onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin close to leaving the Vale ?? Staying

Fosse69

Speaks volumes that Kanu and Quigley are now at Boreham Wood and Halifax yet we in particular with Kanu were expecting him to be selected.

Shows what we all know I guess . Hardly a clamour of clubs chasing them I bet

Hard to gauge the success of loan signings. Clubs now bring them in because they know they won't be able to once the window closes. What they cost varies from board and lodgings with the loaning club paying the wages to a loan fee and covering all the wages. The days when Rudge could go in to a season with a first team squad of 17 and bring loan players in to cover injuries are in the past due to transfer windows and larger benches. So unless we know how much each one cost it's hard to pass judgement.

The obvious benefit to Vale has been getting Benns, Calverley and Angus game time. Without these loan players at the club they'd have been kicking their heals with a odd reserve appearance now and then. All the players brought in have at least had some game time which they probably wouldn't have had if they stayed at their parent club.

Advert

...Other then say, quite regularly that performances haven't been acceptable I don't think I've ever heard Neil take responsibility for any of those performances

It's either the forwards not scoring enough, defender's not being switched on or making bad mistakes, the midfield for not creating, lack of effort or whatever else he may think of, and now his fate is in the hands of the players!!

No Neil, it's totally in your hands mate, you train them, you pick the teams and where they play within it, and you and you alone are responsible for the tactics they play, not them...

So if a player makes a mistake on the pitch, that's Aspin's fault? Ask any manager - they will tell you that the minute they cross the line onto the pitch is the minute they are responsible for their own actions / inactions / reactions! Tell a striker to score more goals; give him better coaching and all the support he needs and he still might miss those sitters!

So if a player makes a mistake on the pitch, that's Aspin's fault? Ask any manager - they will tell you that the minute they cross the line onto the pitch is the minute they are responsible for their own actions / inactions / reactions! Tell a striker to score more goals; give him better coaching and all the support he needs and he still might miss those sitters!

Where are all these sitters our strikers are missing?

Haven't you stated previously that Aspin is your absolute idol, and even that your username on here was created in honour of him as that's how you regard him?

As such, I suspect that he can do no wrong whatsoever in your eyes, no matter what occurs during his management. (....your posts/drivel on this thread certainly seem to back that up!)

Thank you for your constructive well thought out views. ‘Drivel’ is a wonderful word and I hope you let me borrow it to describe the dross I watched and assume you did over the previous 2 seasons prior to Aspo and ‘Sir’ John taking control of this dire situation. Aspo, Deano and Foyley were all my heroes and will ever remain so from a playing point of view. That will never diminish despite how poor Deano was as a manager and to a far lesser extent that of Tin Foyle. Aspo has, under exceptional circumstances, done an excellent job to date and I hope will continue to grow in the role now that plebs like you have heard the majority speak in favour of the great man. As with everything else, you was wrong regarding the username that is in respect of the greatest player ever to walk upon this earth - Ray Walker. Now if Aspo goes perhaps you and I can campaign to bring him in as manager. What do you think?

It was an example of how the manager cannot influence every single thing that goes on on the pitch - sorry I had to explain for you.

Right, the manager can't influence things like tactics or playing style then? Not down to him in any way that we aren't creating any chances? He doesn't have impact by signing or picking players either? Why even have a manager?

Archived