrowing money is realistic if it generates funds to pay the interest and pay off the loan, not many clubs below the Championship can do that. A risky thing to do, not many people willing to do that unless emotionally evolved, not many multi-millionaires about, a consortium may be another way. Settling on a fair price is another problem.

Spot on!

It’s not too far a stretch to think he’s right, albeit for the wrong reasons. Synetics are bidding and their below par (knowingly or otherwise) helps their cause in the eyes of the fans.

Think reasonably, who wants an owner who can’t even afford the purchase price? Only an idiot. Another bid will come (if they’re serious), guaranteed

I agree,with a different timescale of payments.Currently a good offer but needs to be more up front.

You can say what you like but it’s dangerous to do so without any proof whatsoever.

Couldn’t care less.

Hundreds have said worse.

If he wants to come out and challenge it with open transparency and detailed accounts. And much much more I could throw at him, then that’s up to him.

Thing is, this isn’t an overnight thing.

I’ll give you one example out in the open.

A couple of years ago he scuppered a box being sold by the marketing department by getting rid of them out of the room, taking over negotiations and saying if you pay in cash you’ll get x amount of discount.

You see James. You come on here. Spamming every thread and in reality pal you know Jack.

There are people who know how this man works. I could tell you a whole lot more but 1) I don’t like you and 2) you don’t come across as a Vale fan.

So before you carry on piping up, thinking your king ding a ling, laughing in the faces of decent people who know a hell of a lot more than you do..... Think on.

Anyone who still believes Smurthwaite is the best man for Port Vale needs to give their head a wobble.

After todays revelations it has been proved to me more than anything that he is toxic,dangerous and someone who can't lie straight in bed.

The very existence of the club is at risk.

The WUM's on here really are a disgrace.

When one business takes over another, in a multi-million pound deal is all the cash paid up front or are the payments staged? When Premier League team buys an expensive footballer in a multi-million pound deal is all the cash paid up front or is the deal staged? When someone who has something to sell asks the buyer to consider staged payments, which they then offer, why in the name of God does the seller then shout in the press about mortgages?

Norman Smurthwaite is to sensible business practice what King Herod was to child welfare.

Good offer Jean,more than I expected.It appears they want to buy without loans.Sensible as long as the other company is making enough to cover it.I think a shorter timescale for purchase may clinch it.

Couldn’t care less.

Hundreds have said worse.

If he wants to come out and challenge it with open transparency and detailed accounts. And much much more I could throw at him, then that’s up to him.

Thing is, this isn’t an overnight thing.

I’ll give you one example out in the open.

A couple of years ago he scuppered a box being sold by the marketing department by getting rid of them out of the room, taking over negotiations and saying if you pay in cash you’ll get x amount of discount.

You see James. You come on here. Spamming every thread and in reality pal you know Jack.

There are people who know how this man works. I could tell you a whole lot more but 1) I don’t like you and 2) you don’t come across as a Vale fan.

So before you carry on piping up, thinking your king ding a ling, laughing in the faces of decent people who know a hell of a lot more than you do..... Think on.

Or 3 you don’t know anything / can’t prove anything and are just throwing insults around pal. Easy to do when you can’t put rationale into a debate.

Anyone who still believes Smurthwaite is the best man for Port Vale needs to give their head a wobble.

After todays revelations it has been proved to me more than anything that he is toxic,dangerous and someone who can't lie straight in bed.

I think you need to calm down now bd.Things are in motion.Let the two parties sort it out.

True but financing would be in advance of an offer- it doesn’t work the other way round! Plus no one is willingly funding the purchase of Port Vale at a corporate level, it’s utter lunacy.

They will if it's guaranteed by a decent company next door. It's minimal risk if they are buying the club via their company rather than as an individual

Spot on 100%.

I think it’s a huge stretch, considering Carol has fought back earlier in reply to him, stating that it was HIM who wanted staggered payments?

I also ask you. Wasn’t he more than happy to take the Hugill payments by method of a “mortgage”?

Do we take it Preston are skint?

It’s common business practice.

As for those who suggest Carol hasn’t got the money. How’s this so called multi millionaire working out for us right now?

“He’s put his money in. Fair play” I hear people cry, still.

So you could argue a multi millionaire doesn’t work.

Now, back to Carol and Kevin. What they will bring is their business acumen to take this club forward. It won’t be throwing millions at it but they will have a model and a plan. Something we’ve lacked for years.

They also have HUGE contacts in the likes of Autonet, KMF Metal to name two. Big companies who are fans who WILL invest and move this club forward.

Look at where we are. Look at what’s being offered and take away Smurthwaites lies.

Regardless of if it’s over 5 years, 4.65 million is a hell of a lot more than this club is worth. 1.25 mill up front is MORE than he paid for it and we are in a worse position on and off the field now. That’s fact. No getting away from it.

He bought the club for 1.25 mill with 600k of STs sales ringfenced. Money that magically disappeared may I add. So in theory he/Paul Wildes/whoever paid 650k for the club.

Think about all of that and then come back and debate it with me.

This is all sentimental nonsense. Sorry, if what you say is true the club would already be sold. It’s “if” not “will”.

I’m sorry for persistently living in the real world.

Based on football manager player values, not the best example.

Let’s be honest 3.5 million (plus Hughil cash in Jan 2020) is a more than decent offer, it’s how the deal is structured and whether the owner feels he can get more that are the sticking points.

Who honestly thought he’d get an offer of 3.9 million, I certainly didn’t so maybe he can get more.

Archived