onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park?

ollyandpatch

I can’t see how the gate can be fiddled , the police box I understand has every click on the turnstile adding up as fans enter each part of the ground, would it be in vales or smurfs interest to fiddle the gate, big punishment I would of thought if get caught, from F A and the tax man
get real, police, Smurf,FA,Tax Man in your statement. OMG.

Advert

1615 away fans by the way. Bycars holds 4000 away end 4500 Lorne street 1500 railway 7000 so capacity must be around 16500. We were full against Northampton in promotion season and the crowd was 12500 with 1000 away so there's only space for 11500 home fans. My guess today is 1000 Lorne street 50 family stand 500 bycars 4000 railway 2000 Sunderland so only 300 more than official crowd given. Most people were expecting a crowd around 9000 today but that was more down to the fact we expected 4000 away fans.

To be fair mate we were nowhere near full v Northampton has there was loads of empty Seats at the Bycars end of the paddock near us, plus they didn't bring that many.

As for today I was working so can't comment however judging by people who watched on TV they viewed the Hamil from a different angle than the Hamil end of the Paddock and again said the 1600 odd was about right.

Odd that 300 who Sunderland claimed purchased tickets didn’t turn up along with no increase on the day but the Hamil did look to have a few empty seats in the blocks, on another point I couldn’t believe how silent Sunderland fans were? I expected them to be really vocal and passionate but barely made any noise even when 2 up. Away crowds a fraction of that have made more noise this season and that stand has great acoustics.

The rest is about right, the bottom end of the railway paddock was pretty empty near the Bycars.

Seemed a few more than normal, can always tell the day trippers in their old tops looking for their seats on their tickets!

Great atmosphere I thought in the home ends for a change. Need that more often.

Odd that 300 who Sunderland claimed purchased tickets didn’t turn up along with no increase on the day but the Hamil did look to have a few empty seats in the blocks, on another point I couldn’t believe how silent Sunderland fans were? I expected them to be really vocal and passionate but barely made any noise even when 2 up. Away crowds a fraction of that have made more noise this season and that stand has great acoustics.

The rest is about right, the bottom end of the railway paddock was pretty empty near the Bycars.

Seemed a few more than normal, can always tell the day trippers in their old tops looking for their seats on their tickets!

Great atmosphere I thought in the home ends for a change. Need that more often.

Apart from sudden illness/work changes etc, which makes travelling impossible (I still have my away ticket for Everton), one reason to buy a ticket is for use in a away ticket loyalty scheme, which Sunderland have, especially if it moves you up a step. ManU fans used to buy bundles of away programmes in the 60s.

I think most of you are nuts!

The end holds 4550. We know that from the Wolves game in 2013 - although there were stories of turnstile operators letting in Wolves fans without tickets to avoid potential issues with fans locked outside but let's ignore that for now.

The netting over the front four rows of seats reduces the capacity to just above 4000. On Sunday, clearly Sunderland filled less than half of the non-netted seats, and stood for the whole match meaning it looked fuller than it was. Oddly, they also filled the seats lower down the stand (especially in the blocks nearest to the Lorne Street) and left the upper 60% of the block empty. Maybe that was so it looked fuller on TV or maybe the Sunderland fans sat in their allocated seats and when being sold they started from bottom to top of the blocks. Ask them to all sit down and remove all netting and you could squeeze them into two blocks with a tiny bit of spillover.

I hate NS as much as the next rationale minded supporter but all talk of massive attendance manipulation is garbage.

Archived