onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Lincoln City

Fosse69

Could we just please move on now? People are reacting like getting beaten by 6, is happening week in week out.

We're not the first team letting in 6, and we defo won't be the last! So let's let the players get on with it, and show us what they can do!

Reading back all the posts from after the game, we all reacted way ott! Emotions were running high, and rightly so! As Lee Nogan say in his interview today, it's not like we let in 6 goals from open play and got played off the park. People just look at the result, and think we got hammered, not looking at the game as a whole. I actually think, that between their first and second goal, we played some good stuff! We should have gone in 0-2 down, but that own goal in 6 minutes overtime, dropped us. And letting in a fourth in the 2nd minute of the second half, totally killed us off. Dreadful times to let in goals, and after the fourth, we are going to drop in confidence and that shows in the way we played.

But I say this, because I really really mean and believe it: it's ONE game! Even the very best of teams have off days, and this was ours. The way people have reacted, you would think we had lost 2-6 to the bottom team in the Evo Stick League... Did I expect us to beat Lincoln? Not really. Look at their squad...

Had we had our best 11, I believe we would have competed better. But being without Manny, Pope and 4 more, was never going to be easy. Would I have setup the players available differently? Sure, but that's not my job! And we could have lined up with the entire Man City squad; if they're not going to defend on corners our set pieces in general, you're going to loose!

But let's move on, and get behind the team again! If not tomorrow because of the shambles that tournament is, then at least at Oldham and Stevenage!

Up the Vale!!!

One game? You mustn’t havnt been many games this or last season then.....

Advert

One game? You mustn’t havnt been many games this or last season then.....

As I live in Denmark, only one a month. Watched the rest on iFollow though.

Did I like it? No.

Did I like it Saturday? No

Have I moved on? Yes. As I don't believe coming on the internet vomiting all over the forums, days on end, does anything for the greater good. I was at Grimsby, and watched Lincoln on iFollow. But instead of holding a grudge, wanting to kill the players because they didn't call me up after the Lincoln game, apologizing individually and wanting to crucify Aspin because he hasn't Skyped me crying while doing Hail Marys, I've booked my place at Stevenage! I would have been at Oldham, but couldn't get a flight.

My point being:

We go 4 games unbeaten, everybody without exception, is praising the squad AND Aspin, talking about the great work they do.

We loose at Grimsby, win against Burton and loose big against the team that without a shadow of a doubt, is going to run away with the League!

All of a sudden, the players are crap, should be put in a pillory on the town square and Aspin should be dipped in tar, rolled in feathers and led through the city in shame.

I'm just asking for a bit of proportion in the discussion... Did people really expect us to go unbeaten through the season???

We are a work in progress, and all work this size will have setbacks. We will have a win, win, draw, loose, loose, draw, win kind of season. So the sooner we accept that, the sooner we all can get off the anti depressants :wink:

Did I like it? No.

Have I moved on? Yes. As I don't believe coming on the internet vomiting all over the forums, days on end, does anything for the greater good. I was at Grimsby, and watched Lincoln on iFollow. But instead of holding a grudge, wanting to kill the players because they didn't call me up after the Lincoln game, apologizing individually and wanting to crucify Aspin because he hasn't Skyped me crying while doing Hail Marys, I've booked my place at Stevenage! I would have been at Oldham, but couldn't get a flight.

My point being:

We go 4 games unbeaten, everybody without exception, is praising the squad AND Aspin, talking about the great work they do.

We loose at Grimsby, win against Burton and loose big against the team that without a shadow of a doubt, is going to run away with the League!

All of a sudden, the players are crap, should be put in a pillory on the town square and Aspin should be dipped in tar, rolled in feathers and led through the city in shame.

I'm just asking for a bit of proportion in the discussion... Did people really expect us to go unbeaten through the season???

We are a work in progress, and all work this size will have setbacks. We will have a win, win, draw, loose, loose, draw, win kind of season. So the sooner we accept that, the sooner we all can get off the anti depressants :wink:

Completely agree.

However, conceding 6 at home for the first time since 1987, off the back of THE most baffling starting 11 in Port Vale history, compounded by a sincere lack of desire from the players, at the very least deserves serious, serious questions about the man in charge.

When added to contextual facts; one away win this year, 6 wins total this year, negligible improvement from this time last year... it really does get fairly damning.

