yorky valiant

Vales new manager

Shrewsbury lost a hell of a lot of goals from the side who made the playoff final, pretty much before Askey even came in, in his defence.

However from what the locals tell me here he didn't really endear himself to the fanbase with certain comments and although not many Shrews fans expected anything like last season the style of football was pretty dull, and with some pretty ropey performances early doors they never took to him. Apparently he also had a very strange habit of not actually taking the training sessions with the players from what I've heard(although that could be complete ******** but I've heard it off 3 different people).

That said his one signing of quality has turned out to be the black lad upfront in Okenbirhie(sp?) he's banged in 10-12 in an avg-poor side but was injured and on the bench for much of Askey's time there. He's scored most of the goals since he went!

I heard Monday that the players were told during the day that Aspin was going on Wednesday, with the new manager coming in on Thursday. So we’ll see today if that’s the case but it seems like he was already lined up to come in.

Pugh in charge for Sat???

Askey comes later in the week!!!

Smuthwaite blames the lack of signings on Aspin!!! even though I think he may manufactured this scenario!!!!

It makes you wonder why the blue one asked Aspin to stay. Cynically so as he could leave at the very end of the transfer window giving no time for the new manager to spend in the transfer window. Lets be honest no one believed the 400k was ever there , it was Monopoly money. Sorry Mr Chairman you are in the enviable position where none of your customers believes anything you say.

I have just spoken to my colleague who is a season ticket holder at Shrewsbury. He said look forward to dull football and a manager who has absolutely no rapport with the fans. He wasn't impressed with Mr Askeys tenure.

I have just spoken to my colleague who is a season ticket holder at Shrewsbury. He said look forward to dull football and a manager who has absolutely no rapport with the fans. He wasn't impressed with Mr Askeys tenure.
fits the bill then for Gorm.

Darrell Clarke

A final option for Vale could be Darrell Clarke – another manager who finds himself out of work having been sacked earlier on in the season.

The 41-year old endured a turbulent time as manager of Bristol Rovers – he couldn’t save the Gas from being relegated to the National League in 2013/14, but then went on to achieve back-to-back promotions, taking the club up to League One in the space of two years.

Clarke won 104 out of 246 games in charge of the Bristol club, and he could now be looking to get back into management after over a month without a job.

So it looks like the new man hasn't been lined up and ready to be put in place today after all.

So it looks like the new man hasn't been lined up and ready to be put in place today after all.

Nothing surprises me any longer, under this incompetent owner.

The longer he leaves it the less wages he will have to pay, typical Smurthwaite.

Darrell Clarke

A final option for Vale could be Darrell Clarke – another manager who finds himself out of work having been sacked earlier on in the season.

The 41-year old endured a turbulent time as manager of Bristol Rovers – he couldn’t save the Gas from being relegated to the National League in 2013/14, but then went on to achieve back-to-back promotions, taking the club up to League One in the space of two years.

Clarke won 104 out of 246 games in charge of the Bristol club, and he could now be looking to get back into management after over a month without a job.

The ideal man for me.