onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Lincoln City

Fosse69

Aspo like us all has made mistakes. Miller should of played at the beginning today instead of Pugh. Rawlinson should have been moved back to centre half and Smith moved back to the bench. Clark moved to right back. We would still have lost but not by such a big margin. We have better players than last year but the loss of Manny and Monty has not helped us. Pope has not been fit for a couple of weeks now so I certainly don’t think he was dropped as some people on here have suggested. Aspo will turn it around.

Advert

Surely that is quite a condescending and snotty response to give to a supporter who may not have been a supporter for as long as you have, and may not have been privileged or able to afford to go as many games as you do (Quite bizarre to throw that at someone when the prices of matches are as extortionate as what they are, particularly for such a low paid area as Stoke on Trent)

I call it a typical leftist's attitude- one size should fit all when it doesn't. What right have you got to take away his opinion regardless of your long affinity to the club. If anyone has the time and money to attend 95% of football matches within a ten year span then count yourself quite lucky indeed...but don't go making yourself to be better than other supporters because of it. I don't attend games for reasons as I have always consistently stated on here and because other people within my social circle don't go either. The club should make more of an effort-you wouldn't even comprehend to consider agreeing with me (And others) because it's too below you isn't it

I don't know Micky Ferns but whoever he is I think you owe him an apology

😂😂😂😂😂

Surely that is quite a condescending and snotty response to give to a supporter who may not have been a supporter for as long as you have, and may not have been privileged or able to afford to go as many games as you do (Quite bizarre to throw that at someone when the prices of matches are as extortionate as what they are, particularly for such a low paid area as Stoke on Trent)

I call it a typical leftist's attitude- one size should fit all when it doesn't. What right have you got to take away his opinion regardless of your long affinity to the club. If anyone has the time and money to attend 95% of football matches within a ten year span then count yourself quite lucky indeed...but don't go making yourself to be better than other supporters because of it. I don't attend games for reasons as I have always consistently stated on here and because other people within my social circle don't go either. The club should make more of an effort-you wouldn't even comprehend to consider agreeing with me (And others) because it's too below you isn't it

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHA

Jean was making a direct response to Micky's frankly ridiculous claim that she wouldn't have seen Aspo as a player, when she probably saw the most of his games of anyone on this site.

Thats what the reference to seeing more games was; a direct response to him saying he'd seen more games.

Who deserves the apology now?

(Also, the bizarre politicisation of this, through the somehow 'leftist' nature of her post, is amongst the weirdest things I've ever seen. Absolutely shocking stuff on your part).

Whotobeakiller needs to go down in history for that.

One of the most ill-advised, ill-conceived posts I've ever seen.

I'm sorry all of you who disagree with me, you're simply left-leaning communists; there is really no other explanation.

Ah ****.

I was clinging to the fact that we were ahead of last season's curve.

As if my saturday evening couldn't get any worse!

What's doubly concerning is we're no further ahead than last season's curve, despite an admittedly bigger budget and what is, on paper, a far better squad.

We also never conceded 6 under Brown, let alone 6 at home.

Worrying times.

Whotobeakiller needs to go down in history for that.

One of the most ill-advised, ill-conceived posts I've ever seen.

I'm sorry all of you who disagree with me, you're simply left-leaning communists; there is really no other explanation.

I would have replied earlier but I was singing the Red Flag!

Mr Ferns, it's you who is the coward, sitting behind you keyboard abusing people anonymously. Can I suggest you go down to the training ground on Monday and tell Aspin to his face what you've said on here. Don't worry - I'll have an ambulance on standby

Support him as much as u want but I guarantee sooner or later them rose tinted glasses will come off, your trying to convince yourself he's a great manager cus he was a decent player for us but it's time for u to wake up. U probably can't even remember him playing but I can and I loved him but he's the worst manager in our history.

We are higher in the league with him in charge than before he came?

Aspo like us all has made mistakes. Miller should of played at the beginning today instead of Pugh. Rawlinson should have been moved back to centre half and Smith moved back to the bench. Clark moved to right back. We would still have lost but not by such a big margin. We have better players than last year but the loss of Manny and Monty has not helped us. Pope has not been fit for a couple of weeks now so I certainly don’t think he was dropped as some people on here have suggested. Aspo will turn it around.

I sincerely hope he does I really do ......I'm not holding my breath though.

He's not totally culpable, Smurthwaite is as much to blame.

First of all, how on earth have you assumed from my post that it was support of Aspin the manager. It was simply support of Aspin as a human being who, whatever his failings as a manager, does not deserve that ludicrously unpleasant abuse you were throwing at him.

I am not trying to convince myself he is a great manager, he is far from that at the moment and has made some poor mistakes since everyone on here thought he was the dog's doodahs after Crewe and Exeter.

With regard to your comment that I probably can't remember him playing, I would point out, young man, that I have had a season ticket since 1974 and I saw somewhere between 90-95% of his games for Vale home and away, which is probably considerably more than you.

On a lighter note- !974 was when I got my first season ticket. A belated 11th birthday present

I don't think he does.

Guest TommyMac

That's a lot of mistakes in just one game. One is almost tempted to ask if a manager who makes so many mistakes should be selecting the team. As an aside, because I must have missed it but who are some people on here who are suggesting Pope was dropped?

Archived