onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Macclesfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Hmmm....did you watch today? Aspin is clueless. We need a change of we are to progress. We will never get out of this division, or close to getting out, whilst Aspin is in charge.

We will never get out of this division(regardless of manager) with Smurf as owner.We need investment from the guy who said he could afford to get us into the championship.He is not a Port vale fan,merely a property portfolio owner,period.

Advert

We won't move forward with this squad.

It’s clear we need some additions, but I think we have the makings of a half decent side if players are played in the right positions and if we have someone who can instill a game plan and tactics in to the side.

We will never get out of this division(regardless of manager) with Smurf as owner.We need investment from the guy who said he could afford to get us into the championship.He is not a Port vale fan,merely a property portfolio owner,period.
I agree that Smurf is a massive problem for the long term survival of our club. I would love to see a change right now. In addition to an awful owner we have a manager who is definitely not getting the best out of the players. I spoke to two people last week who are associated with the club and both said he is out of his depth.

We know Smurf won't change it as Aspin is the cheap option. I can only see numbers of fans falling. The negativity in the away end yesterday was very evident. I hope Aspin proves me wrong but I don't see any sign of that just yet.

Whitfield came on for Monty and did nowt. In fact was worse.

Miller has done nowt all season apart from the Cambridge free kick in the first game.

We played 4-4-2 half the game.

We are not very good. We got a point. Get real. Move on.

Whitfield came on for about 15 minutes; is that what we're judging him on now?

We played 442 for the last 30 minutes, with two immobile target men.

This squad is far better than 15th playing turgid football; its problem is with the manager. His refusal to play proper pacey fullbacks, his love of a decrepit and lumbering Anthony Kay in the middle, his denial that Pope needs pace and creativity around him, his obvious dislike of a good player like Whitfield.

The players aren't sent out with a gameplan and clearly haven't been coached on things like ball retention. We got outpassed by a team bottom of the 92, with 4 wins this season, with a manager 4 games into his coaching career at any level. At with a much poorer squad he out-coached Aspin, a man 700 games in.

The only reason we're not very good is the manager. I'm not going to get real, take a point, a move on when we nick a draw away at the 92nd best professional team in the country thanks to us getting lucky that Scott Brown wanted a shorter commute.

Get real.

Santa et al have made a very good point; we pasted a clearly woeful Yeovil with this set up and Aspin has steadfastly refused to deviate from the system and 95% of the lineup (the only change yesterday was enforced, suggesting he was quite content with the abject game last Saturday).

It looks to me that there's very little game-to-game alterations based on opposition. Its lob a few changes into the mix, hopes it sticks, then roll with it until things go wrong. He did the same with the 5 at the back/wingbacks formation; worked once and then we were subjected to it despite it clearly not working.

Whitfield came on for Monty and did nowt. In fact was worse.

Miller has done nowt all season apart from the Cambridge free kick in the first game.

We played 4-4-2 half the game.

We are not very good. We got a point. Get real. Move on.

There is a reason we’re not very good and I don’t think it’s the squad.

Half a match? Don’t think so...

Hard for Whitfield to make an Impact with so little time on the pitch.

Miller has struggled of late when picked but again like Whitfield it’s for 20 minute spells here and there they need starts.

I still beleive if we picked Whitfield miller and pope from the start we would cause a lot of issues for sides in this league. certainly much more than we are now.

Your ‘get real’ is embarrassing. Get real? We’ve just drawn whilst being outplayed to bottom of league after scraping two last minute points against two other sides right at the bottom (who convieniently both outplayed us) (oh and with much smaller budgets). If this is the way vale fans think now then I’m done. Accepting. A point at bottom of the league. It’s ******* embarrassing!

We’ve picked up 3 from 9 against sides at or around the bottom. That’s basically the same as if we’d won one and lost two. Considering the sides in question were Cheltenham, Morecombe and Macc - all theoretically ‘smaller’ teams than us - you have to say that any combination of results against those teams with the points yield is unacceptable. Not average, poor.

Also Iistened to the Aspin’s post-match interview on Radio Joke. How does this guy motivate anyone??? I’d sooner sit through the Queens speech on repeat than one of his team talks if that’s a sample.

That said, Blakeman’s questioning was pretty useless as per 😡

his love of a decrepit and lumbering Anthony Kay in the middle

Get real.

The sad fact is that he has still been better then Oyleke and conlon. Both in my opinion have been pathetic just recently but seem to be above criticism.

Kay shouldn’t be playing that’s clear, but always a trier and professional. How many points would we have from the last 3 games without him?

Before anyone thinks I am making a case for Kay to have the keys to the city, I am not. I am just pointing out that we would have been up **** creak without him in the last few games so maybe just maybe we need to be pointing the finger at some of our younger so called better played to step up to the ******* plate!

Guest TommyMac
The sad fact is that he has still been better then Oyleke and conlon. Both in my opinion have been pathetic just recently but seem to be above criticism.

Kay shouldn’t be playing that’s clear, but always a trier and professional. How many points would we have from the last 3 games without him?

Before anyone thinks I am making a case for Kay to have the keys to the city, I am not. I am just pointing out that we would have been up **** creak without him in the last few games so maybe just maybe we need to be pointing the finger at some of our younger so called better played to step up to the ******* plate!

Correct, I've lost count of the number of times, in the last 3 games, Conlon and Oyleke have allowed opposing midfielders to stroll past them with the ball. I doubt either have broken sweat in those 3 games.

No issue with Kay's commitment but he fundamentally isn't good enough.

Time and time again yesterday he was bypassed, swatted aside like an irritating fly, by the more mobile Silkmen midfielders.

His distribution borders on the embarrassing, and his age has caught up with him.

There is a time and a place for Anthony Kay, but starting and playing the 90 in 3 games against the bottom 6 isn't one of them.

Grateful for his last minute goals, but if we had played with Whitfield in the 10 role at the expense of Kay (with Gibbons and Clarke at FB) I don't think we would have needed last minute equalisers against tripe.

Agree with your point about Oyeleke; really off the boil at present. Conlon at least puts a massive shift in, had to cover a lot of wide areas when Monty/Hannant had gone forward. He gets subbed every week because he covers more ground than any other Vale player.

I'll hypothesise that Manny looks so poor at the present because we bypass him at every opportunity; most of his game is spent watching a Scott Brown long ball sail in the vague direction of a battling Tom Pope, leaving Manny to pick up scrappy second balls, which isn't his game at all.

There isn't even the slightest inclination by Brown (whose kicking is his only weakness) or any of the back 4 to pick a pass; its instant launch to Pope, who was decently marshalled by their CBs. Whether this is their style of play or their instructions, I don't know.

Manny needs to be the focal point of our game; defenders should look for him. On the rare occasion he got the ball to feet yesterday he did manage to beat his man and drive fairly successfully.

I'll reiterate my previous point; this squad is far better than our league position and performances suggest. Aspin is so enamoured by Tom Pope he seems to think every single attack has to go through him, instead of him being on the end of a good cross after a passing move. I'm sick of seeing Brown launch 60 yard balls and seeing Tom sprint over to try and win a flick on to no-one.

Archived