Lincoln are a good side, but we're prouder than 'moving on' from conceding 6 to them. If people are willing to move on from such a massive embarrassment at the hands of a 4th tier football team, then the club's fallen further than I thought.

The only thing holding me back from being unequivocal in the need for Aspin to go is that Norman is the most incompetent chairman in the 92, and I wouldn't back him to appoint a visit to the dentist, let alone a manager to sort our club out.

Did I like it? No.

My point being:

Coming from Denmark to watch us in any league is admirable. Coming in our current state is a superb effort.

Coming to watch us midweek at Stevenage should really see you in Rampton.

Coming from Denmark to watch us in any league is admirable. Coming in our current state is a superb effort.

Coming to watch us midweek at Stevenage should really see you in Rampton.

Haha don’t know about Rampton 😂

Vale has just been my team since the start of the 90s... The Premier League is my favorite big international League, but I don’t really have a fav team... I watch Spurs, because Christian Eriksen is our top star player. I watch Liverpool because Daniel Agger used to play there, and I follow Huddersfield because I know and have coached Zanka (Mathias Jorgensen) as a kid.

But my itenerary is mostly away games, because of my work schedule. I was at the opening game, I was at Grimsby, and I’ll be at Stevenage, hopefully Mansfield, Morecambe, Crawley, Newport, Cheltenham, Notts County and Swindon, as well as the final game at Bury. I’ll see where the first round of the FA Cup brings us, and I’ve booked for the home game v Crewe. I’ll put a few home games in amongst those as well.

I just love to travel, and I love the Vale! So why not combine the two 😊

Haha don’t know about Rampton

Vale has just been my team since the start of the 90s... The Premier League is my favorite big international League, but I don’t really have a fav team... I watch Spurs, because Christian Eriksen is our top star player. I watch Liverpool because Daniel Agger used to play there, and I follow Huddersfield because I know and have coached Zanka (Mathias Jorgensen) as a kid.

But my itenerary is mostly away games, because of my work schedule. I was at the opening game, I was at Grimsby, and I’ll be at Stevenage, hopefully Mansfield, Morecambe, Crawley, Newport, Cheltenham, Notts County and Swindon, as well as the final game at Bury. I’ll see where the first round of the FA Cup brings us, and I’ve booked for the home game v Crewe. I’ll put a few home games in amongst those as well.

I just love to travel, and I love the Vale! So why not combine the two

Danish Valiant, just so you don't waste money Mansfield may well be postponed as it is on International weekend and they've had to postpone both last weekend and last month due to them having 3 internationals (Pearce for Barbados and a couple of others), likely won't be postponed until the week before so might be worth holding out on the flight tickets until it is confirmed as on.

Danish Valiant, just so you don't waste money Mansfield may well be postponed as it is on International weekend and they've had to postpone both last weekend and last month due to them having 3 internationals (Pearce for Barbados and a couple of others), likely won't be postponed until the week before so might be worth holding out on the flight tickets until it is confirmed as on.

Nice one VF16 for that info. That is my day on the beer in Nottingham ruined then. One i'd pencilled in for train job.

Your post made me think of this joke!

Olf, an ageing teddy boy, gets on the 5.30 train from Waterloo with his mate. Being thirsty, he heads for the buffet car and installs himself at the bar.

"Good evening, sir" says the bar tender "and what may I get you to drink: something long and cooling, perhaps"? The bar tender is surprised to see Olf's mate making faces at him over Olf's shoulder, and shaking his head emphatically. However, because he serves drinks on the rail network, he is used to eccentricity amongst his customers, so he turns back to Olf.

"How about a nice glass of ale"? he asks.

Olf's reply is dramatic. Turning puce with rage, he shouts at the top of his voice "Listen, you dimwitted ****brain, don't you dare offer me that watered down bat's p*ss you clown! What kind of an imbecile are you, anyway"?

Unnerved by this, the bar tender turns to Olf's mate and says "what did I do wrong"?

"I'm really sorry" the mate replies, "but he's just got this thing about the ales that are sold on the railway, you see:

"...rude Olf, the Ted, loathes train beer"....... (I'll get my coat)

Nice one VF16 for that info. That is my day on the beer in Nottingham ruined then. One i'd pencilled in for train job.

Its not 100% but the last two have so likely I would assume. Leaves us without a league game for three weeks with the cup weekend the week before.

Archived