onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park?

ollyandpatch

Advert

1615 away fans by the way. Bycars holds 4000 away end 4500 Lorne street 1500 railway 7000 so capacity must be around 16500. We were full against Northampton in promotion season and the crowd was 12500 with 1000 away so there's only space for 11500 home fans. My guess today is 1000 Lorne street 50 family stand 500 bycars 4000 railway 2000 Sunderland so only 300 more than official crowd given. Most people were expecting a crowd around 9000 today but that was more down to the fact we expected 4000 away fans.

According to today,'s attendance Vale Parks capacity must now be about 12k?! Either that or the ghost of Bill Bell (rest his soul) has struck in an FA cup tie again? 1650 fans in the Hamil end with 2800 empty seats.!!!

I do know the railway stand has less seats, as I couldn't get a season ticket next to my lad who renewed , the reason when I queried was since the toilets have been brought into the stand they aren't as big as those that were outside before so they had to reduce seat numbers accordingly,,, which makes sense but not how they have randomly cut off certain seats- would have been more easier just to remove either the last 2 rows or blocks which don't ever get filled.

with regards to the away end it looked around half full at least so either its been reduced or some creativeness going on

I do know the railway stand has less seats, as I couldn't get a season ticket next to my lad who renewed , the reason when I queried was since the toilets have been brought into the stand they aren't as big as those that were outside before so they had to reduce seat numbers accordingly,,, which makes sense but not how they have randomly cut off certain seats- would have been more easier just to remove either the last 2 rows or blocks which don't ever get filled.

with regards to the away end it looked around half full at least so either its been reduced or some creativeness going on

Creativeness? Is that another word for downright lies? The stated away numbers is absolutely nonsense. Hamil End houses nearly 4250 and it was more than half full! Has the Owner inherited Bell's biscuit tin? Lol.

Yawn. We get these nonsense conspiracy theories every time there are more than a handful of away fans in the ground. It always looks like there are more people than are actually present.
We're you there ,sarcastic? Hamil end could NOT have taken 2800 more fans. Clear, unless you are Stevie Wonder, that there were more than was announced! Even Sunderland's forum stated they had sold over 1900 and of course there were also those that paid on the day.

We're you there ,sarcastic? Hamil end could NOT have taken 2800 more fans. Clear, unless you are Stevie Wonder, that there were more than was announced! Even Sunderland's forum stated they had sold over 1900 and of course there were also those that paid on the day.

Wasn’t it reported they had sold 1962 as of last night,so nearly 400 bought tickets then never turned up, plus the pay on the day fans.

Don’t think so.

In terms of ground capacity I would imagine the H&S Exec would have a large say on the matter. I wouldn't like to be in the Railway Stand or any stand at Vale Park if literally every seat was sold, one seat in the Railway Stand only accommodates half an averaged sized person.

I can’t see how the gate can be fiddled , the police box I understand has every click on the turnstile adding up as fans enter each part of the ground, would it be in vales or smurfs interest to fiddle the gate, big punishment I would of thought if get caught, from F A and the tax man

I'm guessing chairmen talk to each other about what can be got away with when it comes to declaring attendances, and that's most likely where our bell-end owner has learnt it from.

Unless he's been speaking to Bill Bell again. The last time it was 6 months after he'd died.

It looked about only half full on TV so maybe 2000 Sunderland fans? The last match I remember it being utterly full was against Preston when they were going for the playoffs in league one.

They did sell 4,000 tickets after being given a full allocation.

Leeds United too when they played us in the league years ago.

The Hamil is a 4K stand and an allocation of that many tickets was confirmed by Sunderland. They were hardly going to offer tickets we didn’t have were they?

The Railway is an odd stand as the low roof on TV makes it look fuller than it is. Nobody seldom stands at the very back as the sightlines are terrible from there due to the low roof.

Plus the Sentinel Family stand is basically derelict these days and the Bycars was as empty as ever.

Lorne Street was far from full too

The attendance seemed about right. The ground still looked under half full of what it could.

It looked about only half full on TV so maybe 2000 Sunderland fans? The last match I remember it being utterly full was against Preston when they were going for the playoffs in league one.

They did sell 4,000 tickets after being given a full allocation.

Leeds United too when they played us in the league years ago.

The Hamil is a 4K stand and an allocation of that many tickets was confirmed by Sunderland. They were hardly going to offer tickets we didn’t have were they?

The Railway is an odd stand as the low roof on TV makes it look fuller than it is. Nobody seldom stands at the very back as the sightlines are terrible from there due to the low roof.

Plus the Sentinel Family stand is basically derelict these days and the Bycars was as empty as ever.

Lorne Street was far from full too

The attendance seemed about right. The ground still looked under half full of what it could.

Sheffield U & Bolton in our relegation season were pretty full

Archived