onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics bid turned down

Jacko51

I'm just waiting to read that the accident was stage managed.

It was a body double. Brian Blessed with a grey wig on.

Seemed to go away as soon as it came, just what were his injuries?

Another peculiar incident involving our very own Walter Mitty

Advert

Whatever Norman's reasons for turning down this offer, his reply to the Shanahans is absolutely disgraceful, not an ounce of decency let alone professionalism. He clearly couldn't care less what happens to this club as long as owning it suits his purposes, whatever they are. If he wanted to alienate the fan base even more, if that were possible, he's going the right way about it. But then perhaps that's the way he wants it.

I wonder if the usual suspects will be out defending his behaviour after this?

It’s hard to see anyone defending that. He definitely wants to have his cake and eat it, and I’m convinced that it’s all out of spite now. He has no interest in the club whatsoever . Money is his God. Given the current climate , his answer was nothing short of sexism as well, and I’m not remotely pc. A pat on Carol Shanahan’s head , telling her to go away and be a good little woman. I’m surprised he didn’t tell her to get in the kitchen as well.

This would have been a major boost to the whole community, the fans, players and manager , going to Notts County. Ok, we’re not a good team by any means , but a huge weight would have been lifted , and we’d all have something to look forward to. It’s not over yet, though. Now, who was it that said :

“ Off with his head” UTV

It’s hard to see anyone defending that. He definitely wants to have his cake and eat it, and I’m convinced that it’s all out of spite now. He has no interest in the club whatsoever . Money is his God. Given the current climate , his answer was nothing short of sexism as well, and I’m not remotely pc. A pat on Carol Shanahan’s head , telling her to go away and be a good little woman. I’m surprised he didn’t tell her to get in the kitchen as well.

This would have been a major boost to the whole community, the fans, players and manager , going to Notts County. Ok, we’re not a good team by any means , but a huge weight would have been lifted , and we’d all have something to look forward to. It’s not over yet, though. Now, who was it that said :

“ Off with his head” UTV

The only successful business people I can see are the ones whose business has a view of Vale park.

Anyone have any idea of the price any other Lge 2 clubs have been sold for in the last year or so, particularly those in the bottom half of the table as this type if figure would give a better indication of a possible value of Vale (Club and ground).

In a BBC article yesterday, Alan Hardy the Notts Chairman said Notts were expecting a bid from an "Overseas consortium) this week which doesn't seem to have materialized (Most probably a Smurthwaite type of buyers). If this did happen the value would be a decent yardstick for the value of the Vale.

Something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

Scumthwaite has taken us to the bottom of the league, made us a laughing stock, yet still wont sell. It makes you wonder what makes this vile individual tick. Something not right or he is up to something because if relegated the value will be nowhere near this figure.

Norman you've really disturbed a hornets nest now, there are now fans that thought the sunshine shone out of your big fat backside, have now turned against you, I hope you know you're messing about with the minds of dedicated football fans, who love this football club, and will do any thing to protect it. I just want to appeal to any hot headed Vale fans out there, to just keep your cool, and don't doe anything stupid, just keep any protest peaceful.

Like just about everyone else I am very unhappy with the owner's decision and the dismissive, totally disrespectful reply to Carol. Surely he must realise that he has forfeited the trust of Port Vale fans in perpetuity. Protests will continue to ramp up, and the value of his asset will continue to diminish. The offer is effectively circa £4million if he is able to keep the remaining Hugill money.

I have serious doubts as to his motives, in fact I already had serious doubts, I just have more serious ones now. His is sitting on a community asset, with no development plan for the future, no strategy for engagement with the community. At the same time he is building up searing resentment, fuelled as much as anything by his continued lack of veracity and openness. This can only end badly for everyone if he does not right now exit Port Vale having made a lot of money out of us.

I'm afraid he's in the box seat unless someone is prepared to cough up his valuation.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. The arrogance is bluster. He isn't as invulnerable as he likes to think.

Archived