onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Macclesfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Anybody who watched the start of last season will know Kay is not a defender. He’s actually a decent holding midfielder which should allow other players to push further forward. It’s up to them players to work hard and make the difference.

I wish people would stop saying 5 center halves when it’s not the case.

Anybody who watched the start of last season will know Kay is not a defender. He’s actually a decent holding midfielder which should allow other players to push further forward. It’s up to them players to work hard and make the difference.

I wish people would stop saying 5 center halves when it’s not the case.

By trade Kay is a centre half. The only reason we moved him to midfield was because he was so poor there.

We pick smith legge rawlinson vassell and Kay. That makes 5.

I didn’t like Vassel first couple of games and he was poor on Saturday. However, he’s generally doing well at getting up to pace in the LB position and has done easily enough to persist with. These lads need games to get up to league level and for me, he’s worth it.

Totally disagree with the idea of trying to convert a centre half to left back or right back. He's learning the position as he goes, when we should be using Clark and Gibbons in their correct positions instead of making do with centre halfs there. Anyone that saw Vassell play at Walsall the other week will know its plain as day where his best position is and thats as a centre half.

Anyone that saw Vassell play at Walsall the other week will know its plain as day where his best position is and thats as a centre half.

I do wonder if Vassell’s mistake which led to the first goal on Saturday came from an instinct to head the ball away instead of out into touch.

I don't go many away these days so hopefully we'll be better than the last time I went Macc. The prospect of a team with five centre backs is why most are doom and gloom before this one and why we're scraping 3000 at home.

It's hard to be optimistic when we create so little and rarely keep clean sheets.

Just scored 11 goals in 4 matches hows that negative? We need to defend better.

How many have we won ?

And please don't count the 4 in the paint pot.

Reason for doom and gloom is they have won 3 out of 4. As per Morecambe and Cheltenham it's perceived as an easy game on here.

Has typical Vale written all over it. Apart from Crewe we generally flop in front of good support.

Exeter and Carlisle are better sides than us and Macc have recently beaten them both.

4-5--1 please Neil !!!

Macclesfield 1- 3 Vale. No matter what side we put out and who manages us

Kay has played as a defensive midfielder in the Championship.

He's also played as a centreforward, full back and attacking midfield player. He started out in midfield. I suspect he's played marginally more often at centrehalf.

Shame about the Northern Rail strikes again on Saturday ruling out travel on the train from Longport, Kidsgrove and Congleton. Means only train option is from Stoke and they are at home to Millwall the same day.

whats parking like around the ground on matchday, been past many times never noticed any car parks

Archived