onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sjoke are coming!!!

wwindsor

I suppose the argument would be that designated areas apply to league games only, and that for cup ties a greater % of tickets should be available to the away team, it used to be 25% of the ground capacity, although not always possible at some grounds. But in this case there is large excess capacity, if it is allocated to the away team they would be responsible for any damage as they would be for any in the Hamil. I hope the visitors have been told that the standard of catering in the temporary away area will not be to Hamil quality. I seem to remember a real Derby game when the Railway Paddock was closed to Vale fans.

When Leeds came and trashed parts of the Hamil end they didn’t pay for repairs.Cant remember the actual But last season visiting fans in the Hamil ripped out seats threw them towards the pitch and at Vale fans in the paddock.Vale had to pay for the repairs

Advert

When Leeds came and trashed parts of the Hamil end they didn’t pay for repairs.Cant remember the actual But last season visiting fans in the Hamil ripped out seats threw them towards the pitch and at Vale fans in the paddock.Vale had to pay for the repairs
Bad news that, could not Norman lay down conditions in a non-away area? Maybe it was not worth the bother of making a claim for property damage? Providing CCTV footage etc, identifying culprits? Maybe considered a reasonable cost of having a large number of visitors? Should not policing costs be charged in proportion to the home/away split?

Devils advocate here, but an opinion that seemed to be gathering pace last night. To flip the Health and safety aspect, what's to stop the knuckle draggers who follow vale, to suddenly decide to buy tickets for the paddock and cause absolute mayhem. Is there a duty of care to travelling stoke fans? This could easily happen, and very hard to police if idiots decide they want to make a scene. Norman your playing with fire.

Devils advocate here, but an opinion that seemed to be gathering pace last night. To flip the Health and safety aspect, what's to stop the knuckle draggers who follow vale, to suddenly decide to buy tickets for the paddock and cause absolute mayhem. Is there a duty of care to travelling stoke fans? This could easily happen, and very hard to police if idiots decide they want to make a scene. Norman your playing with fire.
I would argue that it would be Stoke`s responsibility who they sell tickets to, and then only to bona fide fans. Also that there will be no ticket sales on the day, home or away.

Not disagreeing but how exactly do you sell to bona fide fans? We all share the same post codes. All I was saying, if this is a health and safety issue, surely it works both ways?
In Stoke`s case they must have an away ticket priority system which would have accounted for the previous sales, then ST priority. Considering the number of STs they have and the prestigious nature of this mammoth cup-tie against a L2 side who rarely if ever play their first team in this competition, I would be amazed if their tickets go on general sale. I assume after the Railway Paddock has been sold out they will be offered the Railway Stand.

The obvious answer was to give Stoke the normal away end, vale fans the Lorne Street, and that’s it. All ticket, no sales in the day, all flagged up well in advance. In the worst case you’d get probably a dozen Stoke fans in the Vale area, which I’m sure is manageable. But, of course, this is Vale and smurthwaite we’re talking about so common sense and planning goes out of the Window.

In these days giving Vale fans the paddock would have release mayhem at full time, especially if both sets of fans were let loose at the same time,as they do now?

Mind you,the last time I attended a real derby reserve game in 1999 in the Pontins League, both sets of supporters were housed in the Railway Paddock,can't remember any trouble?

How times have changed.

Smurthwaite will kill Port Vale over the next couple of years if the fans who care about our club just sit back and let the ******** suck every bit of lifeblood out the club and shove any money that we generate into his back pocket. The man is pure evil and I have been saying it for a long, long time now. I was ridiculed and called a trouble maker when I first gave my opinion on the man but once again the Old Sage has been proved right and I take no pleasure in highlighting this fact.

We have virtually always been 'strapped for cash' but in the past a good percentage of any money generated by a cup run or the windfall of a sale of a player went to reinforce the team but not with this ******* it all goes into his own pot and I can see no positive future for Port Vale while this bloated idiot is ruling the roost. IN SHORT HE NEEDS DRIVING OUT OF VALE PARK IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!

Archived